Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 nr Sittingbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
Chapmania

Re: Boots Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

A lovely welcome from Boots this morning. He sat very nicely while I clipped on the leads. We enjoyed some time in the paddock playing ball. Boots loves to be occupied and I agree with Anne that he would be ideally suited to agility or similar.

We then set off for a walk around the village. Boots walks calmly and is responsive to commands. Passing traffic didn't present a problem nor did crossing over the motorway bridge with heavy traffic beneath us. We passed a few people out walking their dogs which Boots just totally ignored. Boots wanted to chase a cat that he saw as he did a magpie who flew down and landed a little in front of us down a footpath. We passed by a gentleman who was out strimming his hedge with no reaction at all. Boots just seems to take everything in his stride. Loveable boy love4.gif xx
20170723_131814.jpg
Boots only has to see sauasages and he sits down straight away! He takes them very gently.
20170723_131842.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots and I met a very friendly staffie on our walk today. Her owner was happy to let Boots greet her dog and Boots was very calm and polite. They had a sniff and then Boots proceeded to lick the staffie's belly which I thought was a bit forward but she didn't seemed to mind at all. In fact they were both reluctant to have to say goodbye and move on. I was very impressed indeed how calm and dog fluent Boots was. He continues to impress me with each walk we share.
marknsal

Post by marknsal »

Boots is adorable. How can anyone resist this lovely boy, he was so good on his walk today.
DSC03407.JPG
anne

Post by anne »

Boots is doing great. Although he had bags of energy this morning he was great on his walk and not one stick/branch was touched throughout his walk. thumbs.gif He does like a good splash about in the muddy puddles though 0002.gif]
DSCF9470.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9471.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9473.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9474.jpgboots.jpg
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Boots is becoming quite the favourite with our kennel walkers and it's easy to see why; he is stunning to look at and has quite the character to match! I leapt at the chance to spend time with him on Saturday and we have a lovely loooooong walk! On entering the kennel, I knew I'd receive a warm and bouncy welcome. Boots was happy to let me put on his leads and set a good pace to exit the kennel block but did not spend time replying to the noises created to see us off!

And what a boy he is! Boots has a lovely smart movement as he sashays along with you, frequently searching out the source of any noises or rustling. He has a keen ear and eye and is fascinated by all around him, pricking up his ears and his shiny bright eyes straining to take it all in. Boots is energetic on the lead, but showed me his intelligence. Each time he made a little dash forward (and he is fairly light so no harm done), I would pause. And Boots would look at me and sit down. We moved on and a little leap brought a pause in me and smartly down sat Boots, looking up expectantly. 'Ah, I get it', he seemed to say, trotting with slack leads, before another exciting rustle came and he cutely leapt again.

Boots will be a quick learner with those wishing to invest in him, as he deserves. He is settling and making friends nicely and while he gets excited over large branches, it makes me laugh to see him leave smaller sticks as not worth his time nor effort!

A real darling, he deserves to be in a loving home so he can show his true personality and calm to find the relaxation he has not been offered in his short life so far.
anne

Post by anne »

Boots is more relaxed on his walks now and it is lovely to watch him exploring his surroundings in a calmer manner. Today we had a long walk. I thought Boots would like to take a walk out through the fields and indeed he thoroughly enjoyed walking a new route and all the new smells that were about. He met some ducks and watched them with fascination. He always enjoys splashing through the muddy puddles and there are plenty about at the moment. Boots seems to take each new thing in his stride, just interested in all that is going on around him. He thrives on being told what a good boy he is, when he immediately does what is asked of him. We have also been sitting quietly at the end of our walk, watching the comings and goings at the kennels as it is good for him to realise he does not need to be busy all the time.
Boots is a young springer spaniel x with a busy mind and a busy body. It seems he has had little guidance or consistency in his life but he is a very quick learner and eager to please. His nature is affectionate and gentle. He is a fantastic dog and the more I get to know him, the more there is to love about him.
fascinated by the ducks
fascinated by the ducks
Boots loves puddles!
Boots loves puddles!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I echo everything that Anne has said about Boots. He really is a joy to walk. Today the pleasure was all mine love4.gif xx

20170813_134620.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Having said in a previous post that Boots takes everything in his stride, we were passed by a horse and rider this morning and well lets just say this was super exciting for Boots. At first he could hear the clip clop of the hooves and he was looking around in every direction than where it was coming from and it was almost next to us before he spotted it. WOW - it took him a while to calm down again after that! A play in the stream was what calmed him down and made him forget about the horse. He had a lovely time running up and down and splashing around. Boots is a joy to be out and about with.
DSCF9542.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9545.jpgboots.jpg
Last edited by anne on Mon 04 Sep 2017 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I enjoyed another great walk with Boots today. Boots was extremely excited to find himself going out for a walk. He was running around his kennel, leaping up and down but as soon as I said no, come here and sit, he did! thumbs.gif I took Boots round the village today. No reaction to passing cars, noisy motorbikes and 'planes coming in to land. We passed a children's play area where Boots stopped and watched the children running around. A gentleman out walking his friendly dog thought that Boots was great and gave him a stroke. We passed a horse and some cows out in a field and Boots had a quick look and then carried on walking. As we were walking through the woods Boots saw a deer ahead of us but took no notice. It really saddens me that a dog as young as Boots should find himself in kennels without a home. He really is a smashing boy and very friendly. All he needs is a bit of training but as Boots is so responsive his new owners should find this relatively easy. The groundwork is in place. Come on forever home. Boots is wasted in kennels! :crossfingers.gif: xx
20170820_115324.jpg
20170820_115431.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I took Boots to the paddock this morning and after bombing around at breakneck speed to get rid of his initial energy he was AMAZING. When he first came to us he was very stressed and this manifested itself in his stick obsession. Today he was calm and connected and enjoyed lots of interaction with me. He is brilliant at chasing and fetching a ball and bringing it back and dropping it. He also demonstrated his potential for agility work showing he could follow instruction jumping up the steps, waiting at the top, jumping down or running through the tunnel underneath. He positively thrives with instruction and interaction so his potential is huge. GO BOOTS!
DSCF9716.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9718.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9719.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9720.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9722.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF9724.jpgboots.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”