Troy Greyhound DofB 2013 Redhill

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Troy Greyhound DofB 2013 Redhill

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Troy47.JPG
Troy's Story : Found tied up outside a supermarket clearly abandoned: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Troy is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Troy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Troy's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Troy46.JPG
Troy41.JPG
Troy's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to offer Troy a Rescue place by our local dog warden. Troy came on to our books on the 22nd November 17
Sarahk

Re: Troy Greyhound DofB ?2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Troy is such a gentleman, elegant and just the bee's knees ! Just look at those beautiful eyes of his and you too will fall under his spell love4.gif
PB172847.JPG
:D see what I mean !!!
PB172846.JPG
PB172843.JPG
PB172837.JPG
Troy does the one ear up one down like an absolute pro !!
PB172841.JPG
PB172835.JPG
Beautiful boy, he's going to be a big hit with the walkers thumbs.gif

Karen (Toops) where are you ??!!?? You'll love him love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Toops

Post by Toops »

I'm still watching Sarah, just not really able to get to kennels now that I'm working full time! What a handsome chap Troy is. Hopefully he'll soon be snapped up.
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Troy. I had the pleasure of meeting and walking this gorgeous boy love4.gif So friendly and walks like a dream. Really laid back. A real gent. Loved him xx
Weebs

Post by Weebs »

Had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful wonderful wonderful dream of a dog today. The warmest of welcomes into his kennel this morning, easy-peasy-lemon-squeasy to harness and off we went. Troy is so light on the lead and harness that a few times I had to double check that he was still there! He remains close to you or slightly behind whilst walking. We didn't come across any other dogs but did come across pigeons and squirrels - he was alert to them but did not seem to want to give chase. We went then went into the paddock so Troy could have a run around. He chased after the tennis balls at great speed but was actually more interested in coming in close for cuddles and rubs of the ears - I LOVE his wonky cronky ears. I look forward to walking him again although I can't see that he will be long with us as Troy is a very special dog (as they all are) and will make a family very happy and proud.
Fional

Post by Fional »

I walked Troy again yesterday. I do love him so. So gentle and easy to get in and out of his kennel. We always head straight to the paddock. His speed is amazing as he bounds up and down after a tennis ball. We then went out for a walk - good as gold. Couldn't resist taking him back in the paddock for another run! Foul weather - dried him off with a towel and reluctantly had to leave him. Special boy angel13.gif] Fiona L
helengarner

Re: Troy Greyhound DofB ?2013 Kingston Temp Foster

Post by helengarner »

Troy's 12 Days of Christmas- Day 1

Troy is an absolute joy. He has made himself right at home with us without a glitch.
Troy travelled over an hour home and slept on the back seats for the duration. Once home, he struggled to get up the stairs to our flat a bit, and i discovered for the first time the greyhound stubborness. Gentle encouragement worked very well and he was up. I gavr him a nice bath. Despite his size, i was the completely dry by the time we had finished and Troy is now soft and smelling of melon and cucumber shampoo!
He has met lots of people well whilst out and about from the postman to the builders and thw man who owns the dry cleaners. He is very vrry friendly and absolutely loves a fuss. He has a real chirpy disposition thats really quite infectious!
He has passed dogs on lead very well without quibble so far, lovely and gentle on the lead and enjoys being out and about very much. So far, his prey drive only extends to squirrels and even then its not extreme at all. He has shown very little interest in the local cats, birds and horses. We're yet to meet the deer over Richmond Park.1
In the home he has been conpletely clean, will give tpys back remarkably quickly when asked, and has not attempted to eat any of his presents under the tree early! love25.gif
He enjoys his food and his treats.

Troy's only Christmas wish is for home this Christmas. If you think you could give him a loving home, please make his wishes come true and consider filling in a homing form.
helengarner

Re: Troy Greyhound DofB ?2013 Kingston Temp Foster

Post by helengarner »

A few snaps...
FB_IMG_1514033861640.jpg
FB_IMG_1514033859177.jpg
FB_IMG_1514033853399.jpg
FB_IMG_1514033849573.jpg
FB_IMG_1514033846311.jpg
helengarner

Re: Troy Greyhound DofB ?2013 Kingston Xmas Foster

Post by helengarner »

Originally I'd planned to do a post a day over Troy's time with us, but to be honest I've been rather busy falling head over heels in love with him.
Troy has not put a foot wrong the whole time he has been with us, and we love being around him. He is very affectionate, elegant, athletic when out on his walks and a lazy bum when indoors. He is just divine.
On Christmas Eve Troy travelled back to the homeland (Essex) with me and stayed with my family. I anticipated that the business of Christmas might be a struggle for him but he took it all in his stride. He met all of the family well and was a perfect gentleman at all times. They all fell in love with him in his little burgundy jumper I bought for him. He got lots and lots of presents which he thoroughly enjoyed opening, and now takes his favourote cuddly duck and pig with him wherever he goes.
Troy doesnt mind being left alone for a few hours. We have had the spy camera on him if we go out. Without fail he circles round a couple of times before passing out on the sofa for hours. The time between Christmas and NY has been spent relaxing and going on long wonderful walks in Richmond Park which Troy loves and make me very happy in turn. He doesnt deserve to go back to kennels next week. He is am absolute blessing of a boy and will make a family very happy.
FB_IMG_1514634285276.jpg
FB_IMG_1514634288043.jpg
FB_IMG_1514634290477.jpg
FB_IMG_1514634297081.jpg
FB_IMG_1514634293078.jpg
FB_IMG_1514634300622.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Troy Greyhound DofB ?2013 Kingston sleepover

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Troy xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”