Gwilym Sprollie DOB 2009 Betchworth Surrey

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Gwilym Sprollie DOB 2009 Betchworth Surrey

Postby Rescue Remedies » Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Aug 23, 2010 10:28 am
Current Status: Homed

Gwilym77.jpg

Gwilym's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Welsh council pound in Aug 2010: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Gwilym is neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Gwilym was in foster with another dog in New Romney

Summary of homing requirements: Gwilym came to us 6 years ago and went straight into foster with a terrier. Gwilym was homed and lived adjacent to/ with another Collie. Sadly Princess the Collie, who was also a Rescue Remedies dog died of old age, several years ago. Since then Gwilym and his family have moved and Gwilym has been a bit 'groucho' with some dogs outside if he felt blustered. Gwilym would also run to the front door and his owner managed him by pulling his collar, despite advice to control access to the door: 50:50 as Gwilym is quite assertive and he does message well. Gwilym needs a family who respects and helps him to relax and defer to his owners. Gwilym loves treats and could be easily treat trained!

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months when they are sure of their dogs instincts & skills, so as not to place dog's lives at risk (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Gwilym's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.
Gwilym84.jpg
Gwilym89.jpg
Gwilym99.jpg

Gwilym's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Aug 2010: Gwilym is in a Welsh pound: We are getting him neutered this week and he comes to us on Friday. He is a Sprollie Spaniel x Collie judged to be 1 year old ( DofB 2009).

Rescue Remedies

Re: Gwilym Sprollie DOB Kent

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 by xxlynne

Gwilym has a foster offer with Alice Fox Terrier and her owners Rachel and Paul. Trying to arrange neutering tomorrow and travel Wednesday.
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 by Mozartsgirl

Just got home with Gwilym, all well....some first impressions: he travels really well..no noise or problems at all, just the banging of his tail against the crate when you talk to him (bless!) We stopped off for a good long walk at Alice's & my usual place on the way home for a break. Met a cockerpoo & a shitzu...he is calm & sweet on meeting new dogs & their owners, only too pleased to be stroked by strangers. We all enjoyed the walk...except when he and Alice decided to play 'Tag' and I had to try & keep up on the end of the lead! He is submissive to Alice which, being a bossy fox terrier, is the way she likes it, She's snapped at him a couple of times to put him in his place, but Gwilym just ignores her or turns tail. He loves to roll on his back and lean against your legs when you stroke him. Very early days, but everything points to a lovely, calm & sweet-natured dog. Great as our first foster boy!! We'll keep you posted...xox :D
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:38 pm

Posted: 26 Aug 2010 by xxlynne

"Cheerio Simon Foster Dad, thank you for everything you and 4Paws Rescue did for me (including the snip!) Gwilym

Hello Rachel Foster Mum so grateful for you taking a little Welsh boy in

Hi Alice sweet Alice

No brother and sister honest Alice, you do smell sweet..
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:39 pm

Posted: 27 Aug 2010 by MozartsGirl

:D :D :D All good here with the lovely welsh boy! First night went swimmingly - he settled well downstairs with Alice (door shut, they were in the living room & kitchen w no access to us upstairs) Not a peep from either all night. I left them alone yesterday evening for an hour while I popped to the supermarket, no problems at all with being left and certainly not destructive in any way. Gwilym was pleased to meet Paul too, met this new 'stranger' calmly & nicely.In common, I think, with a lot of rescue dogs, Gwilym has bonded very quickly with me & is very pleased to see me when I return to the room. This is just jumping up. I just give him no attention when he does this and he soon stops. He definitely enjoys sharing the home with another dog (even if she's a terrible nag & shouts at him often!!) and the presence of a companion would be great for him I think. He's apparently good with cats, although we have no other pets so can't test this. He is very sweet natured & laid back - haven't heard him bark yet! Off for a walk now. Still raining...
mod2

