Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Jan Case

Re: Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:55 pm

I took Chase for a walk yesterday whilst Geoff took Marlee but we quickly swapped over. Chase is GORGEOUS, he is beautiful and friendly but he is strong! Chase was happy to walk with whoever and quite happy to follow Marlee who does like to be in the lead. He is very gentle taking treats and really likes his cuddles. He seems to have a really nice nature, is dog friendly as well as people friendly, a little bit of training to teach him not to pull on the lead and you’ll have a pretty perfect dog here xxx

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:44 pm

I walked with chase on Friday and had the pleasure of some lovely cuddles too. What a gorgeous goof ball this boy is. He is still very puppy like and so good natured and just loves everything. He’s quite tall but not overly big sort of an overgrown lab size with slightly gangly legs which just adds to his charm. I am amazed this boy hasn’t been snapped up but hopefully it won’t be long before his forever family comes along as this boy has so much love to give love4.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Chase looking for a tummy tickle after his walk on Friday, love this loony boy, so full of love and life xxx
P7065140.JPG
P7065141.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:17 pm

I had a very lovely walk with the hunk of gorgeousness that is Chase on Friday love4.gif
We walked later in the day when it was more cloudy, Chase walked really well with me, enjoys his grass rolls and such a good boy with his 'sit' and very happy when a treat followed :D
P7135174.JPG
P7135176.JPG
P7135178.JPG
P7135180.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Geoff walked the gorgeous Chase yesterday in company with Biscuit and Chief ( who were with me). Chase was happy to take the lead and kept checking back that they were still following! He was delighted to go down to the water for a paddle and a drink, and took a very keen interest in a rather cheeky cat that was flaunting itself on the woodland path! The cat, deciding that discretion was the better part of valour made a quick exit, and Geoff made sure Chase didn’t follow!! Funnily enough we saw the same cat an hour or so later when we were walking Buds and Nyla!! Chief is a beautiful boy and will make a fabulous family dog, he is friendly and inquisitive, in typically Lab fashion, and very fond of treats, which will be a great training aid. Lovely boy, strong on the lead, he’ll benefit from some real lead training.

coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:12 pm

We had the pleasure of spending some time with Chase this weekend. He is a big lad, a mixture of lab and mastiff and jumped excitedly in to the car. He loves a cuddle and everyone in the family had at least one full face wash of dog kisses during our time together!

He definitely loves his and everyone else’s food but has some basic commands, he happily and politely gave everyone his paw when they offered him a treat which is a definite bonus when it comes to training.

He was very interested in everything in the house, particularly the soft toys which he bought in to play regularly but was good to give them back when they were taken off him and there was no growling. We did have to put a lot out of reach so I would definitely recommend this in a new home to start off with.

We had a couple of walks, on the first he walked beautifully on the lead with no pulling the second he did pull quite a lot and had a tendency to try and greet passing dogs very enthusiastically and so I had to hold very tight. He would definitely benefit from some more lead training and perhaps some play dates with other dogs though I am sure once he is settled in a home he would calm down it was all just so exciting.

He was certainly happy to lay on the floor or sofa and have his belly rubbed often snoozing with a gentle snore.

Chase is a lovely dog and deserves to find his forever home soon.
F223633A-C120-446A-BB67-E727B74E5F9C.jpeg
8E72E6DE-6476-4DCC-B661-59081981E388.jpeg
B8BAC310-27C3-41DB-97DA-CAE020835CB9.jpeg
76DFC314-67CC-4396-A772-4E696171580F.jpeg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:23 pm

Chase is my sons favourite boy - when he goes to kennels he always asks for him. He does pull but settles the longer he’s out - and he does listen......as long as he doesn’t spy a squirrel - then your arms may end up about 2ft longer 0028.gif. He’s a gentle boy though, he loves his people, accepting fuss at any opportunity. He has a lovely nature - still a little puppyish which is very endearing. Xx.
0E36601D-078E-4702-8EFE-4A7673A9D9EC.jpeg
9350B07F-98F9-4763-8DEC-DE3B82AE2564.jpeg

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:29 am

Geoff walked lovely Chase on Tuesday whilst I walked Frankie and Kim walked Buster. The plan was to all set off together but Kim and I took too long to get organised and Chase was keen to get going so Geoff set off ahead of us. Chase is a lovely boy, very gentle taking treats, very affectionate with people, very keen to chase squirrels and apparently not keen on horses, or at least not keen on the two large ones who suddenly appeared on the woodland path!! Geoff reassured him and all was well. Chase is going to make some lucky family a wonderful addition.

Jan Case

Post by Jan Case » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:12 pm

Geoff walked Chase today whilst I walked Chief and Biscuit. Geoff loves Chase, he is such a beautiful boy, and although he is quite big and very strong, he is so friendly and loving. An off lead chocolate lab came right up to him, nose to nose, and they exchanged polite tail wags and went in their ways. He walks well, only pulling once when he left the kennels because he doesn’t like the dog opposite him, and once when he saw a squirrel. Otherwise Geoff said you wouldn’t have known he was on the lead, he walked beside him or behind him on a loose lead all the way. I joined them for a play in the paddock afterwards where Chase explained that the best thing in the whole world would be for me to tickle his tummy!!! Chase would be a fabulous member of the family xxx

EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Rob and I took Chase for a lovely walk on Saturday and what a good boy he was. Chase can be a little excitable when you first enter his kennel but a quick treat later and he's easily clipped up and ready to go. After an initial few minutes of hyperness and pulling which I'm sure is largely down to being in kennels and he settles down into a nice walk. Chase is very responsive and engages with his walker well and looks for guidance when unsure. Chase is a medium size dog sort of lab / boxer size and he is very handsome too :-) He would be a great addition to any home and is hoping that his forever humans will come along very soon so he can again have a rug to call his own.

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”