Hooch Pooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Sarahk

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Hooch has been such a good boy on his walk the last couple of Fridays with Charlie and I thumbs.gif
IMG_6680.JPG
Always loves a good sniff
IMG_6681.JPG
IMG_6682.JPG
And a cuddle
IMG_6683.JPG
He's doing so well thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm

I joined Hooch on his walk today with Ant. Hooch was an absolute superstar. Very calm and walking with a slack lead. Poor Hooch had very little training, if any, when he arrived with us, so a lot of hard work has been put into him by the walkers. I haven't walked with Hooch for a while and I was thrilled to see his excellent progress. :goodjob.gif: There is not a bad bone in this dog's body. He is a real softie. It was a real treat to walk with Hooch. He ignored other dogs, even off-lead ones and was happy passing other people out walking. Hooch was a good boy sitting nicely for sauasges with no snatching. Such a good boy thumbs.gif xx

What a handsome boy.
20170716_120539.jpg
Enjoying tummy rubs.
20170716_120628.jpg
Are you sure there are no sauasges here?
20170716_120636.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Hoochy pooch out and about with Edie the other Friday :D
IMG_6897.JPG
IMG_6898.JPG
And some tummy/chest rubs this week thumbs.gif
IMG_6927.JPG
IMG_6928.JPG
Very good boy thumbs.gif

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm

We had a lovely walk with Hoochy Smooch yesterday.
He really is coming along so well and has matured a great deal in the last six months. He is much more relaxed on walks and far less excited and frantic when we go into his kennel and harness him. His mouthing has diminished a great deal and he has definitely learnt that tummy rubs are far more rewarding and that the humans love to give those.
It's lovely to see him blooming into a calm affectionate little chap. He also meets strangers nicely on walks.
We really enjoy our walks with this little softy. He is addictive to stroke too. A couple of pics, not the best ever....
IMG_1832.jpg
IMG_1833.jpg
If you're happy and you know it stick out your tongue

anne

Post by anne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Hooch was returning from his walk with Lynds this morning and while she was singing his praises and saying how he had calmed down and matured, he decided to demonstrate this in the best way possible by sharing love and tummy rubs with Beth. Hooch has learnt that he gets more attention and fuss if he is calm and gentle. The photos show it all..........
DSCF9475.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9476.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9480.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9481.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9482.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9483.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9486.jpghooch.jpg

Chris86

Post by Chris86 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 pm

Great to see how Hoochy is coming along :cool.gif:

Being Jordon's next door neighbour again I get to see Hooch up close a bit more than I previously did. It's great to see the interaction between the two dog, they have a bit of a bromance 0002.gif] Hooch is always interested in saying hello (and receiving treats!), making sure he's not missing out on any attention when I'm in with Jordon :D He seems to have worked out my little routine - in a row we have Hooch, Jordon and then Missie. I approach Missie's kennel and she presses her back to her door for some nice back scratches and rubs, Jordon then does the same. Hooch has picked up on this and now follows suit icon_redface.gif Such a friendly and strikingly handsome boy!

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:40 pm

I walk Hooch often on a Saturday. He is a darling boy and has really changed in the time he has been at RR. He is a lot more focused on our walks whereas in the past he could get overwhelmed and this could lead to hard mouthing. He really is much more affectionate now and enjoys cuddles and belly rubs on his walks.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Hoochy enjoyed his walkies today :D
PB172848.JPG
mmmm, nice sniffs and lovely grass to munch !
PB172850.JPG
this way said Hooch !!!

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:27 pm

I often walk Hooch on Saturdays but haven't updated his thread (sorry Hooch). He has come on so far and really developed his skills in recent months. He has calmed his excitable energy and is maturing into a wonderful, affectionate and throughly enjoyable companion. Yesterday I didn't have time to walk him as the light was failing but I couldn't resist some cuddle time with him. In the past this would of lead to him getting over excited and start to mouth but now he is more relaxed and enjoys touch and cuddles more. He has the most adorable Shar Pei muzzel that is as soft as velvet. He must get sick of me stroking his muzzle and telling him how gorgeous he is but he never lets on! Hooch has come on so much and is such a softy at heart. Both Cora and I so look forward to seeing Hooch on a Saturday! :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

Here and some photos taken over recent weeks.
h6.jpg
H3.jpg
Hooch's favourite thing in the world is a belly rub!
h4.jpg
Just look at that happy face!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

CoraMc

Post by CoraMc » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Hooch and I had a lovely and relaxed walk yesterday and he enjoyed walking close to Graham and Trixie. Earlier this year, Hooch might have had a few silly mouthy moments, triggered by anything new or exciting or just by waiting around for others. Yesterday he was a delight! We waited for Graham and Trixie to join us, he found a spare glove to play with and was all silly and giddy but this didn't trigger anything other than joy.

We are slowly expanding Hooch's horizons and experiences as he's had a fairly sheltered or barren time. He meets new friends much better and is very very affectionate and calm much more often. A real delight to be with and still one of the handsomest boys on the block!! love4.gif

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Jim walked Hooch for the first time on Sunday and I went along too. Hooch knows Jim and he was very pleased when he went into his kennel to get him ready. It took a little longer than usual as Hooch decided that Jim needed a face wash 0002.gif] Once harnessed up Hooch was ready to go. Hooch has really matured and we only see snippets of his puppy ways now. He has come such a long way and on Sunday Hooch did not put a paw wrong. Hooch walked perfectly for Jim with no pulling. He crossed the road nicely taking no notice of passing traffic. We saw other dogs out and about but Hooch passed by with just a little glance. Hooch likes to watch the squirrels as he seems fascinated by them but he doesn't attempt to chase them at all. He took everything in his stride, just ambled along having a sniff along the way. It is always a pleasure to spend time with Hooch. He is so friendly and loving and just needs the right home to come along who will continue with his training and give him all the love that he deserves. Kennels is no place for a young dog. Hooch has spent enough of his young life in kennels, he needs a forever home. Please let this come along soon :crossfingers.gif: Super, super boy love4.gif xx

Hooch enjoyed sniffing around in Jim's truck but then it was time for more cuddles at the end of his walk.
20171224_103107.jpg
20171224_103112.jpg

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:42 pm

Today was my second walk with Hooch and a good time was had. He walked well and was bright and alert. There was an improvement in his walking manners and he was more attentive to commands. He is also spending more time looking up to handler for commands.
Hooch also heads for the car for treats and fuss. He is really progressing well.
Thank you Hooch for an enjoyable walk.

20180107_111420.jpg
Attachments
20180107_111423.jpg

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”