Re: Gwilym Sprollie DOB Bournemouth

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Posted: 27 Aug 2010 by Jilly Allen

How lovely to know he has settled so quickly. I think it helps so much when there is another dog around. Lovely photos.
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Posted: 27 Aug 2010 by MozartsGirl

Just to let you know, I've posted all about him on my blog...included some of the photos and a link back to RR in case any of my followers like the look of him...extra advertising can't hurt! It's at www.mozartsgirl.blogspot.com if you want to look! He's sitting quietly with Alice while I get on with my baking...had a wonderful playing session this morning, rough & tumbling through the house! Loves his little friend! x
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Posted: 28 Aug 2010 by MozartsGirl

Just back from a 3 mile walk across hills & woods with Paul, Alice & Gwilym. What a lovely dog he is - attracts attention wherever he goes because he's so handsome! I'll [post some pictures when I can, unfortunately our computer upstairs is on the blink, and it's the one we download from! Rolling Eyes He is really wonderful at night, no noise at all and no problems being left either - no destructive behaviour and certainly no barking. He has been great with all the strange dogs we've met, including a tiny spaniel puppy today (Miley, aahhh) and their owners. He's as good with Paul as he is with me. Great on the lead, seems to know a few commands and we think he'd be very trainable with the collie/spaniel mix and would enjoy the challenge. We're reminding him of the sit command (with the aid of some treats!) and he know's 'Stay', 'Paw' and 'Wait'. Loves to play...Alice is a bit of an old grump where that's comcerned, sadly, he'd love a dog (or human) to have a tumble with. No food aggression either and, while he enjoys his food, he's not a greedy dog. We've been giving him a bit of breakfast as he's a wee bit skinny, but he just eats what he wants & walks away. He'll be meeting my 2 year old (dog savvy) nephew on Monday, but I have the feeling there won't be any problems. We'd both agree that he'd make a wonderful family dog, enjoying joining in with all that has to offer, but not disrupting things too much. I love spotting the spaniel in him - he makes a beeline for water of any kind and loves to hold a stick or ball in his mouth, although not really interested when the ball is thrown...

A wonderful boy, we hope he's not with us long for his sake not ours!!
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:41 pm

Posted: 30 Aug 2010 by MozartsGirl

We just got back from a birthday lunch at my parents. We just took Gwilym & left Alice as she wasn't too well this morning. First chance we've had to see him travel on the back seat in a harness as opposed to in a crate. He was a dream, knew he would be somehow! Just curled up and went to sleep. So that's another box ticked!
My 2 year old nephew was there today, as were my Mum & Dad's 3 year old King Charles & 13 year old mongrel (both bitches). He greeted them all calmly and sweetly. Made himself right at home and won all hearts. Ignored William (toddler) who is very used to dogs but is still a noisy, running thing - didn't phase Gwilym one bit. He also lay well away from the lunch table and slept on the floor - even though there was roast chicken around! No begging or overexcitement. This boy is a total joy. If we had room and a less bossy little girl at home, we'd have snapped him up for sure. Now sleeping, back legs 'kippered', head on front paws. Thinking over his busy day, no doubt. Bless his heart
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 by MozartsGirl

Lovely to see darling Gwilym trotting off happily with his new family. Lucky them & lucky him. So happy for all concerned and I have a very good feeling about this sweet dog's future! xx
mod2

Postby mod2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:42 pm

Posted: 18 Sep 2010 by MozartsGirl

I thought that everyone would like to know that I had some lovely news of Gwilym this week in his home. He's settled in beautifully with his new home & family, has been to his first training class :D and is gladdening the heart of Mike, his new owner. So wonderul to know that he's happy and bringing joy to all. I somehow knew as soon as I met him that this would be the case. A wonderful end to Rescue Remedies time with Gwilym and a wonderful new start for him. So happy!!
mod2

Postby MandaTK » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:36 am

He is GORGEOUS x
MandaTK

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed