Elsa Lurcher DofB ?2014 Nottingham

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Elsa Lurcher DofB ?2014 Nottingham

Postby xxlynne » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:59 pm

Current Status: Homed

Elsa03.JPG

Elsa's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Elsa is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Elsa was in boarding kennels near Guildford then fostered with 5 other dogs in Hampshire. Elsa was then homed and fostered as an only dog.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained alway on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Elsa's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Elsa49.JPG
Elsa02.jpg
Elsa04.jpg
Elsa01.JPG

Elsa's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 9.11.16: Hi Lynne, Elsa is all ready to go, has had her first Lepto 4 vac today, had a wormer, has some eye drops for a slight case of conjunctivitis in her left eye and been chipped

All the paperwork is with Adam
Background: Elsa seems to be a coursing dog left behind, she was seen by the villagers but would not be caught. It actually took us a week to catch her and five hours on the last day, only getting her by rounding her up into the back of my van. When first in kennels she would try to find a way out, climbing the walls etc but has come on extremely well within a week. BUT I would not trust her if she got loose at all, I think she would bolt and then not be caught again and is still wary of some situations.
Elsa.jpg

Thank you for taking her in, I’m sure once she has found a kind hand and a warm sofa she will thrive. Lx
xxlynne

Re: Elsa Lurcher DofB ?2014 Brentford spay recovery

Postby xxlynne » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Elsa was spayed today and is now relaxing with Michelle and Richard for the weekend
xxlynne

Postby MichelleB » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Elsa is beautiful! She's very timid at the moment and when she arrived her tail was between her legs,,,,,but she's utterly adorable and we've just had a massive cuddle sesh, she is now up on the sofa and her tail is having the occasional wag,,,,,,,, when I dare to stop stroking her tummy she pushes her paw up in the air to remind me she wants more attention, she's a sweetheart and her little personality is Starting to come out and with more attention and care I've no doubt she's going to be a wonderful companion. She has such a gentle nature. Too skinny for my liking at the moment but has a healthy appetite so won't take long to build her up!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
MichelleB

Postby Sarahk » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:38 pm

I met Elsa today, what an utter sweetheart love4.gif
DSC01437.JPG
DSC01449.JPG
DSC01435.JPG
DSC01438.JPG
DSC01446.JPG
DSC01447.JPG
DSC01451.JPG
DSC01453.JPG
DSC01442.JPG

Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby xxlynne » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:37 pm

PS the pink nose is Michelle's lipstick, I couldn't get it off. She has a kissable nose!
xxlynne

Postby MichelleB » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:00 am

Oops, sorry about the lipstick!
I can't help but kiss and cuddle Elsa she is just so gentle, quite nervy about goings on although we walked through the high street tonight with lots of hustle and bustle and she coped really well, everything just seems very new to her. She's no trouble on the lead just a little wary of any sudden noises.

Walked past a little dog and Elsa wanted to stop and play, she did a lovely bow and was wagging her tail, as was the little terrier, then we walked on and saw a jack Russell ahead of us and all of a sudden Elsa picked up her pace, she wanted to catch up with him, appeared all her confidence came out and her tail was up. Makes me think she would like a canine companion perhaps it would settle her more and give her more confidence (although I haven't properly assessed her with other dogs yet).

Tonight she has started to have a little play and it's so lovely to see her relax indoors. I really hope she finds her home soon, she needs to feel loved, and she really deserves to be settled and shown the care and affection she appears to have missed out on, she trusts very easily.

Oh and yes, she is very beautiful and elegant too!
MichelleB

Postby xxlynne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:29 am

Else spent the day with me on the motorways. She was so relaxed and so loving.

At the end of the day I was able to give her off lead space but it was getting dark

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

I took another video where we were playing and she was running around at lurcher speed but it was too dark to record..but I savour the moments
xxlynne

Postby MichelleB » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:52 pm

We've had some lovely walks today and Elsa has really enjoyed being out. We were in the park very early and because it was nice and peaceful I decided to swap leads and put her on the extender, well, when Elsa realised she could stretch her legs she started bouncing up and down, a bit like a spring lamb, she would have loved to really fly but unfortunately I couldn't keep up! It was great to see her enjoying herself, tail wagging, very happy dog!

