Mandy Staffie x Bulldog DofB ?2010 - 14th February 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Mandy Staffie x Mastiff DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

My sons first walk with Mandy today - but pretty sure it won’t be their last! Mandy is a gorgeous girl - loves people and is a real softy. She loves to be told what a good girl she is and leans in for cuddles. Mandy needs support when passing other dogs - a few kind but firm words and to keep moving does the trick - as soon as they’ve passed, she’s forgotten all about them and certainly doesn’t seek them out. I think she only tells them off because they’re disturbing her walk......and intruding on her sniffing out new scents. She’s a lovely girl, lovely natured and totally charmed my son today. Xx
EBC335DA-4CC7-4ACB-A961-05CB0C9266F0.jpeg
12DC3D2D-2D40-4F4A-944F-B37B5C3AF919.jpeg
B828E93B-66CC-4E25-BBAD-3BB810C7D67A.jpeg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I had a lovely walk with Mandy on Saturday. It was my first time walking her and I can only agree with everyone else in that she is a really lovely natured dog who enjoys a bit of fuss and attention and the odd cuddle thrown in thumbs.gif
We didn't really come across many dogs on our walk so I can't comment on how she is coming on in that respect but in all other ways she is fabulous love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Mandy was my last walk of the day yesterday. It was my first time of walking her. We had a lovely, calm walk in the sunshine over the common. Mandy is quite a strong girl but manageable as she is very responsive. She pulled a bit when she saw 2 people walking towards us. No barking at all but a lovely waggy tail for a greeting, she just wanted to say hello. The people were more than happy to oblige with a few strokes and saying hello to Mandy. They remarked at how pretty she was and how sad it was that such a lovely friendly dog was without a home. (They have met Mandy out on walks before they said so I expect that Mandy recognised them and knew that she would get cuddles!) Although Mandy is not a fan of other dogs and will bark when she sees them, she is definately a people's dog. Mandy would make them most loving and loyal companion that you could wish for. Love her love4.gif xx

Such a beautiful girl.
20180902_142959.jpg
Oh you have sausages - I don't mind if I do! Perfect sit and stay.
20180902_143052.jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Mandy, well what a walk. You were calm form the start and even though other dogs passed us by, you remained composed and almost relaxed. I would like to say thank you to all the staff who have walked Mandy as (for me, Mandy has never been this relaxed near other dogs before)
Today Mandy was a super calm relaxed lady, she walked with confidence and pride. Mandy enjoyed seeing wildlife and it seemed that wildlife enjoyed seeing her. She spotted a mouse and just watched it for me.
Mandy's a star and very lovable, she has a warmth about her which is captivating and reassuring.
Thanks for an awesome walk Mandy, you really are a fine lady.

Mandy spots a mouse and kindly points out it's location.
20180916_112522.jpg
She showed no aggression to mouse but ensures I've seen it by showing me where it's hidden.
20180916_112517.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Mandy was excited to be going out for walkies with Ben yesterday but even more excited when she realised that I had treats 0002.gif]

I spy treats thumbs.gif
B42F8957-E70B-4855-A082-B3C46D6EFE93.jpeg

Do I get more if I do my good girl sit ?
9199E0FC-9815-4CD1-B531-2372AC376398.jpeg
Yes of course you do lovely Mandy :D
0ED12C76-D62F-4785-9D1A-9B6AA031338E.jpeg

Don’t tell Mandy but she’d have got treats whether she’d sat or not, just because she’s a big dollop of loveliness love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
coffeepot12

Post by coffeepot12 »

Mandy is such a lovely girl, she let me put the harness on her without any fuss and was keen to get out for a walk.

She loves a sniff and walks well on the lead turning back every so often and responding to your voice. She is still not a big fan of other dogs, barking loudly as they passed but quickly forgotten once we moved on.

She has such a lot of love for her human friends, when we sat down she enjoyed a cuddle and a couple of times gave me a big kiss.

She is also a big treat fan and as soon as my hand when in my bag she had sat down waiting patiently for a sausage love her.

Mandy has such a lot of love to give and I am sure would make a very loyal friend for life.
8DEA9B23-69B1-4DC8-80DC-1A432A8A70BF.jpeg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Miss Mandy is very much the softest of bulldogs. Her fur is like soft silk and she loves to exchange affection. As I type she has come up for a cuddle. She is also very playful. During the day Mandy lounges on my bed and then swaps over with my dogs and so spends the later part of the evening with me in my office. She is a sniffer dog and always has her nose into this or that. She loves to play and watch all that happens around her. She is like a lioness

Mandy has a funny habit of sucking her back paw, so when she settles she sits and her paw goes in her mouth and she sucks. She enjoys her own company and can be left easily but yes she prefers having human company.

Mandy, its true to say isn't a fan of other dogs. Her first response is to tells them off for being close by... heriniate instincts are to avoid and after a brief display, she walks on. This is what stops Mandy getting her forever home. She needs a competent, confident bullbreed handler who knows how to manage a bigger bulldog, steering her away; Mandy will do the shooing...other dogs are in no doubt she doesn't want to meet them! As an only pet you can not get a more loyal, devoted companion
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mandy3,19.JPG
This is how Mandy spends her days...waiting for her special home :crossfingers.gif:
LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

I've walked Mandy several times now and I absolutely adore our walks!

She loves people so much and I always ablige with back scratches and treats as she's such a good girl.

She doesn't always like meeting other dogs, but as long as they don't surprise her or bark at her she really is good.
On Saturday we had 2 groups of dogs walk by us and she didn't react or bark once. She calmly sat with me for a treat and just looked at them on occasion to see what was happening.

She loves her walks and being with company and is so loving. I hope you get your well deserved home soon Mandy! :goodluck.gif:
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

My girlfriend! we love our walks and lots of treats.

She can be a bit vocal but loves a cuddle and some attention.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”