Hooch Pooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
RosC

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:46 pm

Hooch joined me for a walk today. I haven't walked him before but he greeted me like a long lost friend, very excited but very gentle. He was patient whilst I faffed around with the harness (I should know how to put one on by now lol.gif ).
Hooch loves sniffing around in the undergrowth. Tried to get some photos of this lovely lad but he was too friendly and kept coming towards me so forgive the blur!
IMG_0894.JPG
Beautiful boy love4.gif

RosC

Post by RosC » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:21 pm

I was lucky enough to get another walk with Hooch today. He greeted me like a long lost friend and gave me a nice cuddle whilst I got the harness on. He is my new favourite lol.gif . Hooch is very puppyish and playful but is sweet natured and calms down during his walk. He leaps over the stiles and then turns around and waits for his walker to clamber over. We passed other dogs and a very large horse today and he made no fuss at all. He did try to keep my glove when it fell out of my pocket when I got the treats out when saying goodbye - but Hooch was easily persuaded to swap it for a chicken twist lol.gif
This little lad needs a family with the time to train him and help him to burn off his puppy energy.

RosC

Post by RosC » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:14 pm

I've had 2 more walks with Hooch this weekend and feel that we have made really good friends now. He is a lovely little chap, very alert when out in the woods checking out the squirrels and sniffing amongst the leaves. He likes to have a fuss and we stopped out on our walks a couple of times for a little cuddle. He seems to be settling down a bit and although playful at times has been very calm and well behaved out on our walks. We had a very large dog barking and running along the hedge in it's garden today as we passed by. Hooch was looking over but did not get excited or bark back. Someone will be very lucky to adopt him. bighug.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:47 pm

Hooch enjoyed his walkies with Lynne today :D
IMG_4702.JPG
IMG_4703.JPG
IMG_4704.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Hooch enjoyed his walk today, he just loves sniffing around and investigating where rustling noises are coming from in the woods. I think he would love to go chasing after things - he does that stance with one front leg lifted up when listening lol.gif
He managed to find a little bit of remaining snow on the grass and took big mouthfuls which got him quite excited! He is very playful and mischievous :D

Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Took Hooch out today.
After the initial excitement of getting ready to go out, Hooch settled down.
Still a big puppy!
We met a couple of dogs and people, he was playful as everything seems to be a little adventure.
A very enjoyable walk.
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:16 pm

IMG_0279.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG
IMG_0277.JPG
IMG_0276.JPG
Every now and then you meet a dog who totally steals your heart, who you 'connect' with. There's no reasoning behind it - it just happens......and it happened to me today when I met hooch. He wasn't the easiest boy to get out of kennels - but nothing unmanageable. He took a great liking to Barry's leg but I've got to say it made me howl with laughter. Hooch did try to grab the leads - pure excitement, nothing more. When I bent down to his level - stroked him and talked to him calmly, he responded by walking beautifully. Away from the kennel environment he was a dream. Walked well, pulled a little but kept stopping for a fuss and a cuddle. He has a lovely soft coat, very squidgy! We met a bouncy off lead lurcher - hooch was alert but didn't react in any way. After the initial excitement had worn off, I found hooch to be a total pleasure to walk and a thoroughly loving little boy. I didn't want to put him back - could happily have spent my whole day with him. Xx.

RosC

Post by RosC » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Me and Sarah had a good walk with the lovely Hooch today. He was very good and well behaved today. I think he enjoyed being part of a little group and listening to us talking. He sniffed around and looked for squirrels- he is a very busy dog on his walks but every now and then he turns around to say hello and get a little stroke, he is such a beautiful boy. He is only young and deserves to be in his own home, getting daily walks and cuddles. :smiley-love014.gif: I'm hoping that Sarah took a few pics of our lovely Hooch thumbs.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:06 pm

IMG_0363.JPG
Hooch spent 5 mins saying hello very nicely to his friend.
IMG_0364.JPG
I love you too hooch. Xx
IMG_0366.JPG
Come on, I've new friends to make.
IMG_0367.JPG
Soooooo handsome.
IMG_0368.JPG
Found something interesting....
I had the absolute pleasure of spending the whole day with hooch today. We went to two different parks where I think every dog owner within a 50 mile radius decided to spend the day as well! Hooch wasn't fazed at all by of the off lead dogs - showing only positive reactions, wanting to play, bowing down, pawing a few on the head. He must have met at least 20 off lead dogs nose to nose and not once did he show anything but playfulness - such a good boy. He did pull a little on his lead and doesn't always walk in a straight line - he likes to investigate but forgets I'm at the end of the lead :dog_running-186.gif: There were sooooo many people around today, adults, children, golfers, cyclists, joggers - all hooch wanted to do was say hello to everyone - just a tad too exuberantly. He's only a young dog and definitely needs to learn some manners - he does jump up and grab and needs to learn this is not ok. No malice behind it at all - puppyish behaviour, lack of boundaries, getting too carried away. However, hooch wants to learn and he's smart. Within 5 attempts he had grasped he wasn't getting a treat until all 4 paws were on the floor. He skipped the 'sit' lesson - every time I asked him and pressed gently on his back he laid down.....more than good enough for me thumbs.gif
When we went to the second park, again full of off lead dogs and many other distractions, hooch was perfect. Not once did he try and jump up, he was relaxed, happy, just wanting to mingle with the other dogs. We stopped to get a drink and a ham sandwich for him - he waited patiently barely moving. He didn't want to get in to the car (had to be lifted) but travelled very well - occasionally putting his head in the front to lick my ears (he was seat belted in). Hooch is a very affectionate boy, loves being stroked - he randomly lays on his back wanting his belly rubbed. Loves being told what a good boy he is - you'll get a face wash if you tell him this. We kept very calm and used the same tone of voice with hooch - even when he started being a pickle. This worked well - his silliness lasted seconds and didn't escalate. I cannot fault hooch today - watching him sleep in the back of the car on the way back to kennels was heart warming - he was content, tired, and had made lots of doggy friends. Very, very proud of him today. Xx
IMG_0362.JPG
I know it's raining and we're in the middle of a park but I just fancy having my belly rubbed.....pleeeeease.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Another great walk with hooch this morning. We walked Timmy at the same time. Hooch loved having Timmy along - showing again his excellent dog skills. He is a tad excitable - he just loves having doggie friends, but calms down quickly. He walked brilliantly for an hour with Timmy - relaxed in his company. He did jump on Timmys back, just wanting to play but took timmys 'that's not ok' signal in good grace and never tried it again. Adore this young boy. Xx
IMG_0417.JPG
IMG_0416.JPG

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”