Poncho AmBull x DofB 2014 Beddington Croydon

Dogs that have found their forever home
FranB

Re: Poncho AmBull DofB 2014 Guildford Kenns

Post by FranB »

Poncho enjoyed the lovely weather again today and the excitement of meeting a swan. He did really well meeting several dogs, mainly on lead, and he showed he can sit and listen and really wants to be good but he did get very excited when Bessie went passed and jumped towards her and was very strong for a short period of time, not aggressive but very keen to pull me in her direction. He is getting better all the time though and was super affectionate when we sat by the river, climbing on my knee.
AE1361B1-B78B-42BF-B7FC-6B1B39A69D4C.jpeg
F0999DBC-3AA7-47AD-BC76-6B994A74AD5D.jpeg
7D18DB62-22B3-4E4E-829A-71D207FB57FB.jpeg
33A8DE1E-D33D-4C35-9377-C8B1A8B7C81D.jpeg
230CA2A2-C77B-4C50-88A5-FE90C0D0D64F.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Lovely walk with Poncho on friday, he was keen to meet Lucy who was coming back from the lake at Loseley, given she was a bit excited, Poncho then also got a bit jumpy, they weren't to be pals to walk back to the kennel so we hung back and with the aid of chicken chilled and then had distance between us. Back at the kennels he said hello to a fair few of the RR walkers sitting lovely for treats. A lovely boy is Poncho.
Poncho having a good roll
Poncho having a good roll
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Poncho does a brill sit
Poncho does a brill sit
FranB

Post by FranB »

I have had the pleasure of Poncho for the past couple of days. We did some canicross along the river which he really enjoyed and zoomed off. He went past the cows very well and was very good coming up and down the steps, he does listen a lot more now and knows the words steady and heel.
Yesterday he enjoyed a nice wallow in the river and did his hippo impression. love4.gif
E9F3633E-4943-404B-9B24-3080606F997D.jpeg
689985B4-D80F-4788-9680-C4681B00D240.jpeg
9428B034-FCFD-4CDE-AC46-192066A2E8AA.jpeg
2A60ECDD-12FB-4C32-9044-F8F1F55A2546.jpeg
58A9EFAA-1917-439B-9090-DA7CF0C22035.jpeg
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Had a lovely long walk with Poncho today, he seemed to know we were going for a longer walk and even at the end would have happily carried on even further. Out and about Poncho wanted to go over and say hello to most people today, but wasn't that keen on other dogs for company, so we just kept going. We had a few stops on route for water, cuddle and treat.

I really feel for the dogs as it is getting colder and Poncho is no exception... yes he looks very dapper in his jacket in his kennel, but it would be so much nicer to know he was in a lovely warm house (with humans that walkers / runners)
Poncho being a bit serious face today
Poncho being a bit serious face today
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk and run with Poncho today. The good weather had everyone out and about and we met lots of dogs and I was so pleased with Poncho and how he behaved. He will sit and wait for a treat unless the dogs are totally in his face, and he did this several times very well. Then we were nicely out of the way when a muzzled off lead greyhound bounded straight up to him and he was very good, I think he wanted to play but he was not at all aggressive with it or the second off lead dog that followed. He does seem to be getting better all the time and really wants to please. He has also become very good at sitting in his bed ,when asked to ,when you first go to get him out which is much nicer than his old jumping up and getting over excited. love4.gif
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

The boyz (Poncho and Rizzie) went to Losley on Saturday and had a good walk, passing dogs and people with ease and on Sunday we had a one on one long walk. Poncho loves drinking water stops, as these mean possibly a treat stop too, but also this can be a chance to roll around. Once he has rolled for a bit, he will then just go still on his back, this is the invite for tummy / chin tickles and he will just lay there still and it is usually the human that makes the move for moving on.
Poncho15.JPG
. It was a great explore over towards Compton, all new to Poncho and gave a nice stretch of the legs (me and him!), we had cyclist pass us, joggers and other dogs and he was pretty good with them all. On route back a lovely lady from the cottages gave us treat for the 'rescue dogs' we thanked her very much and Poncho tested a couple (litterally only a couple!!). angel13.gif]
Poncho the Explorer
Poncho the Explorer
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely late afternoon walk with Poncho today. He was full of beans and enjoyed a good run for the first mile. Then he settled and we walked and sat by the stream and watched the world go by. He was really hot when we got home so we sat on the bench to cool down for a few minutes and he raided my backpack for every treat he could find.
067499E5-CB32-406A-A77F-5D94DDC11821.jpeg
ABD76B55-13F1-4B5A-83FC-E8B0553F525F.jpeg
C52FC7DE-36CE-41BE-A103-B2E4791F4F94.jpeg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Poncho xx
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

Well one of the favourite Guildford boys has been Homed !!
Poncho was patiently waiting for his family as all his kennel friends went out for their afternoon walks .Then they arrived and he knew them straight away ,The lovely family had returned to take him home !!
Poncho loved all their undivided attention and he will be the centre of the family .Good Luck boy enjoy your new Home !

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”