Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Basildon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Today there was a new kid on the block so when Hooch ran over to their kennel end he was not well received, well he was received with flashing teeth. I ran over and wondered if Hooch would deflect on me..he did go towards my shoe but nothing , held my hand but considering the situation, was walking fast to be able to go into the kennel block and close the other dog off, nothing. I walked back into the paddock and was well received. Later I opened the door of the paddock and Hooch gently walked out and into the walkers room. I went into there 10 minutes later keen to see what he was up to...lying on the cold stone floor in the shade. Hint of a treat he slauntered into his kennel
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

We could really tell the difference in Hooch on Friday, seemed much more chilled and we had several fuss moments where I would stroke his head and then we'd walk on, all very calm and rather marvellous thumbs.gif
He enjoyed his walk with Debbie and her recently adopted Rosie love4.gif
IMG_6482.JPG
IMG_6481.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hooch has been such a good boy on his walk the last couple of Fridays with Charlie and I thumbs.gif
Always loves a good sniff
Always loves a good sniff
IMG_6681.JPG
And a cuddle
And a cuddle
IMG_6683.JPG
He's doing so well thumbs.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I joined Hooch on his walk today with Ant. Hooch was an absolute superstar. Very calm and walking with a slack lead. Poor Hooch had very little training, if any, when he arrived with us, so a lot of hard work has been put into him by the walkers. I haven't walked with Hooch for a while and I was thrilled to see his excellent progress. :goodjob.gif: There is not a bad bone in this dog's body. He is a real softie. It was a real treat to walk with Hooch. He ignored other dogs, even off-lead ones and was happy passing other people out walking. Hooch was a good boy sitting nicely for sauasges with no snatching. Such a good boy thumbs.gif xx

What a handsome boy.
20170716_120539.jpg
Enjoying tummy rubs.
20170716_120628.jpg
Are you sure there are no sauasges here?
20170716_120636.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hoochy pooch out and about with Edie the other Friday :D
IMG_6897.JPG
IMG_6898.JPG
And some tummy/chest rubs this week thumbs.gif
IMG_6927.JPG
IMG_6928.JPG
Very good boy thumbs.gif
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

We had a lovely walk with Hoochy Smooch yesterday.
He really is coming along so well and has matured a great deal in the last six months. He is much more relaxed on walks and far less excited and frantic when we go into his kennel and harness him. His mouthing has diminished a great deal and he has definitely learnt that tummy rubs are far more rewarding and that the humans love to give those.
It's lovely to see him blooming into a calm affectionate little chap. He also meets strangers nicely on walks.
We really enjoy our walks with this little softy. He is addictive to stroke too. A couple of pics, not the best ever....
IMG_1832.jpg
If you're happy and you know it stick out your tongue
If you're happy and you know it stick out your tongue
anne

Post by anne »

Hooch was returning from his walk with Lynds this morning and while she was singing his praises and saying how he had calmed down and matured, he decided to demonstrate this in the best way possible by sharing love and tummy rubs with Beth. Hooch has learnt that he gets more attention and fuss if he is calm and gentle. The photos show it all..........
DSCF9475.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9476.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9480.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9481.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9482.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9483.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9486.jpghooch.jpg
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Great to see how Hoochy is coming along :cool.gif:

Being Jordon's next door neighbour again I get to see Hooch up close a bit more than I previously did. It's great to see the interaction between the two dog, they have a bit of a bromance 0002.gif] Hooch is always interested in saying hello (and receiving treats!), making sure he's not missing out on any attention when I'm in with Jordon :D He seems to have worked out my little routine - in a row we have Hooch, Jordon and then Missie. I approach Missie's kennel and she presses her back to her door for some nice back scratches and rubs, Jordon then does the same. Hooch has picked up on this and now follows suit icon_redface.gif Such a friendly and strikingly handsome boy!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I walk Hooch often on a Saturday. He is a darling boy and has really changed in the time he has been at RR. He is a lot more focused on our walks whereas in the past he could get overwhelmed and this could lead to hard mouthing. He really is much more affectionate now and enjoys cuddles and belly rubs on his walks.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hoochy enjoyed his walkies today :D
mmmm, nice sniffs and lovely grass to munch !
mmmm, nice sniffs and lovely grass to munch !
this way said Hooch !!!
this way said Hooch !!!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”