Marcus Staffie x DofB 2012 Gatwick

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Marcus Staffie x DofB 2012 Gatwick

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Marcus8.jpg
Marcus's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Marcus is neutered; chipped & fully vaccinated. Came in 27th Feb 17. Marcus is in foster mixing with other dogs and learning to enjoy his own company and be left.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Marcus' thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Marcus97.JPG
Marcus01.JPG
Marcus' progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 22.02.17: Lynne I wondered if you can help at all with three dogs I'm trying to place. Skinny Staff cross- neglected boy- again seems very sweet but unknown on dog status.
Marcus5.jpg
Marcus3.jpg
Marcus.jpg
Comes Late Feb
jules

Re: Marcus Staffie x DofB TBAss East London pound comes end

Post by jules »

One, two, three! :welcome.gif: Marcus lots of care coming your way and hopefully a wonderful home soon too . :crossfingers.gif:
xxlynne

Re: Marcus Staffie x DofB TBAss East London pound comes 27th

Post by xxlynne »

Marcus has a lot of health problems at the moment he is under weight; has diarrhoea and has 2x this week needed to be admitted to vet hospital due to a prolapse. I have asked John Fowle if there is anyway we can swap him with Fredds as Marcus really should not be in kennels. John's is meeting me tomorrow and we are doing a swap. Forever grateful John
MrsP

Re: Marcus Staffie x DofB TBAss East London pound comes 27th

Post by MrsP »

John you are a wonderful man. Thank you Fredds xxx
Chapmania

Re: Marcus Staffie x DofB 2012 Our Vets

Post by Chapmania »

Bless his little heart love4.gif Huge :thanks.gif: to John and Sylvie. I am sure that Marcus will greatly benefit from lots of TLC. xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Thank you to all concerned, looking after Marcus :goodjob.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Marcus was given a general check up yesterday by Laura before joining us in New Romney. She found a couple of problems which gave her cause for concern and she decided to put Marcus on a drip overnight and sent off a blood sample for investigation so she can treat him appropriately.

He doesn't appear to be so underweight as we were led to believe and is a very friendly and "waggy" little boy.

We look forward to taking him in just as soon as Laura feels he is fit enough.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Marcus has arrived down here in New Romney....kindly transported from the vets by Lorraine and Frank....and Rhona, their lovely RR Staffie.

Marcus has investigated the garden, eaten a very small supper (perhaps another one later this evening) and settled down into his bedroom....he prefers the bed to the basket!!!! As I mentioned before, he seems to be a very friendly little lad and enjoys human company, cuddling up close to you.

He has a bucketful of medications....we've got so many "patients" here, I just hope we give each one the proper pills and potions!

A lovely boy!
Last edited by johnfowle on Tue 28 Feb 2017 20:07, edited 1 time in total.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you John and sylvia ...you truly are angels :thanks.gif: thumbs.gif love4.gif
Last edited by sweetpea on Tue 28 Feb 2017 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
sealane

Post by sealane »

Took sweet Marcus to John's from vets and he slept in crate with Rhona keeping watch over my shoulder in front seat . He is now safe with lovely John and Sylvia . X :goodjob.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”