Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Warlingham

Dogs that have found their forever home
nada.c

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

When Louie and I meet up, we usually go for a stroll in the woods. This means we have to walk alongside traffic for about 5 minutes which he can find overwhelming. So I keep him close to my side and remind him what ‘a good boy he is!’ The reward is that Louie can show off his champion squirrel spotting skills when we get there and I get to see his face light up with joy making it worth our while thumbs.gif. He also loves taking in all the smells that the woods have to offer.

For the first time in months the grazing sheep have returned to the local farm - that got Louie very excited! Louie is a clever boy and worked out that if he sat nicely we could watch the sheep for a few minutes. We’ll continue to work on calming his excitement around sheep in case his future home is in the countryside :crossfingers.gif:

We even passed a few walkers where he walked nicely by my side - well done Louie! And then returned to the kennels to have some cuddles love4.gif

Louie telling me a funny sheep joke
Louie telling me a funny sheep joke
GailW

Post by GailW »

Louie is absolutely fantastic. I love this boy. As a young, energetic boy, he’s got so much potential and would be perfect for an experienced owner who enjoys a bigger dog and is prepared to give him love. Louie is very responsive and engaging which makes it hard not to fall in love with him. He’s a smashing boy!
Louie1.jpg
Louie2.jpg
Louie3.jpg
Louie4.jpg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Louie yesterday. He is so loving and engaging. We tried a bit of canicross and he liked that a lot but also likes time to sniff everything and to have a sit by the river and watch the world go by. We didn’t meet any other dogs. I really enjoyed my time with him. love4.gif
B291BAF0-AE88-48A2-90BC-ADDDBEB4A823.jpeg
35E9FCA1-92F3-4C26-B760-949BA1244122.jpeg
4E93F106-79E3-4A0B-9840-7348D606FC80.jpeg
4E31F9E6-D314-48EF-84A0-223408B42B15.jpeg
AAC9C2D0-547F-4CDF-8AC3-264FD2029A89.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Spotting squirrels thumbs.gif

3954DA8A-B6F6-4942-BD73-B71DED623592.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Louie and I went for a run today. He was full of beans but well behaved. We met several off lead dogs, the first one he coped with pretty well considering he was sitting nicely out of the way and it bounded up to him. He barked a couple of times and became a bit strong but that was all. Then we passed a couple of well behaved on lead dogs and he listened to me and ignored them. We then had a nice run with a few sniff stops before encountering two swans. I am glad I spotted them first and had chance to slam on the brakes. He was very very interested in the swans but eventually did sit down to look at them, quivering with excitement. :dog_running-186.gif:
7A9E9C83-24C1-45E7-ACCC-1A5B601F698E.jpeg
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Louie Louie Louie he has stolen my heart. The more time I spend with him the more I see of his gentle spirit. The collie in him means he would rather be with you than off sniffing about. He is never happier than when he is close to you being loved. He is strong but manageable and is very connected and keen to please. He knows sit, paw and down, I am working on roll over. He is easy to train as he loves treats. He is good with people he knows and just needs to get his confidence with strangers. Lovey home please find him soon.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

So today Louie was in heaven... when we did our usual walk up to the farm, sheep in the fields on both sides of the lane came to see us. He was thrilled! But he knew if we were going to stay to watch he needed to ‘sit’ or ‘lie down’, so he lay down. The delight in his face watching them all was priceless love4.gif

(The photos below were taken last week when the weather was sunnier!)
Practicing our calm watch of sheep
Practicing our calm watch of sheep
Practicing our calm watch of horses
Practicing our calm watch of horses
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

I had the pleasure of taking the beautiful Louie into the paddock today. He loves to run around, come in for a cuddle, then go off exploring again. We even had belly rubs today which he really enjoyed, bless him!

He is a wonderful dog with his humans, but will need an experienced home who can manage his triggers around strangers and other dogs on walks. He is great putting on his harness and muzzle and is genuinely a very kind boy.

Louie resize 3.jpg
Louie resize 4.jpg
Louie resize 5.jpg
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

I took Louie out this morning and was surprised at how easy he was. We took a little while to get the harness and muzzle on but after a treat and a chat he was much more relaxed.
We kept away from too many distractions and walked through the park and ride down to the industrial estate. He walked very well, only pulling slightly when he heard something in the bushes. Otherwise a very relaxing walk.
He's a lovely looking boy who likes nothing better than a good roll in the grass!
FranB

Post by FranB »

I had a lovely time with Louie in the paddock today. He was so affectionate and gentle and really enjoyed a good run around. He encouraged me to part with as many treats as possible.
25AF43FD-FF96-4C9A-BA65-3255E3B6BCF8.jpeg
EFFC25AC-A91C-4179-94F0-F9D2084B8F83.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”