Mandy Staffie x Bulldog DofB ?2010 - 14th February 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Gareth.C

Re: Mandy Staffie x Mastiff DofB ?2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by Gareth.C »

I walked Mandy for the first time this weekend and I'm a huge fan! I had met her at her kennel door a few times in the past and she can look a bit intimidating because of her size and musculature (check out her shoulder definition below!) however she has the softest coat, is extremely people friendly and was very easy to walk.
Mandy Muscles_opt.jpg
I had read that Mandy is not too fond of random dogs getting in her face however on our walk Mandy behaved perfectly - we had 2 run ins with off lead dogs (a labrador and a pointer) and both times Mandy sat quietly at my feet. She is very treat focussed and very responsive to commands which makes her easily manageable - the training and positive environment she gets with the walkers has obviously improved her confidence a lot.

It was quite warm on Saturday and I learnt Mandy loves a swim - she is a bit goofy when it comes to water as she doesnt seem to check the depth before stepping in, resulting in an undignifed dunking in the river and me almost following her in.
Mandy Swimming.jpg
Mandy Swimming 2_opt.jpg
After our walk I ended up sat in her kennel for a long time as it is very sweet how much Mandy loves the company - once I sat on the floor she sat down next to me with her head on my knee and just seemed so relaxed that its hard to leave her on own again. I really hope her family finds her soon.
pits

Re: Mandy Staffie x Mastiff DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by pits »

It was a pleasure to walk Mandy again today. Very sweet and well behaved, just happy to spend time with you and to receive attention and cuddles, respectful and easy to harness and so on.
mandysmall.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Delighted to see Mandy again today - such a lovely natured girl. Easily harnessed and off we went. She totally ignored Rolo who gave her a good shouting at from his kennel as we passed. I love how Mandy investigates everything of interest on her walk - thoroughly enjoying every second of her time out. Kim passed us with new terrier Winston and both dogs gave each other what for.....we then passed them again 10 minutes later with the same reaction. However, 5 seconds later Mandy had forgotten all about it and was back to smooching about in the woods. I received lovely cuddles in the poets hut and a full face wash!! She’s adorable. Xx
280D0F32-6B69-40CE-B16C-976F9292E580.jpeg
BB64F6EF-50A0-41E7-BC53-17B9AE258110.jpeg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Mandy going into the paddock last night how she shies away from the dogs at the ends of their kennels. Mandy is a sniffer very much into the smells on her walks

Enter Alvin in the paddock next door
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Love this sweet girl love4.gif
Such a playful, cuddly pup who was happy to lie in the shade with me in exchange for belly rubs!

I have made a video of Mandy below:

Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today was my first walk with Mandy and what a charming lady she is. We had a medium sized walk where once settled she showed great elegance and control. Her warm heart and kindly ways won me over as did her walking style. She is a powerful dog but shows good restraint. These traits should set her up well for future homing.
I enjoyed my walk and walk of the day goes to Mandy. Thanks for an enjoyable controlled walk.
20180729_114525.jpg
She sat on the bridge watching the squirrels.
20180729_114917.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

My sons first walk with Mandy today - but pretty sure it won’t be their last! Mandy is a gorgeous girl - loves people and is a real softy. She loves to be told what a good girl she is and leans in for cuddles. Mandy needs support when passing other dogs - a few kind but firm words and to keep moving does the trick - as soon as they’ve passed, she’s forgotten all about them and certainly doesn’t seek them out. I think she only tells them off because they’re disturbing her walk......and intruding on her sniffing out new scents. She’s a lovely girl, lovely natured and totally charmed my son today. Xx
EBC335DA-4CC7-4ACB-A961-05CB0C9266F0.jpeg
12DC3D2D-2D40-4F4A-944F-B37B5C3AF919.jpeg
B828E93B-66CC-4E25-BBAD-3BB810C7D67A.jpeg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I had a lovely walk with Mandy on Saturday. It was my first time walking her and I can only agree with everyone else in that she is a really lovely natured dog who enjoys a bit of fuss and attention and the odd cuddle thrown in thumbs.gif
We didn't really come across many dogs on our walk so I can't comment on how she is coming on in that respect but in all other ways she is fabulous love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Mandy was my last walk of the day yesterday. It was my first time of walking her. We had a lovely, calm walk in the sunshine over the common. Mandy is quite a strong girl but manageable as she is very responsive. She pulled a bit when she saw 2 people walking towards us. No barking at all but a lovely waggy tail for a greeting, she just wanted to say hello. The people were more than happy to oblige with a few strokes and saying hello to Mandy. They remarked at how pretty she was and how sad it was that such a lovely friendly dog was without a home. (They have met Mandy out on walks before they said so I expect that Mandy recognised them and knew that she would get cuddles!) Although Mandy is not a fan of other dogs and will bark when she sees them, she is definately a people's dog. Mandy would make them most loving and loyal companion that you could wish for. Love her love4.gif xx

Such a beautiful girl.
20180902_142959.jpg
Oh you have sausages - I don't mind if I do! Perfect sit and stay.
20180902_143052.jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Mandy, well what a walk. You were calm form the start and even though other dogs passed us by, you remained composed and almost relaxed. I would like to say thank you to all the staff who have walked Mandy as (for me, Mandy has never been this relaxed near other dogs before)
Today Mandy was a super calm relaxed lady, she walked with confidence and pride. Mandy enjoyed seeing wildlife and it seemed that wildlife enjoyed seeing her. She spotted a mouse and just watched it for me.
Mandy's a star and very lovable, she has a warmth about her which is captivating and reassuring.
Thanks for an awesome walk Mandy, you really are a fine lady.

Mandy spots a mouse and kindly points out it's location.
20180916_112522.jpg
She showed no aggression to mouse but ensures I've seen it by showing me where it's hidden.
20180916_112517.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”