Spice Lurcher x Staffie DofB ?05.16 London N17

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Spice Lurcher x Staffie DofB ?05.16 London N17

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Spice14.jpg
Spice's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Welsh council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Spice is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Spice is now in foster in Woking with a Boxer friend.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Spice's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Spice49.jpg
Spice86.jpg
Spice12.jpg
Spice89.jpg
Spice's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information: We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 18.03.17: Bit of a long shot but I know Mikey is heading to you tomorrow so thought I'd chance my luck! Emergency boarding are full to bursting, I have over 30 dogs there and that's 10 more than I'm allowed I also have a list of dogs that are overdue to come out if the pound. So thought I'd send you info an a few to see if you have a spare corner.
Spice.jpg
We pushed the boat out and agreed to squeeze in Spice as you may know black lurchers/ greyhounds really struggle to secure Rescue places/ homes

Entry Pictures
Spice38.jpg
Spice2.jpg
Spice1.jpg
Spice4.jpg
Jojokate

Re: Spice Lurcher x Staffie DofB ?05.16 Chessington Kennels

Post by Jojokate »

Welcome little one, can't wait to spend time with you!
Davidoneill

Post by Davidoneill »

He is so handsome! Great photos thank you for rescuing Spice :thanks.gif:
John

Post by John »

Some pics of Spice who was being walked by Frankie. I have a feeling that he wont be hanging around too long!
2017_032315_2818_284.jpg
2017_032315_2843_868.jpg
frankie

Post by frankie »

oh baby Spice is sooooo pretty and friendly. He is a lively fellow. Still a puppy and with some training he will be a super dog. John was walking Olive and she was very good with him, they were practically walking side on our return to kennels. He knows sit but I don't think he has had much training. The horse came from the other side of the field to say hello not sure if Spice has seen a horse before he gave a little bark so the horse walked off. He liked walking with Olive and he cried a lot as she was being taken back to kennels, he was desperate to go with her makes me think he might have lived with another dog. Chessington walkers he tear at your heart strings he is a darling xxxx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Spice love4.gif xx
pits

Re: Spice Lurcher x Staffie DofB ?05.16 Guildford Kennels

Post by pits »

I went for a walk for the first time with Spice earlier. He was easy to walk, and when I walked slower he would also walk slower. He definitely has the typical puppy personality of being curious and interested in everything. We went for a nice quiet walk, and with the exception of a dog he got quite excited around, it was a calm and easy walk. He loved getting some attention, and was very keen on getting some treats. Here's some photos I took:
s5.jpg
s3.jpg
s7.jpg
s6.jpg
s4.jpg
s2.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Who can resist that baby face!
Who can resist that baby face!
Met and walked this cute little guy on Sunday, he was so friendly and welcoming in his kennel and easy to harness. We were going to walk with kennel mate Max but they both got a bit noisy at the start so for the sake of having a peaceful relaxing walk we decided to go our own way! Once on our own Spice really calmed down and walked very nicely, so much better than I was expecting from a young pup who probably hasn`t seen much of life yet. He does know sit for a treat and he didn`t mind the traffic along the main road, a lovely young genuine boy. love4.gif
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

Spice is a very young fellow who greeted me enthusiastically but was very easy to harness and get out from the kennels, not being bothered by the chorus of barking as he left.
He walked with Max and took little notice and wasn’t in the slightest bit bothered by all the walkers and runners (and their dogs) that passed us by. His youthful good looks meant he had a good few admirers en route.
It was a hot day and passing close to the river he lept in, still attached to me of course, and did a few circular laps of “doggy paddle”.
On the final section the treat bag was discovered so I had a few more cuddles than previously and he went back to the kennel as well a he had come out.
He’s a lovely lad, who with a bit of time and training, will make a loving companion for a lucky owner.
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Met this lovely little soul for the first time today and what a beautifully natured lad he is. Walked happily with his kennel mate Lola and they walked very calmly in each others company. Because of the heat (!) we had lots of rests which little Spice really did need as it turns out he doesn't do walkies in warm sunshine. Although he hadn't met me until today he was very trusting and loving towards me. A very special boy who deserves to join a family soon.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”