Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
SimonF

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 06.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by SimonF » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm

I've been so busy recently with covering others holidays/sickness at work that I've not had a chance to update this page so HUGE apologies for all of you Shadow fans.

He is doing amazingly well in so many areas and the loving, caring dog that lies beneath the sometimes frightened little boy is shining through. His impulse control, self correcting and response to his walker have improved so much as has his allowing you in to get close to him and form a bond that is so beautiful to be a part of. Can you tell I adore this boy so much.

I promise I will update this page tomorrow (I know...what a tease) with a write up, photos and videos as I have a very rare night off.

Shadow fans standby........... woo.gif]

SimonF

Post by SimonF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Due to technical issues I've spent 3hrs trying to get this to work so this one is short and sweet.

Shadow has come along so much and is showing us the caring, loving, playful dog we knew he was and was just waiting to trust us to let himself go.

He walks so well and follows instruction to walk close past any distraction you could imagine as he is totally focussed. He can still be bouncy around other dogs but this is without malice as he is desperate to meet them but is all over the place with his skills. I have introduced him to a few seasoned dogs through the kennel gate and he is waggy tailed, play bowing and spinning. He just needs time and a managed approach to show him the way and he will be fine.

The vid below shows him having some cuddles on the green behind the kennels. It shows his caring and fun side that he is now allowing us to see. He is such an amazing boy that needs his humans to continue this as he will flourish rapidly. We only get a short time with him and we are seeing this. Imagine if he was at home and having this interaction for many more hours woo.gif]

I will write a better update when I'm on a laptop that doesn't lose connection every 3 mins and lose all of the info I've added smiley-sad010.gif

Please excuse the wind noise but you get the drift of what I'm saying thumbs.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIyB7LiIlU&t=223s

gsdlover

Post by gsdlover » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:27 am

Oh my goodness, he is just lovely❤️

My mum rehomed Jetson (now Nero) just over a year ago from RR who is a Belgian x Dutch Shepherd. They are the most wonderful dogs...highly intelligent and need a lot of mental & physical stimulation but so rewarding if the time is put into them.

Really hope Shadow finds himself his home soon...sounds like the time you're putting into him is paying off x

SimonF

Post by SimonF » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Here's Shadow out on the back field on a 40ft long line.

He's not really listening to me at first as it's all new to him and he's just so happy to have the freedom and who could blame him.

He is such a fun dog who is wanting his forever home so much and is working so hard to be able to achieve this. Every walk is mixed with fun, cuddles, instruction, tasks, more cuddles, more instruction and more fun. He learns so easily and remembers so well. He is an absolute star.

Please have a look at the homing questionnaire if you feel that you could offer this stunning fellow a home to call his own.

Loves ya Shads love4.gif

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

DHarnett

Post by DHarnett » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi,

Can you please tell me if Shadow has been introduced to Cats and if so how he gets on with them?

thank you
Debbie

Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm

:welcome.gif: We have not cat tested Shadow. Please visit this link for our cat tested dogs: http://www.rescueremediesdogrescue.co.u ... .php?f=177

If you are interested in homing Shadow, please fill in our Homing Questionnaire: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
:thanks.gif:

xxlynne

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Shadow has come back to Gatwick to meet old friends. He is chilling out in the sunshine if that makes sense!
ShadowJun.JPG

...Here he is with Ros

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

MrsP

Post by MrsP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:00 pm

Oh that's better boyo! Just needed a bit more space! thumbs.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Shadow is loving his paddock time woo.gif]
DSC05061.JPG
Shadow is so so soooo handsome xxx
DSC05065.JPG
DSC05063.JPG
DSC05066 - Copy.JPG
DSC05066.JPG
DSC05062.JPG
DSC05058.JPG
DSC05059.JPG
DSC05053.JPG
DSC05054.JPG
DSC05055.JPG
DSC05056.JPG
DSC05057.JPG
Loved spending time with this boy xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Charlie

Post by Charlie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:41 pm

After his run in the paddock this afternoon Shadow enjoyed a quiet walk in the woods thumbs.gif
P1110453 (409x640).jpg
Lovely boy love4.gif

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”