Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Our remarkable Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing! Find Lurchers, Collies, American Bulldogs, Mastiffs, GSDs, Rotties, Shar Peis, Boxers, Akitas, Huskies, Malamutes and other breeds and crossbreeds here!
SimonF

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 06.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by SimonF » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:55 am

He's doing really well. We use a chain lead to get out of kennels on his harness now but transfer to a long material lead when out. So many dogs show this behaviour in kennels so it's nothing new to us and he really is looking like he's enjoying the praise and freedom of the longer lead albeit only a few feet more than a standard lead.

He is such a cuddle monster when he's out and will stop, push his head into his your leg and have a nose rub love4.gif

Walking on his own or in front of a kennel mate he's a dream. Very active and sniffing everywhere and everything. He's learning that not all dogs like to be shouted at and will sit while they pass but the trademark Shepherd excitement whimper can be heard but is lessening as the days go by.

He would make such a great addition to a family who understand the needs of this breed and can offer the time and training to him.

Did I mention the cuddles love4.gif

SimonF

Post by SimonF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 pm

I've been so busy recently with covering others holidays/sickness at work that I've not had a chance to update this page so HUGE apologies for all of you Shadow fans.

He is doing amazingly well in so many areas and the loving, caring dog that lies beneath the sometimes frightened little boy is shining through. His impulse control, self correcting and response to his walker have improved so much as has his allowing you in to get close to him and form a bond that is so beautiful to be a part of. Can you tell I adore this boy so much.

I promise I will update this page tomorrow (I know...what a tease) with a write up, photos and videos as I have a very rare night off.

Shadow fans standby........... woo.gif]

SimonF

Post by SimonF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Shadow has come along so much and is showing us the caring, loving, playful dog we knew he was and was just waiting to trust us to let himself go.

He walks so well and follows instruction to walk close past any distraction you could imagine as he is totally focussed. He can still be bouncy around other dogs but this is without malice as he is desperate to meet them but is all over the place with his skills. I have introduced him to a few seasoned dogs through the kennel gate and he is waggy tailed, play bowing and spinning. He just needs time and a managed approach to show him the way and he will be fine.

The vid below shows him having some cuddles on the green behind the kennels. It shows his caring and fun side that he is now allowing us to see. He is such an amazing boy that needs his humans to continue this as he will flourish rapidly. We only get a short time with him and we are seeing this. Imagine if he was at home and having this interaction for many more hours woo.gif]

I will write a better update when I'm on a laptop that doesn't lose connection every 3 mins and lose all of the info I've added smiley-sad010.gif

Please excuse the wind noise but you get the drift of what I'm saying thumbs.gif

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

SimonF

Post by SimonF » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Here's Shadow out on the back field on a 40ft long line.

He's not really listening to me at first as it's all new to him and he's just so happy to have the freedom and who could blame him.

He is such a fun dog who is wanting his forever home so much and is working so hard to be able to achieve this. Every walk is mixed with fun, cuddles, instruction, tasks, more cuddles, more instruction and more fun. He learns so easily and remembers so well. He is an absolute star.

Please have a look at the homing questionnaire if you feel that you could offer this stunning fellow a home to call his own.

Loves ya Shads love4.gif

xxlynne

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Shadow has come back to Gatwick to meet old friends. He is chilling out in the sunshine if that makes sense!
ShadowJun.JPG

...Here he is with Ros

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Shadow is loving his paddock time woo.gif]
DSC05061.JPG
Shadow is so so soooo handsome xxx
DSC05065.JPG
DSC05063.JPG
DSC05066 - Copy.JPG
DSC05066.JPG
DSC05062.JPG
DSC05058.JPG
DSC05059.JPG
DSC05053.JPG
DSC05054.JPG
DSC05055.JPG
DSC05056.JPG
DSC05057.JPG
Loved spending time with this boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 pm

After his run in the paddock this afternoon Shadow enjoyed a quiet walk in the woods thumbs.gif
P1110453 (409x640).jpg
Lovely boy love4.gif

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:59 pm

A few pics from Shadow's adventures this week...
P1110513 (640x480).jpg
P1110475 (640x536).jpg
P1110516 (640x533).jpg
He's settling in & chilling out thumbs.gif

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:24 pm

I walked Shadow again today. He gets so excited when he sees a walker coming to let him out and is very pleased to see you! We started in the paddock and then did the woodland walk. Shadow has really settled down in the past month or so and walked so nicely today. Over the ditches, I walked over the bridges and Shadow leapt over but he now waits for you rather than leaping ahead. Shadow is a friendly dog who loves being stroked and has a wonderful coat. Shadow is looking for a patient home who will introduce him to things slowly so that he can continue to improve his skills. Lovely boy love4.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:21 am

Shadow and I enjoyed relaxing in the paddock yesterday :D
P9145960.JPG
P9145961.JPG
P9145962.JPG
thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES OTHER BREEDS”