Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 - 15.08.19

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Elaine.scott1

Re: Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I had a lovely walk with Glynis, I always let Glynis decide where she wants to walk. Such a beautiful gentle girl, she walked a quite a pace, stopped for a few sniffs then on our way again. Glynis would make a wonderful companion, she so deserves her own sofa angel13.gif]
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Lovely photos! I hate to say I am a bit selfish when it comes to Glynis. I have to walk her on Sundays, but today I gave her lead to Fiona whilst I tagged behind at the start with Maizie! Glynis was in good form, ready to get on her way, but before we set off, she had a bit of paddock time. I love seeing her so independent walking around and when she is ready popping over for a sausage or two! She walked so calmly, a bit slow to start, but it was hot, and she quickened up the pace when Maizie and me went in front. It was lovely looking back at her, tongue hanging out, really enjoying her walk. Loads of sniffs and lots of wees. Glynis is a beautiful girl and I so wish she could find that forever sofa she's waited so long for. Adorable! angel13.gif]
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

So agree Elaine, it's lovely to have her back at Gatwick and I was really pleased to see her! She is looking well and once I had her lead on, we were off on our way with her walking partner Marge. Glynis is always a joy to walk and today the pace was a lot slower and she kept quite close to my side, occasionally stopping off for the odd sniff. We had a good slow stroll through the woods and even though it was raining Glynis didn't care. Once back at her kennel she was quite happy for me to sort out her harness. She took her treats gently but then she always does. I just wish she could find her forever sofa, she so deserves to spend the rest of her days in her own forever home. I hope it comes soon for her xx angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

Everything crossed for gorgeous Glynis. She has been patient but enough is enough and she deserves that forever home now. It was lovely to walk her again - I had missed her lovely calm, gentle presence when she was away from Gatwick kennels. She and I had a great walk today - through the dappled shade of the woods with her always telling me which way we should go. I love the way that, despite everything she has been through, she can still let me know what she would like to do and where she would like to go. Lovely, lovely girl. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I was lucky enough to be asked to walk Glynis on Tuesday. It was the first time I had walked her and I did wonder if she would be prepared to go with me as she is a little shy. She greeted me very calmly if a little tentatively and we exited her room, but she was then not at all sure she wanted to go with this stranger! Coaxing her along with a couple of little biscuits and she relaxed and walked steadily beside me. We had a lovely walk at a gentle pace with Glynis staying close beside me and occasionally pressing against me for reassurance. Within a very few minutes she had stolen my heart. Glynis is not a ‘pretty’ girl, she has had a very hard life and it shows in her world weary little face and slightly ‘battered’ body. She’s not the dog for someone who wants a lot of energetic walks but if you can open up your heart and your home to this little girl and show her the love and care that was so obviously missing at the start of her life I believe it will bring you both great joy. Fingers crossed it is your time soon Glynis xxxxx
Judy

Post by Judy »

I walked Glynis this afternoon, it has been a long while since I took her out. Glynis was very receptive and not nearly as nervous as previously. She wasn't at all bothered going out, we had a gentle wander up the road trying to keep to the shady areas as much as possible. Glynis really is such a lovely quiet gentle girl and is so deserving of finding a home of her own. I really do hope this happens for her very soon. love4.gif
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked the gentle Glynis today, we had a stroll up the lane in the shade, I just let Glynis take me on the walk where she wants to go. Such a sweet heart, she would be happy in a quiet home, let's hope it happens soon angel13.gif]
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked my best girl Glynis today through the shade of the woods. She walks really nicely, almost to heel, until she sees a squirrel and then she really perks up energy wise. Half way through our walk we chanced across Kim and the lovely Pickle and Glynis was very happy to share her walk with them. She is a gentle soul who deserves a home of her own. Please let that come soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

It took some persuading for Glynis to come for a walk in the rain, the treats worked!!. We had a lovely walk and the sun came out as we walked back. She is such a gentle soul and when she gets to know you, is happy to see you. Please consider Glynis for her forever home angel13.gif]
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

Glynis was ready and waiting her walk today! She is such an easy going girl and loves her walks. I took her through the woods where she happily sniffed and wandered. She always takes her treats like a lady and we occasionally stopped along the path for strokes and a sausage. She walked calmly in front of Ruby (pup), who was keen to catch up and meet Glynis, but she wasn't at all interested and just kept on going. It's such a shame that Glynis is still waiting for her ideal home, she'd make a wonderful companion, she isn't a 'needy' girl, food, treats, walks and a cosy place to sleep is all it takes to keep her happy. A gentle girl that just needs her retirement home now. x

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”