Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Glynis Shar Pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Thu May 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Current Status: Available

Glynis58.jpg

Glynis's Story :
Glynis was found dumped and taken to a vet; They called the dog warden and she took her to her vets. She was in a disgusting state with pyometre Usually fatal infection of the womb. She was very thin & her claws are wrapped over 3 times( look carefully below she hasnt got extra claws, but curly claws. It was very difficult for her to walk: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Glynis is now neutered and chipped. She has had her ears cleaned and her claws cut. Glynis has had a dental & her eyes done (Entropion). Fully Vaccinated.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Glynis's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Glynis145.jpg
Glynis49.jpg

Glynis's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 25.05.17: We took Glynis in as an emergency straight into our vets. The dog warden travelled an hour each way. Her vet had told her she had pyometre (Womb lining is full of puss and this is often fatal). We are giving her every chance.
Glynnis1.jpg
Glynnis2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Glynis Shar pei DofB TBAss Our vets

Postby Elliesmum » Fri May 26, 2017 5:04 am

No words, good luck little lady and well done again, Lynne xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby sweetpea » Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 am

Everything crossed here that she recovers from the op and life can start again xxx
sweetpea

Postby Dani » Fri May 26, 2017 9:05 am

Best of luck Glynis ,sending healing thoughts and hugs.xxxx
Dani

Re: Glynis Shar pei DofB ?2010 Gatwick

Postby xxlynne » Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 pm

Oh I cried when I reached our vets and began to hear about little Glynis. Mark & Laura have never seen such a severely neglected dog in all their years.

Today after her blood tests came back fine, apart from ref to her womb infection (Pyometre). Laura spayed her and took all her 'gunck away' Gemma our vet nurse cleaned her ears as best she could they were just full of more gunck and the ear canals have narrowed as a consequence of extreme neglect. Then her claws: Each of her claws had grown around 3 times one having gone into her pad and out the other side. She may need one of her toes amputated at a later date. Her teeth will need to be done at a later date. Vaccinations etc at a later date. Her eyes are entrophian and will need to be done in the future as her eyes are quite deep seated and with gunck.

Her story was that she was found dumped unable to walk with a dark blood coming out of her, not her season. She was taken to one vet who called the dog warden. Linda the dog warden then took her to her vet and they suggested putting her sleep the vet costs would be tremendous. I was called as the dog warden Linda was so upset and knew her council would not afford horrendous vet costs. I spoke with the vet and she had given up and said she didnt think she would make it. I said very firmly but isn't it worth giving her that chance. Linda drove Glynis over Dartford bridge into our vet's care.

Glynis was quietly lying in the vet kennel and walked out now her claws are clipped. Wonderful discussion with Laura. She told me the RSPCA inspector had been that afternoon to see Glynis and they are putting notices up in the area she was dumped in just in case someone spills the beans. They will take to court and prosecute, but no chip; no trace.

Will up load pictures of our little thin lizzie hobbling around the paddock.
Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum She has no back leg muscles they are just wasted to nothing. She is very under weight 14 kilos she should be about 20. Her fur is good all things considered, soft as velvet, no evidence of fleas. Her temperament is really good: gentle and receptive. She wants to drink bowls full of water so we have to restrict her, measure out, else she'll just make herself sick. She had a wee, a pooh and tonight she has had 2 small meals and is in a room in the house where no chance of my over keen dogs aligning on her.
xxlynne

Postby xxlynne » Fri May 26, 2017 11:31 pm

015.JPG
Look carefully bottom left rainbow middle right a deer stands watching over Glynis
022.JPG
020.JPG
016.JPG
xxlynne

Postby Elliesmum » Sat May 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Oh Lynne [cry.gif]
I'm sure she is happier even now than she has ever been. I hope she will be well enough for her future treatments. Good luck Glynis xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Postby sweetpea » Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 pm

She must be feeling so much better .... :goodjob.gif: angel13.gif]
sweetpea

Postby Debbie(tarakisha) » Sat May 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Bless her heart love4.gif looking forward to meeting you Glynis! Huge :thanks.gif: to Lynne, as always, for saving another little soul xx
Debbie(tarakisha)

Postby Precious2003 » Sat May 27, 2017 6:43 pm

:thanks.gif: I am like all of us I am sure in tears reading this and how much this poor girl has put up with. She is an absolute angel I would love to cuddle her and cuddle her I feel so sad for her. Thank you dear Lynne for giving her a much deserved chance. I will offer up prayers tonight for this dear darling girl. Some people need shooting doing this to a lovely girl like Glynis.
Precious2003

Re: Glynis Shar pei DofB ?2010 Crawley W/E foster

Postby xxlynne » Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

NB I intervened at the end as she had been on a drip all day and she was excessively drinking.

This morning she woke and pottered around. She is dripping puss which is the aftermath of pyometre we called out vet to check and they were not surprised and said it would seize over the next few days. Enjoyed her small meals and took her medication easily. She has proven to have a dear dear temperament even when I microchipped her. Glynis won many hearts today.
xxlynne

Postby Chapmania » Sat May 27, 2017 6:46 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Glynis love4.gif Words fail me at the dreadful suffering that you have endured. Absolutely heartless. I sincerely hope that the former owners are found and prosecuted. Huge :thanks.gif: to Lynne who is always there for dogs in need and didn't hesitate in offering her a rescue place. We are all willing you to get better Glynis xx
Chapmania

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS