Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

Chase Labrador x DofB 08.01.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 pm

Current Status: Available
Chase4.jpg
Chase's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Northern council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Chase is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Chase is in boarding kennels awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Chase's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Chase7.jpg
Chase2.jpg
Chase3.jpg
Chase9.jpg
Chase's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 22.03.18: Hi Lynne

We were wondering if you could possibly help us with Chase please who we think may be lab x mastiff. He’s a golden colour boy. We’ve had Chase in kennels since January. He’s an unclaimed poundie from Nottingham. We have had Chase neutered and he has recovered well.

This was what the dog warden originally sent to us re Chase Jan18:
On his microchip he is down as an Labrador x .
He is an entire male 2 yrs old he weighs 37 kg and about rotti size.
He was initially fearful in kennels but now has settled down and is responding in a friendly way.
He was very friendly with all the vet staff this morning when I took him for his vaccs. He is in good health.
He appears to be friendly with other dogs as well.
He responds to basic commands and will happily jump in and out of the van.
He is strong on the lead.

Kind regards Amanda x Safe&Sound

We have taken Chase on as of today 14.04.18

MrsP

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB TBAss Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:39 pm

Chase already knew I loved him as we've been chatting for quite some time, from back when the lovely Bambi was his next door neighbour. Today he became an RR dog and we could FINALLY go galavanting together woo.gif] He's a complete puppy through and through, but a full sized one! He's strong leaving kennels cos he's super excited and then he walks like an absolute dollop, plodding at my side without a care in the world. He's defo a bit Lab-y, led by his tummy and a tad goofy but full of the mastiff gentleness I've grown to adore. The only time he gets excited is around other dogs who he is just desperate to meet, all wags and play bows and puppy paw tapping. He is a big lad though so the dogs at the river looked a bit unsure of the clumsy oaf, Chase would LOVE some playdates please! You may have guessed that I think he's a smasher!
Chase handsome.jpg
soooooo handsome!
Chase love.jpg
Chase profile.jpg
Chase goofball2.jpg
Chase goofball.jpg
and a complete goofball!

Clarkes304

Post by Clarkes304 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:33 pm

I can’t resist a big Mastiff boy so I had to take lovely Chase out for a walk yesterday. What a gorgeous dog; he is pretty big but so gentle and soppy. I entered his kennel and we had a lovely hello, he didn’t jump up and just enjoyed the fuss. Harness and leads on no problem and off we went. He is a bit of a steam train out of the kennels but after the initial excitement he is happy to plod along. Chase makes the sweetest snorty, snuffling noises as he went on and really seemed to enjoy taking in all the sights and smells.
We came across a couple of dogs and he was veeeery interested - I had to hang on tight! - but it was all friendly and could tell he just wanted to say hello.
We had a lovely cool down by the river, even though he was a massive wuss and didn’t want to go in completely haha. He daintily dipped a toe in and had a drink and then decided that was quite enough thank you. I then got the chance to properly have some strokes and he has the most gorgeous wrinkly mastiff head and those soulful eyes love4.gif
287E33CD-F234-4654-8985-309DB0DDAA6C.jpeg
Loose lead plodding
A9ADE0A0-1088-4C25-9CD8-3EA6744C1D4D.jpeg
Snuffling
EB5EADF5-A897-43F8-9ADB-4239E9089C6B.jpeg
What you looking at, silly hooman
DC3C3FEA-18D3-417F-B621-C7B1C48705DE.jpeg
I’m so gorgeous!
Chase is such a happy and loving dog that he can’t stop wagging his tail in his kennel and it is getting very sore smiley-sad010.gif He really shouldn’t be there, so come on people, get your homing applications in! He would make an amazing family dog.

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:45 am

Got to say it, he looks like Hugs. love4.gif

Chase sounds like a wonderful boy and is so handsome! I am sure he will be very popular. 0093.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Sarahk

Re: Chase Labrador DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Wowsers, Chase had me under his spell in no time on friday, I wasn't the only one to fall for his charms, Chase is utterly gorgeous, stunning stunning boy love4.gif
DSC03193.JPG
Handsome handsome boy love4.gif
DSC03212.JPG
DSC03200 - Copy.JPG
Look at those eyes, heart melting, soft eyes xxx
And quite the poser for the camera !
DSC03194.JPG
DSC03197.JPG
DSC03203.JPG
oops, quite a few more pics, Chase was irresistible xxx
DSC03196.JPG
DSC03199.JPG
DSC03200.JPG
DSC03205.JPG
DSC03206.JPG
DSC03207.JPG
DSC03209.JPG
DSC03210.JPG
and off on his walkies with Helen ...
DSC03215.JPG
I'd be quick with those forms, I can't imagine Chase will be with us for long :crossfingers.gif:
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:28 am

SarahW wrote:Got to say it, he looks like Hugs. love4.gif

Chase sounds like a wonderful boy and is so handsome! I am sure he will be very popular. 0093.gif
I was going to say exactly the same love4.gif

SarahW

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:52 am

I had with my first walk with Chase yesterday. He is a very easy boy on the lead, no pulling, just wanting a good sniff. He does not like muddy conditions as the video shows. 0002.gif] A super boy who is a wonderful companion on a walk. I am sure he will be a popular dog with the volunteers. hopefully he will get whisked off to his forever home soon.
2018-04-28 12.31.42.jpg
Waiting for a treat
2018-04-28 12.31.45.jpg
I am part Labrador you know, so another treat ins in order...
2018-04-28 12.37.05.jpg
Such a handsome boy

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Elliesmum

Re: Chase Labradorx DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:22 pm

I walked Penny alongside Chase with new walker, Emma. Emma did very well as Chase is a very strong dog and he did pull her along a fair bit! Chase and Penny got along very well together and both seem very dog friendly. Although strong, Chase is definitely a loving, adorable boy. Very handsome and yes, he does look like Hugs!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

MrsP

Re: Chase Labrador x DofB 2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by MrsP » Thu May 17, 2018 5:41 pm

How's the dollop getting on? Has he been able to have a play with another dog in the parallel paddocks yet?

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Chase is doing well but is suffering from 'happy tail' so the tip of his tail has broken down with him hitting it on the kennel wall. 3 days ago we moved him into the house to avoid this and give his tail a chance to heal. He lounges on my sofa and is enjoying the peace. He has visual contact with Blossom who is very quiet but he keeps an eye. The dogs in the house enjoy 30-45 mins in the big paddock first thing so he chills out. He lost weight also so now with his more relaxing lifestyle we will build up again with extra lunchtime meals.

BUT yes he meets dogs beautifully when he was sharing the aligned paddocks.

Very easy in the vets receiving his vaccinations. Very easily in the front passenger seat in the dog mobile travelling..very loving boy

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Fri May 18, 2018 8:01 am

Chase you are so scrummy. My May would love you love4.gif

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”