Mandy Staffie x Bulldog DofB ?2010 - 14th February 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Re: Mandy Staffie x Mastiff DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Miss Mandy is very much the softest of bulldogs. Her fur is like soft silk and she loves to exchange affection. As I type she has come up for a cuddle. She is also very playful. During the day Mandy lounges on my bed and then swaps over with my dogs and so spends the later part of the evening with me in my office. She is a sniffer dog and always has her nose into this or that. She loves to play and watch all that happens around her. She is like a lioness

Mandy has a funny habit of sucking her back paw, so when she settles she sits and her paw goes in her mouth and she sucks. She enjoys her own company and can be left easily but yes she prefers having human company.

Mandy, its true to say isn't a fan of other dogs. Her first response is to tells them off for being close by... heriniate instincts are to avoid and after a brief display, she walks on. This is what stops Mandy getting her forever home. She needs a competent, confident bullbreed handler who knows how to manage a bigger bulldog, steering her away; Mandy will do the shooing...other dogs are in no doubt she doesn't want to meet them! As an only pet you can not get a more loyal, devoted companion
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mandy3,19.JPG
This is how Mandy spends her days...waiting for her special home :crossfingers.gif:
LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

I've walked Mandy several times now and I absolutely adore our walks!

She loves people so much and I always ablige with back scratches and treats as she's such a good girl.

She doesn't always like meeting other dogs, but as long as they don't surprise her or bark at her she really is good.
On Saturday we had 2 groups of dogs walk by us and she didn't react or bark once. She calmly sat with me for a treat and just looked at them on occasion to see what was happening.

She loves her walks and being with company and is so loving. I hope you get your well deserved home soon Mandy! :goodluck.gif:
stuartportlock

Post by stuartportlock »

My girlfriend! we love our walks and lots of treats.

She can be a bit vocal but loves a cuddle and some attention.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Mandy rather liked a lot of fuss yesterday - backscratches, cuddles and tummy tickles too - Mandy was in her element !!! love4.gif
Cuddles with Jemma
Cuddles with Jemma
See I am a lapdog really !!!
See I am a lapdog really !!!
889204C3-A8A8-45C0-8F27-D9F809BADD33.jpeg
F156306B-9C48-4720-B9D5-8A3594BCB076.jpeg
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
LouiseR

Post by LouiseR »

I love this lady! She is such a sweetheart and we have lovely walks together. She loves her fuss too and scratches and tummy tickles are always appreciated with kisses.

Mandy loved investigating all the smells today so we had a relaxed amble around the woods before stopping for a fuss session and heading back. She also showed off her sit and paw for treats.

I really do have my fingers crossed you find your new family soon :goodluck.gif:
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Mandy is such a great girl. When she sees me I always get a loving welcome, full body wiggles! On her walk yesterday she was very relaxed. She can react when she comes upon a dog close by without much notice but I move her on and she settles quickly. She loves people and is just the most affectionate friend.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mandy spends her day stretched out on my bed and then at night she swaps with my own dogs and stretches out in my lounge. We have a little routine which involves a room change-over when Mandy is carjouled by my Staffie through the window and Mandy joins in with gusto and soon the change over is all over, she smiles and settles in her space. Of an evening she always rushes into the room as though expecting to find my Staffie the temptress in it ...then realises she isn't there, and looks up expectantly "Is there is supper on offer?" Mandy always has a little late snack and it is always a surprise and a delight!

Tonight I went to spend time with Mandy in her room and lay down next to her to see what she would do. Mandy is both very loving and very playful. I waited
MandyJun1.JPG
MandyJun.JPG
I lay very still then there was a move and suddenly she had landed up close with her paw offered in friendship ... then suddenly lots and lots of kisses all over my face. I looked into her deep brown eyes and the love poured out... Mandy is a Bulldog through and through...no she doesn't really know how to behave around dogs but through the adjoining paddock fence she often will relate nicely and sometimes will run along and play: But you wouldn't trust her dog skills.

Human skills? ... perfection what a companion what a star
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Had a lovely time with Mandy a few weeks ago in the paddock.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I don’t often have the pleasure of walking the lovely Mandy but yesterday I had my chance woo.gif]

My she walks so well on the lead - we had a fabulous time and bless her she put up with my very poor rendition of “oh Mandy” !!!

Mandy is amazing and so connected to her walker, say her name and her head turns to you - beautiful xxx
2360E2CE-E8CD-4733-B0FA-9FD1A25600D3.jpeg

3D5938B7-6AD5-4313-BA5D-06646061A9FF.jpeg
4772B71F-DF67-45ED-B200-B1D087B252B4.jpeg
Come on Mandy’s home, you’re missing out on this bundle of love love4.gif

We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”