When we're out elsa gets lots of admiring glances and many people want stop and say hello to her, she is interested in meeting people but can sometimes be a bit "shy" ... As long as you approach slowly she's comfortable, just gets a bit nervy with fast movements towards her and can back off, having said that she has been very good today meeting lots of new people.

She took a particular shine to my mum who stopped off this afternoon for a visit, didn't want her to stop stroking her she nestled in close, laid on her back and put her paws in the air for more attention.

When Elsa arrived on Thursday she wouldn't get up on the couch or bed so would lay on her blankets on the floor,,,,,,not now,,,,,,,you can't get her off the couch (well you can if you want but I like dogs on the sofa with me).

Met lots of dogs in the park and she said hello beautifully to them all, lovely sniffs and nose to nose meetings, she tried to get them all to play with her,bounding around like bambi!

Here's a few pics of her "resting up" today, she really has relaxed indoors now and is no trouble at all, great company, perfect and ready and waiting for her very own sofa to come along - hope it arrives before Christmas! X

image.jpg
Posing on the bed,,,

image.jpg

image.jpg
A Spot of sunbathing

image.jpg
Very relaxed meeting mum

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
MichelleB

Re: Elsa Lurcher DofB ?2014 Guildford Kenns

Postby dymphnae » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:53 pm

It was a treat to take Elsa out for a walk today, what a lovely girl. It took her a few minutes (and a few treats) to come up to me in the kennels but we got her harness on easily and she was happy to be out and about. She was very good around other dogs we met on the walk, curious but no aggression at all and she seemed comfortable with me taking her to one side and 'looking after' her. I got the impression she was not very used to being on a lead, she bounds about a bit when she's excited but soon settles with encouragement. Basil was out with us and she seemed very interested in him, but I got the impression she just wanted to meet and play. We had lovely cuddles back at the kennel. I can't imagine it will be long before someone gives her a loving home, perhaps with other dogs too. I would if I could!
dymphnae

Postby Janice3107 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:15 am

I had the pleasure of taking Elsa out today for the first time. She is such a delight, and no problem to walk. When meeting other dogs she leaps around with excitement (a reminder that she is still pretty young), and obviously wants to be friends with them all! She seems to have a very gentle personality and is a beautiful and elegant dog to look at. I must admit I was totally smitten!! She would make some lucky owner a great companion.
Janice3107

Postby Dani » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:22 pm

PE_20161128194820.jpg

Today I got to walk Elsa today for the first time.She was a little shy to start with and nervous but not any problem harnessing and getting out of her kennel.Once out of kennel we saw Milo the cat sunbathing,she didn't seem to notice him or pay him any interest.We went on a nice long walk.It was lovely seeing her relax and become my friend.The dogs we saw she showed a lovely playfulness towards.Back in kennel car park we had a long chat with dog walkers Angelica and Mark.Elsa was shy at first but once she trusts she began to enjoy the attention.Dogs was passing us and showed no reactions.When Angelica was playing with her ,she did a cute play bow. She really is a lovely dog,I didn't want to take her back .
Dani

Postby MissysAunt » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:26 am

I took Elsa out at the weekend - this little Lurcher has captured my heart! Completely in agreement with what the others have said - Elsa is so gentle and loving; you don't even feel her taking a treat from your hand. Elsa is also a really beautiful dog to look at - so elegant and graceful. She was very calm when being harnessed as I fussed with her snazzy red coat, and didn't react at all as we got out of the kennels, despite some very enthusiastic hellos from all the neighbours.
I wished I could let her off the lead when she spotted a ball thrown in the distance - I'm sure Elsa would love chasing, but there's no way I'd be able to keep up with her lovely long legs!

Please let this lovely snowy princess find her home, she deserves a sofa and a cosy place to call her own. love4.gif
MissysAunt

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed