Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 - 27th October 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 - 27th October 22

Post by xxlynne »

Olive92.JPG
28th Oct 22: hi Lynne,

I hope you're well. I'm very sorry to say Olive passed on yesterday. She was a lovely girl and I feel lucky to have had her for five years.

Many thanks, David
Olive.jpg

Olive's Thread Below:
Current Status: Homed
Olive's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Olive is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Olive was in boarding kennels near Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Olive's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Olive04.JPG
Olive17.JPG
Olive34.JPG
Olive's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 27.12.17: We have a Mastiff Bitch (approx 3 years old) in our care and wondered if your rescue were able to take her on for us please? If you wanted further info you can text my mob no and I can call you straight back. Many thanks, Rx Dog Warden
Chapmania

Re: Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 Comes Chessington 4th Jan

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Olive :smiley-gen132.gif: xx
Sarahk

Re: Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Charlie and I met Olive today, wow what an impressive and beautiful girl love4.gif
DSC02218.JPG
DSC02224.JPG
DSC02202.JPG
DSC02192.JPG
DSC02191.JPG
DSC02190.JPG
DSC02204.JPG
DSC02205.JPG
DSC02212.JPG
DSC02206.JPG
DSC02203.JPG
DSC02211.JPG
DSC02217.JPG
DSC02225.JPG
DSC02227.JPG
DSC02230.JPG
DSC02231.JPG
DSC02234.JPG
DSC02235.JPG
DSC02236.JPG
Oops, rather a lot of pics, but then she really is rather gorgeous love4.gif

Gentle on the lead and gentle taking treats, enjoyed a lovely relaxed walk with me and my weekend foster girl Sandy SR after the photos thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Beautiful girl ....has a rottie look about her in some of the pics ... 0093.gif love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

loved a run too, no pulling, ran alongside Charlie thumbs.gif
DSC02195.JPG
DSC02196.JPG
DSC02199.JPG
:D
Sarahk

Re: Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 Oxted Post Spay recovery

Post by Sarahk »

Olive has come to stay to recover from her spay - bless her she's still very sleepy !
DSC02723.JPG
DSC02726.JPG
DSC02727.JPG
DSC02728.JPG
DSC02730.JPG
She is such a gorgeous babe, even when she's snoozing ! love4.gif
There are lovely contented little noises coming from her as she rests in the comfy dog bed, she's definitely enjoying relaxing !

We went in the garden as soon as she got home and she duly obliged doing her 'business' ! We've been out once since for her to 'go' again so housetraining seems there thumbs.gif

I had to pop back out to get some dog food (oops, had forgotten we were out !) so Olive came with me, jumped onto the passenger seat and snoozed ! She's too sleepy for dinner still at the moment, she's enjoyed a few beetroot doggie biscuits and some naturediet from my hand but then it was time to snooze some more zzz zzzzz zzzzzzzz !!!

Looking forward to chilling with Olive this weekend :D
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Beautiful girl has joined me on the sofa :D
IMG_4718.JPG
IMG_4719.JPG
love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Wow ! Not long back form a walk with this beauty and I have to say she is amazing, she walks beside you with a slack lead all the time, a big girl but several times I had to check I was infact still holding the lead it was so slack ! woo.gif]
We passed people, cars, other dogs being walked and she was so chilled, I was talking to her a lot to let her know what a good girl she is and I don't think she bored of that at all !!! There was a lovely greyhound on the opposite pavement to us walking towards us, Olive still didn't lengthen the lead, it remained slack the whole time, both dogs just happy in themselves and doing their own thing, it was lovely :D
She did a single bark on two occasions, a lady walking near us slipped on some ice so moved suddenly and that got a single bark of surprise ! And a lady crossing the road towards us got a single woof too, she took everything in her lovely stride :D

Great night, she followed me up the stairs when I told her she could and jumped on the bed when I patted it and encouraged her up. At about 1am she sat up and I think that was her way of telling me she needed the loo ! Downstairs, outside, wee done, she came inside and looked up at me and I could tell she was finally ready for some dinner (which she'd left last night) so I got her bowl out the fridge and she enjoyed a just past midnight snack !!! back to bed, settled down instantly thumbs.gif And we both enjoyed a bit of a lie in this morning :D

This morning after we'd been downstairs for a while I needed to pop upstairs for my jumper before we headed out. I asked her to wait/stay at the bottom of the stairs and it worked !!??!! Not used to that ! Such a good girl Olive thumbs.gif

Loved her breakfast this morning, no problem with me around her bowl and her food and has also enjoyed a dentastix treat too, took it to her doggie bed to eat :D

Very gentle loving girl, definitely enjoying the time to relax and catch up on some quiet zzzz's in the warm on my sofa today love4.gif

Now time for some photos woo.gif]

Enjoying her lie in :D
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG
Sofa snuggler xxx
IMG_4728.JPG
IMG_4729.JPG
IMG_4730.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4733.JPG
Enjoying the garden
IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4736.JPG
Resting on my bed whilst I went for a shower - no worries about my hair dryer as she patiently waited for me to get ready to go for our morning walkies !
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4738.JPG
IMG_4739.JPG
Out on our walk, popped the extended on her and she walked even closer to me than with the lead I was using !
IMG_4740.JPG
Cuppa on the sofa, me not her, Olive just enjoys the fuss n cuddles thumbs.gif
IMG_4741.JPG
She's an absolute beauty, can't believe she will be with us long she will put a huge smile on the lucky family's face that gets to adopt this gentle sweetheart love4.gif hoping your home comes very quickly gorgeous :crossfingers.gif: xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Olive is getting even more gorgeous (if that's possible !!) as she relaxes love4.gif

Brilliant girl all day today, we've had a couple of walkies, been out for a trip in the car, Olive prefers the back seat - then she can look out of both windows :D - I left her home for just over half an hour and all was good on my return plus a very waggy tailed girl to greet me thumbs.gif

Lots of snoozing and she's shown me how very very good she is at giving paw to say please :D

I had to video our walk as she is supreme on the lead thumbs.gif

Love you Olive love4.gif xxx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Me and my mate Olive :smiley-gen132.gif:
DSC02246.JPG
Beautiful and majestic love4.gif
DSC02736.JPG
DSC02737.JPG
We had a little play with Mr Foxy, Olive preferred to wear him as a wig lol.gif
DSC02738.JPG
DSC02741.JPG
then time to rest thumbs.gif
DSC02742.JPG
DSC02744.JPG
DSC02208.JPG
love4.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”