Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 nr Sittingbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chapmania

Re: Boots Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

The paddock was free this morning so Boots enjoyed some time running around, he really moves! We did some agility where Boots proudly ran up the steps, sat on the top step and then waited until I said he could get down. Clever boy Boots.

Boots enjoyed splashing through the puddles as we were out on our walk. As we were heading back to the kennels, we saw 3 horse riders. Boots became very excited. Given half the chance he would have been off chasing them. We went into the woods and Boots soon forgot about the horses. As he was still quite excited he was looking for branches to play with. A few firm no's and leave it and Boots calmed down and walked back to the kennels nicely. thumbs.gif xx
20170917_114257.jpg
20170917_114210.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots loves a run and he zooms around once free in the paddock. He is also very connected though and spending time with him and teaching him new things is so rewarding for both of us. Boots loves to play and interact with you and delights in using his brain and learning new skills. He is fascinated by shadows and will sit and watch them moving with that cute head tilt he does.
DSCF9811.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9814.jpgboots.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots walked out with Buster this morning and I can safely say they are now great friends. There was an initial bouncy meeting but after that both boys were happy and relaxed together. As you can see from the photos they got closer and more comfortable as the walk progressed. They were happy to be together with subtle and relaxed communication throughout the walk.
puddle surfing
puddle surfing
DSCF9835.jpgbootsbuster.jpg
DSCF9838.jpgbootsbuster.jpg
DSCF9841.jpgbootsbuster.jpg
DSCF9845.jpgbootbuster.jpg
DSCF9847.jpgbootsbuster.jpg
DSCF9852.jpgbootbuster.jpg
DSCF9854.jpgbootsbuster.jpg
cheeky!
cheeky!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Boots oozes potential. It saddens me that he still finds himself waiting for a forever home.

We enjoyed a lovely walk out in the sun this afternoon. Boots was very relaxed and was happy plodding along the extremely muddy paths and through the puddles. We didn't meet anyone out on our walk today but there is never an issue with Boots anyway, he is very friendly. Trying to take photo's today was a bit of a problem as Boots just wanted cuddles and kept giving me kisses. Sausages come in very handy at times! Boots quickly sits down when he realises that treats are on offer 0002.gif] Just love spending time with this special boy love4.gif xx
20170924_135059.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots started his walk with little Diesel this morning but Diesel found his energy and bouncing a bit much so Boots headed off with Louise on a different path. Having taken Diesel back to his kennel after the walk I came out of the kennel block to be greeted by Boots looking very pleased with himself!
DSCF9956.jpgboots.jpg
Boots was happily sitting on top of the table lapping up fuss and attention and was even more pleased to see me for more of the same and treats as well.
concentrating on the treat in my hand!
concentrating on the treat in my hand!
anne

Post by anne »

Boots and I were having lots of fun in the sun this morning, taking full advantage of the large paddock. After a good run around (both of us!) we were sitting on the steps and I got my camera out to take some photos. My camera made a spot of reflective light on the ground and as it moved around Boots was intrigued and began to chase it and try and catch it, very cat like. This kept him busy for a while, his head cocked on one side, concentration on his face and as quick as a flash trying to catch the light with either his paws or his mouth. I have mentioned before that Boots is fascinated by shadows and often watches intently as shadows move on the ground. In honor of this I took some shadow shots of Boots.
DSCF0001.jpgboots.jpg
light chasing
light chasing
DSCF0006.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0007.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0008.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0010.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0011.jpgboots.jpg
our shadow selfie
our shadow selfie
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I enjoyed another great walk with Boots today. He always gets excited when he sees me approaching his kennel and rushes to find a toy to bring to me. Boots can initially be a bit pully at the start of a walk but very quickly calms down and walks nicely. There were a few puddles that Boots liked splashing through. Boots crosses the road like a good boy and is never bothered by the traffic. We didn't meet up with any dogs, cyclists or joggers along the bridle path today so we had a nice leisurely stroll in peace. thumbs.gif As we walked back through the woods we saw Poppy and Bruce, 2 kennels dogs out being walked, who Boots totally ignored. He likes to be on the look out for a branch to pick up and that is far more important 0002.gif] xx

20171008_145751.jpg
20171008_145804.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I couldn't resist saying hi to Boots as he came back from his walk with Anne on Friday :D
IMG_8025.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I enjoyed another walk with Boots today. As soon as Boots saw me he ran and got his bone. He has a little run round his kennel all excited but then calms for you to be able to get him ready. Boots is progressing really well. Today we didn't meet any other dogs out on our walk. We did however meet 2 quad bikes coming towards us as we were walking up the bridle path. Boots took no notice of them at all even though they were very noisy. They pulled over to let us pass. In doing so one rider remarked what a smashing boy Boots was. He is rather handsome love4.gif We walked back through the woods and Boots avoided all temptation to pick up a branch thumbs.gif xx
20171022_152828.jpg
20171022_152922.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots and I headed for the large paddock first this morning. Boots did some zoomies, chewed on a stick he had found, did some more zoomies, chewed on some grass, stood beautiffuly while I adjusted his harness, did some more zoomies and then we were ready for our walk. Boots is very busy on his walks, listening, observing, sniffing. You have to be quick with a camera to get a photo of him.
DSCF0217.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0219.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF0220.jpgboots.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”