Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Warlingham

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Another lovely relaxed walk with Louie yesterday. He is an easy, bright boy who connects and responds. He jumps for joy seeing other dogs and would love to go and meet and play with them all but moving him on is no problem and he is calm and focussed back on me and his walk quickly.
DSCF3458.jpglouie.jpg
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Gorgeous Louie is very sweet and loving, and seems unfazed by other dogs. He really is stunning and unusual looking.

MrsP

Re: Louie Collie x DofB 01.07.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Louie spent a couple of weeks at Guildford happily before finding the area we walk in a bit stressful. With the weather being so lovely the river was always incredibly busy with joggers, cyclists, offlead dogs etc etc. Louie started getting a bit more reactive so I muzzle trained him. He has been such a good boy about wearing a muzzle and I'm absolutely smitten with him. We've started doing some focus games too to use his Collie brain and he's just an absolute delight.
Smiling in sunshine
Smiling in sunshine
Not sure about this muzzle malarky Laura (first time out with it)
Not sure about this muzzle malarky Laura (first time out with it)
I think he's ok with it now
I think he's ok with it now
Louie insists on a lie down cuddle before going back to kennels
Louie insists on a lie down cuddle before going back to kennels
He's attached to my waist hence the unheld lead
He's attached to my waist hence the unheld lead
at his happiest once he's worked his way into getting cradled like a baby!
at his happiest once he's worked his way into getting cradled like a baby!
Kisses
Kisses
pits

Post by pits »

Great photos.

It was great to meet Louie for the first time today and to give him a walk. He does this thing where he presses and leans against you for more attention. He's got a great smile and I ended up spending more time than I had planned giving him attention.
lsmall3.jpg
lsmall2.jpg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Handsome Louie and I had chill out time in the paddock today - my first outing with Louie and what a charmer he was love4.gif

Even though we had free reign of the paddock, he wouldn’t leave my side so I encouraged him with a little play - chase and a little ball throwing. He paddled in the pool for a little bit, and then we played focus games. He mastered ‘sit’ and ‘stay’, but wasn’t sure about ‘paw’. We then sat in the shade for cuddles.

Louie is a bright and gorgeous dog waiting to offer up his companionship and cuddles to the right home angel13.gif]
E5573E7C-2065-4822-B797-9519E479D8F9.jpeg
31B27FD3-255F-4A48-8603-685C86F8D518.jpeg
Last edited by nada.c on Sat 14 Jul 2018 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Louie has really won me over with his charms! On Wednesday we went for our second outing together - this time a walk by the river. I'd read up about him and prepared for him to be worried by passersby and other dogs, but I needn't have been concerned, he passed them all with no reaction. He was super easy to muzzle, and didn't try once to take it off, in fact, it didn't seem to bother him at all. He was loose and light on the lead for our whole walk.

As it was warm, Louie took several dips in the river, and then we found a cool spot on the grass for chill out and cuddle time. He is such an affectionate boy - loving tummy rubs, but also just leaning against your legs.

Back in his kennel we worked on his name with eye contact in exchange for treats, and 'paw' again. He seemed to be amusing me with the 'paw' thing - not sure of the point of it, but happy it got him a treat when he did it 0002.gif]

Louie would make a great companion - loving and loyal. He just needs the right people to give him the input he needs to be the dog he was meant to be angel13.gif]
3F7969D7-ABE1-4FA3-B0B8-DD5DDE0E334E.jpeg
Last edited by nada.c on Sat 14 Jul 2018 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
pits

Post by pits »

Here's handsome Louie photographed earlier. He has his own unique brand of amazing cuddles, he's a special dog and he will make you fall in love with him. Do consider Louie!
louie small.jpg
louie two small.jpg
louie three small.jpg
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

I love Louie. He is a fabulous dog. He has such a brain on him that with the right & committed owner he could be a complete superstar.

I took him to the paddock today and wowsers, it was zoomie city! It was heartwarming to see this clever dog let off some steam, relax and be happy.

After zoomie city, Louie and I then played some basic training games. This boy is soooo focused on his human and seemed to really enjoy his training sesh in true collie styleee.

Please someone give this nice natured, bright as a button boy a chance. He could go so far.......
A059BBE5-18C9-4B5A-962F-291A6A935CC6.jpeg
ektaylor

Post by ektaylor »

Louie is such a sweet and affectionate dog. I took him into the paddock today so he could have a good run around. After about 10 minutes though he was by my side leaning against my legs for cuddles and a tickle behind the ear. So we had to go exploring together!

I have walked Louie a couple of times aswell and he really is special. He always turns to make sure you're still with him. He is reactive to other dogs, but with the correct management, plenty of room and reassurance he calms down very quickly.

I can't wait for him to find his forever home. Someone will be very lucky to have him.

Louie resize 2.jpg
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

Louie is such a handsome pooch 🐶 We had a little play time today in the paddock, which mainly just consisted of cuddles bless him.

He had a good sniff around the paddock, and wasn’t too interested in the various toys or tennis balls. He was more interested in his human and whatever treats there might be!

He went for a wondeful zoom around - I caught some on camera - before he crashed into me 😂
F47C7997-15F5-4A3A-B15C-17452B9EDFBC.jpeg
64F34373-8EBA-4B56-951D-56DD3235EFF8.jpeg
He gets in really funny positions for cuddles, climbing all over and leaning up against you. At one point he had snaked around me with his head trying to get in my coat sleeve!

This intelligent young boy would love to find his forever home! Please consider adopting this cuddle monster ❤️

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”