Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
LindaS

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by LindaS »

I was introduced to Chelsey on Saturday and after a sniff and a lick, we went for a walk in the melting snow. She loves to sniff and she LOVES the water what ever the temperature .... she obviously wanted to get the edge of the river for paws in and drink, this was all fine and she was sensitive to me being attached as it was a bit slippery in parts.

Chelsey is very soft sensitive girl and she came in close if unsure about something, all of which made me feel very privileged to have her trust.
GailW

Post by GailW »

Chelsey1.jpg
Chelsey is a beautiful girl; nervous of people at first meeting but after a sniff or two will relax and feel more at ease. I took her for her second outing today and I got the most amazing greeting - full on cuddles, and she even brought her toy over to me for a bit of play. I gave Chelsey a canicross run & she loved it. We stopped for breaks (& a quick selfie or two!) and she had a nice wade in the lake. She loves the water so I let her spend a bit of time just enjoying it. Chelsey is an amazing girl who needs an experienced and loving home. Who can resist that gorgeous face??? :-)
chelsey2.jpg
Chelsey3.jpg
Chelsey4.jpg
GailW

Post by GailW »

chelsey.1.jpg
I've had the privilege to get to know this beautiful girl over the past few weeks. She's stunning, affectionate and full of character. I took these photos last weekend on one of our runs/walks. I'd love to see her go to a good home soon! She's a great girl and so sweet and loyal once she gets to know you.
chelsey.2.jpg
chelsey.3.jpg
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Who wins the prize for the bestest ears in the whole wide world? Chelsey of course!
D1FD65E7-4A76-4E3E-969E-BF7EDBBC941A.jpeg
GailW

Post by GailW »

chelseyaug1.jpg
I know you're not meant to have favourites.....BUT Chelsey is my walking companion most weekends & we've built a great bond. When I first ever met her she gave me a few barks but as soon as she had a sniff and let me lead her out of the kennels she was completely trusting of me, and that trust has continued to grow over the past few months. She can't half pull when she puts her mind to it, and yes, she's a strong girl but that's largely because she doesn't get the exercise she really needs due to being in kennels. On our walks (& runs in the cooler weather) all that nervous energy soon dissipates and she really engages with you. It's been one of the most rewarding experiences I've had; to see an initially nervous girl offer so much love and affection once she knows she's safe and loved back. Chelsey does need an experienced owner but whoever has the fortune to be matched with her will get so much back...& more! And who can resist that beautiful face, and those ears?! Love her! :-)
chelseyaug2.jpg
chelseyaug3.jpg
chelseyaug4.jpg
chelseyaug5.jpg
johnfowle

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 New Romney Foster

Post by johnfowle »

Our main priority is to help dogs post surgery, or to take in dogs who have "issues" or could be regarded as geriatrics....so, when Lynne suggested we should take Chelsey to be a companion for Shadow, we were quite undecided. But she has stolen our hearts and the dog walkers, too, by her delightful personality and affectionate nature.

When we arrived at Guildford to pick her up, we were welcomed by her customary bark but, as soon as she came close to us, her tail wagged, she rested her front legs on my chest and she gave the most slubbery of face washes imaginable!! She settled quickly behind the dog guard with only her two pricked ears visible and remained calm and quiet throughout the entire journey down to New Romney. Sylvie took her for a brief walk round the block while I fed the other residents and, on her return, we let her loose in the garden where she enjoyed chasing after a tennis ball, throwing it at out feet to repeat the fun, before chewing it into pieces!!!

Then it was meal time....just half a tin of a good quality food was devoured in super-quick time, and then a bit of cuddletime on her bed. I left her for an hour or so to get to know her surroundings....she was obviously not impressed with the feather filled soft furnishings on the bed and in the dog basket on the floor because, on my return, the entire floor was covered in feathers!!!! Oh dear....what will the proper bed and its coverings be like in the morning????

Chelsey slept with me in the annex until Shadow barked in the bedroom next door....she became aggitated or excited so I decided to put her back in her own room with that bed!!! But, no need to worry...everything normal, and remains so some two days later...all good. She went for her first walk alongside Shadow yesterday morning and, for the first half hour, they barked at each other, but began to calm down and walked well, although not together yet, for the remainer of their hour long exercise.

