Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Basildon

Dogs that have found their forever home
Sarahk

Re: Hooch Pooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Hoochy smoooch enjoyed a roll in the grass on Friday and a tummy tickle - in the sunshine after his walk in the shade of the woods xxx
P8035399.JPG
P8035400.JPG
P8035401.JPG
Quite the softie xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of walking Hooch Sunday and again today. Hooch is becoming quite the grown up boy now. He was well behaved on both of his walks. Hooch loves the sights, smells and sounds of the woods. Further afield he continues to investigate the new smells along the way, never pulling. Passing other walkers out with their dogs doesn't phase Hooch in the slightest, he calmly walks by without any fuss. Hooch enjoys having a good roll in the grass. Gorgeous boy love4.gif xx
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

357D4BB8-568F-425A-A7BC-0DDCA7453255.jpeg
Hooch was fab on Friday, we enjoyed a lovely walk with him :D

He’s getting cheeky on his return, the sun was out so Hooch decided sunbathing was better than going back to his kennel ! Real sweetie enjoyed tummy tickles from myself, Charlie and Clare at the kennels - he loved it thumbs.gif
5443AD39-5D79-41A3-9522-18D97AC14C53.jpeg
228BF1C9-C8E4-4459-91C2-ECD3112B18A8.jpeg
A0DFCE5E-D117-472B-ADF6-48F1D8D9F09C.jpeg
April111

Post by April111 »

Started taking Hooch into one of the small paddocks after work to get a run around. He loves interacting with the dog in the other paddock and run drills along the fence.
Often very cheeky to get back in, running away but once caught has a cuddle and goes back in.
At first he’d have moments of over excitement but found squirting alittle water on him from a bottle discourages it and now he rarely does his leapy grabby show, if he does I just show him the water bottle and give him a ‘behave’ look!
He’s such a lovely darling boy, so pleased he’s learning to control his energy and enjoy his time out of kennels.
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Hooch Pooch for the first time with Ros, what a handsome boy, and very friendly. We had a lovely walk, being so young Hooch is very alert to his surroundings, and always on the lookout for wildlife :smiley-dance017.gif: He was not not impressed to be going back to his kennel, thankfully Ros was on hand to take him back. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

We had our usual Sunday walk with Hoochie boy today.

He really is a very good boy on his walks. He LOVES to explore the world with his nose. He sniffs everything and we like to indulge him and stop quite often for him as he gets such pleasure from the smells away from kennels.

He is also very good and relaxed these days when it comes to getting affection and cuddles. He loves to roll over and show his belly ready for rubs. We call it ‘tummy time’.

Today we passed a family with two young boys. The approximately six year old boy asked if he could stroke our dog. We know Hooch well enough these days to know that he can receive some affection without becoming completely over excited or over stimulated like he would have when he arrived with us. Or becoming too ‘curious’ with his mouth.

He did us proud. He calmly accepted the strokes from the boys and then did his usual roll over and declared it was tummy time! So it was then belly rubs too.

We decided to quit while we were ahead and before he got excited, but there was no indication he would. He really is maturing a lot with us.

I should also add (keep forgetting to post) that he was good as gold on our charity walk with all the other kennel dogs out too.

Hooch does get a bit fizzy sometimes and over excited, so he isn’t the perfect article yet, but credit where it’s due:
- He is beautifully calm on walks
- He is bullet proof with other dogs (including those off lead), he isn’t that fussed about them and carries on with his business
- He is good with people and confidently meets strangers and takes affection sensibly.

He really is coming along well. I am super proud of him.
Well done my boy!
D52997A4-E61D-437A-A1AA-E0EC2A09CF33.jpeg
Tummy time!
Tummy time!
1852D4FD-8DCC-4DC8-A700-A9253F82AD72.jpeg
17EEF32C-1316-46AB-AC04-8FDC8091F294.jpeg
April111

Post by April111 »

Today may have been mine and Hooch’s last paddock time after work as the clock change this weekend.
He’s so good now, always wants a cuddle, often stretching to lightly stand stand up against me for a cuddle.
Great to see him get the chance to hooly round before dinner and bed.
Hooch seems to have grown out of his juvenile naughty behaviour and it’s a lovely little gent.
April111

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by April111 »

Took Hooch out for the day today. He really did show how much he’s progressed.
Happy to let me lift him up into the car, happy for good byes from all the Friday walkers and perfect gent in the car, looking out th back window.
Absolutely perfect in Pets at Home and loved a cuddle from one of the staff.
Foot perfect on our two walks in an unknown area, absolutely no sillyness.
I would have happily kept Hooch for the night, but he caught sight of my pet rabbits and wouldn’t settle, he did so well throughout the day and was trying so hard not to get too excited I didn’t want to push out luck, so agreed with Lynne to bring him back for the night, after he’d had an early dinner.
I’ve always loved Hooch and his squishy face, and many people when we were out and about were making love eyes at him.
I’m so pleased with how good Hooch was today, will absolutely take him out again for the day, let’s hope between us all we can get Hooch ready for a home in 2019.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Wow April, what a star Hooch was on your day out. Away from kennels is what he needs. Sorry the sleepover didn't work out, I know you were looking forward to it. No small furries then 0002.gif] but lots of dogs would have that reaction. Thanks for showing Hooch can shine and I hope he's up for Rehoming in the near future.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hooch was lovely and relaxed on his walk today with Christine and I - Hoochy McSmoochy - such a good boy love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”