Zeus GSDx DofB 20.09.12 Gosport Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Zeus GSDx DofB 20.09.12 Gosport Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Zeus4.JPG
Zeus' Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Zeus is now neutered; is chipped and fully vaccinated. Zeus came into our Rescue on the 20th June 2017 he is full Belguim Shepherd Size

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Zeus' thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Zeus1.JPG
Zeus5.JPG
Zeus3.JPG
Zeus' progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Hi Lynne, Not sure how you are fixed now for a Kennel Space? I spoke to one of the kennel girls yesterday, and she also says he is a very friendly Dog, but has reiterated that he was nervous at the beginning he would wet himself when anyone entered the Kennel, but he doesn’t do that now. Can you let me know as soon as possible if you can take him? xx Regards P, Dog Warden
bizlate

Re: Zeus GSDx DofB 20.09.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by bizlate »

Ohhhh lordy. Those ears love4.gif

You won't be waiting long, big boy!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Zeus love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Met Zeus yesterday, what a boy, absolutely gorgeous and sat like an angel the moment I entered his kennel with a harness and so very patient whilst I adjusted it, super boy love4.gif
DSC06339.JPG
DSC06340.JPG
DSC06343.JPG
DSC06344.JPG
DSC06342.JPG
DSC06341.JPG
He met Kyle (an adopted RR boy who had come back to say hi with his mum) and also Rosie (another RR adopted girl), he was a little bit smitten with Rosie and licked her muzzle love4.gif Sorry I didn't get photos.
Here he is enjoying a walk with Kyle ...
DSC06322.JPG
DSC06323.JPG
Cooling down at the stream ...
DSC06331.JPG
Back at the kennels we enjoyed some paddock time and Mr Handsome posed for the camera love4.gif
DSC06353.JPG
DSC06354.JPG
DSC06356.JPG
DSC06351.JPG
DSC06352.JPG
DSC06350.JPG
DSC06349.JPG
Gorgeous boy who won the hearts of all the walkers love4.gif
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Zeus was most definitely smitten with Rosie! love4.gif
Zeus & Rosie.jpg
Zeus & Rosie2.jpg
Zeus & Rosie3.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I truly felt honoured to meet the very handsome Zeus this morning. I did not find him nervous at all, either in the kennel or while walking. He greeted me respectfully and leant in to me, looking at me with those beautiful eyes. I love a GSD as I used to have one and this boy, although a cross, brought it all back to me. The loyal look, feeling of connection at all times and that feeling of having a regal animal by my side. Zeus walked well on the lead, passed all traffic ok and then back through the woods and into the paddock. He doesn't seem bothered by other dogs being around. I found him very obedient, he will sit, lay down heel etc. I totally loved the way he lay next to me on the grass as if keeping watch over me. Totally smitten with this big guy who has true shepherd qualities no matter what else he is crossed with. He has an air of calmness to him.

He's so handsome, I can't stop looking at him love4.gif
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Wow what can I say ! A very handsome boy with beautiful markings :) he was a little weary at first in his kennel but Cory took it slowly when putting his harness on. He was ever so good ( had my induction Saturday at gatwick) had a lovely walk with Zeus, he was nervous to start with and any noise he would flinch at but he handled the loud road and traffic really well.
He was pulling on the lead but I now know that was because he wanted to catch up with Cora, sarah and Missy in front of us . Once we were leading he was more relaxed and started having a good sniff around . Was good to see him settle into the walk and start to take treats from me . Great boy , anyone who adopts him will be very very lucky indeed! A little bit smitten with Zeus xx
Thanks to Cora and sarah for your time on Saturday . It's a great set up at Gatwick Lynne ... very impressed .
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Zeus is indeed a noble, handsome, steady and really engaged boy. He checks in with you - as if he's looking after you! He had great fun rolling in long grass, having super cuddles and going exploring. He had his nose to the ground and must have picked up the scent of our outward track. He looked back at me, as if to seek approval, and then confidently took us back to the kennels. [0131.gif] Zeus is a wise & beautiful boy, such a great companion. I'd love to do agility or tracking with him.... or just snuggle on a sofa!

A calm, intelligent boy with bags of charm!
A calm, intelligent boy with bags of charm!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Had another walk with Zeus today. Yes, he has it all, handsome and well mannered. You respect him and he will respect you. I sense he wants to let his hair down and have a mad half hour but maybe is too well mannered and unsure of himself yet. He did forget himself a bit when we saw Lynne after our walk. He certainly knows her! He stood on his back legs and at the same height as Lynne, gave her a cuddle haha.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Christinetully

Post by Christinetully »

Handsome polite boy!
Handsome polite boy!
Zeus was a happy but chilled out companion on Monday afternoon. He's got such a presence and watches out for me - waiting politely as I clambered over the barriers on the bridges, and then hopping nimbly over. I would feel safe walking anywhere with Zeus at my side! We met a lady with two black labs - one barked at Zeus who stayed calm. He enjoyed being stroked by the lady (while her two went for a paddle in the stream). Zeus was very alert when we spotted an English Springer spaniel off lead but the owner put it on a lead and both dogs stood calmly while we chatted....Zeus loves to be stroked & admired love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”