Every time she goes into the garden she "performs" ….remember, she has been in kennels for the last sixteen or seventeen months, she has not lost her house training and her room has not been soiled even once...good girl!!!

She slept with me again in the annex last night until about 1a.m. when I put her out into the garden....she stayed there for about 20 minutes with me getting colder by the minute at the open door!!! I could hear her chasing up and down the garden, having a great time and, when she did decide to come in. I put her back into her room for the rest of the night.

This morning, she has been out with Shadow again and, by the time they had got back, they were walking closely alongside each other without any reactiomn from either dog....another good girl!!!

Bearing in mind that we are not "puppy people", Chelsey is causing us to rethink our priorities....she is a truly lovely girl and, as I have already said, we love her; the dog walkers think she is both attractive and loving, and the people she meets on her walks are totally smitten by her good looks and charm.

Somebody is missing out on a great dog.
Last edited by johnfowle on Fri 14 Dec 2018 11:50, edited 3 times in total.
bettypinches

Post by bettypinches »

Wow, I met Chelsey yesterday and fell heads over heels in love love4.gif What a gorgeous playful gal. I can totally understand why everyone loves her. She was relaxed and happy and didn't even bark - and when she saw I had tripe I got a good facewash too! thumbs.gif John and Sylvie and the all walkers are doing a fab job with her.

Chelsey's been really good with the walkers - especially when walking on her own, and is being walked on a canni-collar or halti. It tends to be dogs that get her excited (she seems to ignore horses, bikes, traffic etc). Having said that, when she started walking with Shadow she was very excited and is pretty relaxed with him now.

I joined Chelsey and Sue (who was walking her this morning) with my dog Finn (he's pretty bomb-proof when it comes to other dogs). Chelsey was very excited and barked quite a lot to start with - she does respond well to Sue's instructions though. Finn was calm and un-phased and walked ahead of her over the fields - she was pretty calm by the end of the walk (with an occasional excited bark). Half way through the walk we bumped into Shadow and Dawn, so all three dogs were walking together (with lots of space between them to keep as relaxed as possible). The weather was absolutely foul so didn't manage to get decent pics - will keep posting on her progress though and will use every opportunity to see more of her too :D I am totally smitten.
48386565_340514446503528_6991007203586998272_n.jpg
48404885_264607457564513_5743963144250720256_n.jpg
48382838_361548047990590_366716337935876096_n.jpg
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Thank you, Karen (Bettypinches) for these photos and comments on Chelsey's progress....she is, indeed, settling down so well and, every day, her walkers say she is becoming more relaxed. She has had a funny tummy for the last three days but is better today and no mess over night....good girl!!!

We are really pleased we chose Chelsey over a few others which Lynne offered us to be a companion for Shadow, but it will be quite a long time before I will feel confident that they can remain in the same room....Chelsey likes to play and Shadow doesn't understand that just yet.

Gosh, Chelsey will make somebody a super friend....I do hope her forever home comes soon.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey continues to impress us all down here in New Romney....a delightful and loving girl. She is so excited when she sees her harness and halti, but waits patiently when told to "sit" and then it's off, at a good pace, but without excessive pulling. She is such a good girl, enjoys her meals, has a great time in the garden haring up and down at true lurcher speed then rushes through the annex into her bedroom where she jumps up onto her bed waiting for her treats.

She will make some lucky active person a wonderful and affectionate companion.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Chelsey is a really attractive lady and has made such good progress down here. When she first arrived she was quite nervous of meeting her walkers and, only when she realised she was going for a walk, did she sit quietly and allowed her harness and leads to be attached. She does now "sit" and give a "paw", and is obviously very intelligent and willing to learn. On her walks she is excited at meeting new dogs but can be easily distracted and focusses on her walker. She wants to play with every dog she sees, she has a long wagging tail and at no time does she show any aggression.

In the garden she adores chasing up and down and loves playing "fetch" with a ball....actually returning it to be thrown off again. She also takes part in an enthusiastic game of tug when she returns to her bedroom.

She really would make an active family an excellent addition and will repay them with fun and affection.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”