Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Basildon

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Hooch was returning from his walk with Lynds this morning and while she was singing his praises and saying how he had calmed down and matured, he decided to demonstrate this in the best way possible by sharing love and tummy rubs with Beth. Hooch has learnt that he gets more attention and fuss if he is calm and gentle. The photos show it all..........
DSCF9475.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9476.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9480.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9481.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9482.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9483.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF9486.jpghooch.jpg
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

Great to see how Hoochy is coming along :cool.gif:

Being Jordon's next door neighbour again I get to see Hooch up close a bit more than I previously did. It's great to see the interaction between the two dog, they have a bit of a bromance 0002.gif] Hooch is always interested in saying hello (and receiving treats!), making sure he's not missing out on any attention when I'm in with Jordon :D He seems to have worked out my little routine - in a row we have Hooch, Jordon and then Missie. I approach Missie's kennel and she presses her back to her door for some nice back scratches and rubs, Jordon then does the same. Hooch has picked up on this and now follows suit icon_redface.gif Such a friendly and strikingly handsome boy!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I walk Hooch often on a Saturday. He is a darling boy and has really changed in the time he has been at RR. He is a lot more focused on our walks whereas in the past he could get overwhelmed and this could lead to hard mouthing. He really is much more affectionate now and enjoys cuddles and belly rubs on his walks.
h1.jpg
h2.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hoochy enjoyed his walkies today :D
mmmm, nice sniffs and lovely grass to munch !
mmmm, nice sniffs and lovely grass to munch !
this way said Hooch !!!
this way said Hooch !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I often walk Hooch on Saturdays but haven't updated his thread (sorry Hooch). He has come on so far and really developed his skills in recent months. He has calmed his excitable energy and is maturing into a wonderful, affectionate and throughly enjoyable companion. Yesterday I didn't have time to walk him as the light was failing but I couldn't resist some cuddle time with him. In the past this would of lead to him getting over excited and start to mouth but now he is more relaxed and enjoys touch and cuddles more. He has the most adorable Shar Pei muzzel that is as soft as velvet. He must get sick of me stroking his muzzle and telling him how gorgeous he is but he never lets on! Hooch has come on so much and is such a softy at heart. Both Cora and I so look forward to seeing Hooch on a Saturday! :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:

Here and some photos taken over recent weeks.
h6.jpg
Hooch's favourite thing in the world is a belly rub!
Hooch's favourite thing in the world is a belly rub!
Just look at that happy face!
Just look at that happy face!
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

Hooch and I had a lovely and relaxed walk yesterday and he enjoyed walking close to Graham and Trixie. Earlier this year, Hooch might have had a few silly mouthy moments, triggered by anything new or exciting or just by waiting around for others. Yesterday he was a delight! We waited for Graham and Trixie to join us, he found a spare glove to play with and was all silly and giddy but this didn't trigger anything other than joy.

We are slowly expanding Hooch's horizons and experiences as he's had a fairly sheltered or barren time. He meets new friends much better and is very very affectionate and calm much more often. A real delight to be with and still one of the handsomest boys on the block!! love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Jim walked Hooch for the first time on Sunday and I went along too. Hooch knows Jim and he was very pleased when he went into his kennel to get him ready. It took a little longer than usual as Hooch decided that Jim needed a face wash 0002.gif] Once harnessed up Hooch was ready to go. Hooch has really matured and we only see snippets of his puppy ways now. He has come such a long way and on Sunday Hooch did not put a paw wrong. Hooch walked perfectly for Jim with no pulling. He crossed the road nicely taking no notice of passing traffic. We saw other dogs out and about but Hooch passed by with just a little glance. Hooch likes to watch the squirrels as he seems fascinated by them but he doesn't attempt to chase them at all. He took everything in his stride, just ambled along having a sniff along the way. It is always a pleasure to spend time with Hooch. He is so friendly and loving and just needs the right home to come along who will continue with his training and give him all the love that he deserves. Kennels is no place for a young dog. Hooch has spent enough of his young life in kennels, he needs a forever home. Please let this come along soon :crossfingers.gif: Super, super boy love4.gif xx

Hooch enjoyed sniffing around in Jim's truck but then it was time for more cuddles at the end of his walk.
20171224_103107.jpg
20171224_103112.jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Today was my second walk with Hooch and a good time was had. He walked well and was bright and alert. There was an improvement in his walking manners and he was more attentive to commands. He is also spending more time looking up to handler for commands.
Hooch also heads for the car for treats and fuss. He is really progressing well.
Thank you Hooch for an enjoyable walk.

20180107_111420.jpg
Attachments
20180107_111423.jpg
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

As you can see from the photos, Hooch is a very handsome boy and so tends to attract a lot of attention when we're out walking. He loves being in the centre of the action and where everyone is; last Saturday as we returned from our walk, there was a gathering of walkers talking about the plan of action for next walks and in strolls Hooch, calm in the knowledge he's the George Clooney of the kennel and all the ladies (ok, and the men!!) will be providing him with lots of cuddles.

While Hooch's 'moments' can be off putting, for much of the time he is an easy and calm walk. He often has his velvet soft ears pricked up to see what is going on the whole time, yet when he really chills and his ears are relaxed, it's heart meltingly adorable as he can just 'be' and no need to react or respond, just walk and take it all in.

Hooch is a very special boy with a big circle of friends. He is coming a long way and while he can still have bouts of being mouthy and a bit giddy, these are getting fewer and further between as he grows into the very special boy we always knew he is!!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I don't get the chance to walk Hooch very often, but was able to do so today. Helen Y who loves Hooch too decided to join us. Hooch has a very large fan club thumbs.gif We set off with Hooch walking really nicely, enjoying all the sights and smells. As we walked along the main road we had several HGV's thundering by us which unsettled Hooch. He laid down at one point looking very worried. We reassured him and he was quite happy to continue walking. A couple of sausages works wonders! We then had the misfortune to pass a tractor and a road sweeper which again, Hooch didn't like. We were back to a more relaxed Hooch as we walked up the bridle path. He trotted along quite happily, just glancing at the sheep in the field as we walked passed. Always a pleasure to walk Hooch, he is such a friendly and lovable boy. Love him to bits love4.gif xx
20180214_134005.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”