Betty Boxer x DofB 01.13 Rochester Kent

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Betty Boxer x DofB 01.13 Rochester Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Betty88.JPG
Betty's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Betty is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Betty was very scared and needed support meeting people initially has has obviously been through an ordeal her chip lead us to a families facebook page where there was evidence of very young children and a Rottweiler...any mention of Betty was no longer evident. Her behaviour is self protective but she is gaining confidence day by day. Was in temp foster in Hindhead as an only dog

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Betty's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Betty92.JPG
Betty05.jpg
Betty's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Adam has asked us to prep Betty for her home and find her forever family
Betty5.jpg
Betty1.jpg
Betty2.jpg
Betty3.jpg
Betty4.jpg
Betty comes as soon as we have a place.
Sarahk

Re: Betty Boxer x DofB 01.13 Chessington Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

I met beautiful Betty today, still a little worried but friendly too, she seems to be starting to find her feet which is lovely to see but she does still have that furrowed brow and big wide eyes :D
DSC03588.JPG
DSC03589.JPG
DSC03591.JPG
DSC03592.JPG
DSC03591 - Copy.JPG
Look forward to seeing Betty blossom some more as she settles and feels the love of rescue remedies bighug.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Betty came into our Rescue on Saturday. She travelled as my front passenger and was very soon leaning into me for love. She responds very positively to praise.

We got to the park and she had a long walk. We didn't meet any dogs which i was rather pleased about as she just needed to relax and enjoy.
Betty02.jpg
Betty06.jpg
Betty07.jpg
Betty03.jpg
Betty08.jpg
Betty09.jpg
Betty010.jpg
Betty011.jpg
You will see betty in the raw...We used the session to allow Betty to let her hair down and I observed how far she would go with her play. Conclusion she has so much puppy in her that is begging for expression. BTW she didn't damage the lead

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Betty spent the day with me yesterday having her 1st vaccination and health check all is well. We then went for a photo-shoot with SarahK.

A lovely day and we were soon pooterling along of to cat country. Betty was the first to meet the chickens & Harvey who is such an obliging friend of our Rescue

Questionable cat test there are elements there where an experienced cat and family could get her to settle as after her gaiety she was turning away but defo. not for novice cat or family.

Betty will change and develop very quickly given the right setting. She already has taken giant steps in just the few days she has been in our care.
janec

Post by janec »

I had the pleasure of walking Betty today. She seems to be settling in well at chessington. She came out of her kennel and initially was playing with her leads. She does this in a very gentle way. Once we had untangled ourselves we headed off on a walk around Chessington. She was very well behaved and walked well on her lead. She did stop to greet one man who said how lovely she was. Betty didn't seem to be too interested in the treats I had. Betty seems a lovely lively, friendly gentle girl and I'm sure she will be a great addition to the right home.
HOLLYPOLLY

Post by HOLLYPOLLY »

Had the pleasure of taking Betty out for a walk today. Initially, Betty was a little reluctant to leave the kennel staff, but once out was soon stopping to sniff at everything! She has a playful way of jumping up and her lead got a bit tangled, soon sorted and on our way again. Betty took treats from time to time, but was not overly interested in them. We had a gentle walk, just ambling along, except for when we were heading back to the kennels and Betty was eager to return and got a spurt on! Still a little furrowed brow and worried look, but hopefully this will disappear soon with plenty of TLC! Lovely girl.
LizS

Post by LizS »

I had a lovely walk with Betty on Monday, we've had a couple of nice walks lately. She can be a bit nervous but she is very friendly. She still seems to have a puppy like playfulness about her, she'll jump up at the lead playfully pawing at it as if trying to grab it between her two paws and sometimes bites it but she does it so gently and will stop if you tell her. She's very loving and leans into you when you stroke her. If you call her back she'll do a little play bow and come bounding back to you (most of the time). But generally she does seem very responsive. She's a real sweety! and boy does she like to sniff everything love4.gif
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Took Betty on a lovely hours walk today. . We had fun together after she relaxed into the walk.
She came out of the kennels with one of the girls looking excited and anxious , but with a waggy tail. Walking up the drive she kept stopping and looking back, but with gentle persuasion and reassurance we made it to the top of the drive .
She was very interested in me and my legs, haha , think she could smell my cats .
Really loved spending time with Betty , she's a real diamond.
All she needs is love, reassurance, patience and commitment.
Love this girl, she's very special :smiley-chores002.gif:
MichelleB

Re: Betty Boxer x DofB 01.13 Brentford W/E Foster

Post by MichelleB »

Beautiful Betty, a little unsure of things but such a sweet girl, she just wants some love and reassurance.
Lynne dropped her off and she was a little bit lost when she came in, a few whines at the door and some pacing around. We went for a walk and she was a little reserved meeting my niece but soon settled in to a nice walk and is now back home and cuddled up on the couch next to me.
She is very puppyish in her behaviour, I don't think she has been exposed to much of what life has to offer, she just needs time to gain her confidence.
Wandering around my flat wagging her tail, I can't wait to see her relax more over the weekend.
image.jpg
MichelleB

Re: Betty Boxer x DofB 01.13 Brentford W/E foster

Post by MichelleB »

Well the gorgeous Betty has started to relax and loves nothing more than snoozing! She's been very good indoors, she likes the occasional play with her toys and brings them over to me, I say leave and she releases them so I can throw them for her to chase.

She follows me around like a shadow at the moment but isn't constantly asking for attention, just making sure I'm not going off to leave her I think.

We went for a lovely walk this morning, she does enjoy being out and despite her size, doesn't pull at all.

Richard came home late yesterday evening and when he arrived she was initially a little concerned and barked at him. That didn't last long though, After a very short while she was rubbing her head. On his legs and the next minute up on his lap for cuddles.

She is a gentle soul, she sits and gives her paw when you ask her and takes treats very gently.

She's enjoyed her boiled chicken, has a good appetite but not greedy for food, she won't try and approach you when you are eating your dinner.

All in all a lovely, gentle dog, who just needs to know everyone loves her. Initially she is concerned meeting new people but is very quick to befriend, just needs gentle introductions.

Although she's a little puppyish in her demeanour, she is very low maintenance indoors, happy to loll around and enjoy your company.

In my opinion she's ready to meet her special family and will be a very loyal, loving part of it!
Making friends with richard...
Making friends with richard...
image.jpg
Playing with her toys when we returned from our walk
Playing with her toys when we returned from our walk
Now fallen asleep on the couch
Now fallen asleep on the couch

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”