Ella Boxer x DofB 2010 Crawley Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
emmalduncan

Re: Ella Boxer x DofB 2010 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by emmalduncan »

I took Ella for a walk for the first time and we had such fun!

She was full of energy, and of course loved playing with her tennis balls. Although she is possessive of them, it was very easy to distract her with another one!
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Ella is beautiful, really enjoyed reading her thread. She's just like Betty in personality x
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Ella needs a tennis ball as a comfort blanket on walks as the world is a very scary place for Ella. Ive only just started seeing how much she wants to be loved after months of being with us
Ella needs a tennis ball as a comfort blanket on walks as the world is a very scary place for Ella. Ive only just started seeing how much she wants to be loved after months of being with us
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

A lovely girl
A lovely girl
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

She looks all big and brave but such a softy inside. Bless her.....she needs a loving family to truely blossom
She looks all big and brave but such a softy inside. Bless her.....she needs a loving family to truely blossom
marknsal

Post by marknsal »

Well first time back in Brox for a while and out with Ella, a dog with a good heart still getting her paws under her in kennels. Not much interested in treats so measuring walks by reference to tennis balls destroyed this was a 2 and a half ball walk. After a while she was fine with Bella but she is uncertain/anxious but not aggressive around other dogs just a little more calm and she will be relaxing like a champ.

DSC03498.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Ella Boxer x DofB 2010 Crawley Sussex Xmas Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Ella has gone into a lovely warm and very welcoming family home for the Christmas and New Year period
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

So pleased for Ella, enjoy your foster time girl x
CalamityJane

Post by CalamityJane »

I have the privilege of looking after Ella at the moment, and we're already very impressed with her progress, after just 3 days.

From being totally excited and over the top when she arrived (and she's still like that when you come in the door! Such a lovely welcome love4.gif) she has learned quickly to just slot into family life. She's very bright, and watches everything going on around her.

She's already made one half of the small settee her own, when she's not on her bed. This is excellent for me, for cuddles. thumbs.gif

I have to give great thanks to the lovely volunteer walkers who taught her to sit. She does it beautifully and you wouldn't believe it was a new skill. She also knows "bed", "down" and "no" - although she sometimes chooses to make her own interpretation of those commands -as in, she'll do it and then come straight back to what she was doing before! She also gives her paw when you have a treat in your hand and she's sitting nicely for you, bless her.

After a frantic half hour walk on Saturday when she arrived, and quite a difficult long walk on Sunday, she got better on Monday and more so this morning. Still pulling, but less desperate. Still lunging at other dogs, but I wondered how much of that was insecurity, so we'll have to see. I was out for nearly an hour and a half with her this morning, and most of it was great. She only got through 2 tennis balls! And yesterday she really enjoyed having a rubber ball for the whole hour and a half walk, but started trying to eat it when we got back in the car, so I had to retrieve it.

She did try to jump over me into the front of the car when we passed a dog walking on the pavement, and was growling and fretting, but she's already improved a lot and I'm sure she just needs more time to get used to her new life. As all the volunteer walkers seem to acknowledge, she wasn't happy in kennels in spite of the wonderful care she was getting, and she does want to be in a home environment.

I've got a couple of pics on my phone, so I'll try to upload them
CalamityJane

Post by CalamityJane »

She was desperate to get off the settee, but she stayed for me!
She was desperate to get off the settee, but she stayed for me!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”