Oscar Shar pei x Staffie DofB 27.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
xxlynne

Oscar Shar pei x Staffie DofB 27.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:59 pm

Current Status: Available
Oscar2.JPG
Oscar's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a MIdland's council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Oscar will be neutered; chipped and is fully vaccinated.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Oscar's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Oscar6.jpg
Oscar11.JPG
Oscar56.jpg
Oscar4.JPG
Oscar's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 10.03.18: Lynne Oscar is the Staffie x Shar pei boy 1 year old boy Lovely natured lad has some traits of both breeds.
Oscar.jpg
We can send donation towards his neuter and he is vaccinated.

Not keen on other dogs at the moment He is urgent Cx

Chapmania

Re: Oscar Sharpei x Staffie DofB 2017 Coming 23rd March

Post by Chapmania » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:06 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Oscar love4.gif xx

SarahW

Re: Oscar Shar pei x Staffie DofB 27.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 am

I had a walk with Oscar on Saturday. He is still settling into kennel life but is making huge improvements and making more walker friends. He is stunning in the fur, with an adorable squishy face. A very strong boy who loves sausages! Totally forgot to take pictures but I hope to walk him again and get photos that show off his beauty. love4.gif

Oh and he is not for puddles! On the woodland walk he stopped dead when confronted with a path wide puddle and looked for the narrowest part to jump over. 0002.gif]
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:46 am

I had a lovely time in the paddock with Oscar and Diane. Oscar was showing me what a good boy he is (especially for a treat!).

I am really enjoying getting to know this hunky, fun boy! love4.gif

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
2018-04-07 12.40.09.jpg
2018-04-07 12.40.11.jpg
2018-04-07 12.40.13.jpg
2018-04-07 12.40.14.jpg
2018-04-07 12.45.30-1.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

CarolynRob

Post by CarolynRob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Aww hes looking fabulous. Love his two colour coat. Another dog the wonderful Lynne agreed to help for me. thumbs.gif thumbs.gif angel13.gif]

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Oscar is quite the cheeky chappie! I love the way whenever I go near him his eyes are sparkling, it appears that he has a huge grin on his face, his whole body sways and he looks at you as if to say "treats please". 0002.gif]

I have only walked Oscar once when Lynne introduced me to him. I always go and see Oscar every week and have a chat with him and take him some treats. Yesterday I got to walk him and asked fellow walker Leeanne to come and meet him and join us on a walk.

Oscar is a gorgeous boy and his photos don't do him justice. His coat is incredibly soft and shiny. He is a friendly boy but is a little unsure of other dogs at the moment and can become barky. We met Angus with his walker in the woods and he didn't bat an eyelid as we passed fairly close by so that was encouraging. Good boy Oscar.

We enjoyed a lovely walk in the beautiful woodland. Oscar was a good boy, he is quite strong but is very responsive. It was very hot yesterday so we walked in shady places where we could. We went into the paddock where Oscar had a run around, enjoyed lots of rolling and then was quite happy laying in the shade enjoying a break away from his kennel. Oscar enjoys company and when you tell him what a good boy he is his tail just wags and wags. Such a happy soul despite not having a home to call his own. Super, super boy. Love him love4.gif xx
20180506_131139.jpg
20180506_131158.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat May 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Lovely to meet Oscar yesterday - we went to the paddock with one of his favourite people Diana...
DSC04448.JPG
DSC04442.JPG
DSC04430.JPG
DSC04436.JPG
DSC04434.JPG
Oscar loves to play which hand is the treat in with Diana :D
P5184711.JPG
It's lovely to see these special bonds that blossom between our walkers and our wonderful dogs thumbs.gif

All that fun on a warm sunny day meant a drink was in order !

Big hunk of a boy is Oscar and his Sharpei tongue often on display love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat May 19, 2018 8:21 pm

and in close up ...
DSC04446.JPG
DSC04447.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:34 pm

Poor old Oscar, I had to scroll down loads to find his thread, where no one ever writes up in him and he doesn't get as many walks as the other dogs. He's a big, strong boy so me and Kim walk him together as he can be quite stubborn and strong when he plants himself. We had a walk then let him off in the paddock, where he enjoys plodding around and having a good sniff. He was impossible to photograph today and led me and Kim a merry dance when we tried to catch him again to take him back 0002.gif]
We have walked him together a few times now and feels he knows us and trusts us. I sat in the paddock and he came over a few times to nudge my hand with his nose for some attention and he enjoys a good back scratch, which I did quietly and after he'd clearly invited me to do, after backing up and shoving his ample bum at me lol.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:12 pm

I had the pleasure of walking Oscar today with Helen. His dear little face lights up when I go and get him as he just loves his walks. He waits like a good boy to have his leads clipped on. Oscar pulls initially but soon calms down and today just ambled along enjoying the new smells along the way. He really enjoyed his time away from the kennels with a lovely smile on his face. Oscar is such a happy boy until he realises that it is time to return to the kennels. We usually have to do a sausage trail for him but that didn't work today! Luckily Ella one of our wonderful kennel staff was there to encourage Oscar and like a very good boy he trotted off back to his kennel. Good boy Oscar love4.gif xx

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”