Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Current Status: In Rehab not available for homing yet

Hooch664.jpg

Hooch's Story : Hooch was handed into a Welsh pound as a young lively mouthy boy: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hooch is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Hooch is in boarding kennels nr Gatwick

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained alway on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Hooch's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Hooch80.JPG
Hooch67.jpg
Hooch68.jpg
Hooch65.jpg

Hooch's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 02.09.16: Hooch is a very handsome boy who has come in through no fault of his own. He is having his 1st birthday on 18th of September, so is still only a baby. He is vaccinated and chipped. Hooch enjoyed a good run around in the paddock and a game of chasing the pumba toy! Hooch had a game in the paddock with me again today and actually stopped still long enough to have a tummy rub! 4pawsRescue
Hooch4.jpg
Hooch.jpg
Hooch1.jpg
Hooch2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 South Wales comes 14th

Postby frankie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:21 am

Another young one just a baby and so handsome big hugs for Hooch x x x
frankie

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 South Wales comes 14th

Postby Chapmania » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:57 pm

Only a baby and in rescue blu1.gif hopefully we will get this gorgeous boy a loving home very soon :crossfingers.gif: xx
Chapmania

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Broxbourne Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Hooch is so lovely, lively and all legs, ready to rush over and surrender himself into big cuddles. Reluctant to jump into the travel crate so we had to entice and lift him up into it. You can see he is trying to make sense of being in Prison/ Rescue Kennels: Not for long lovely boy.
xxlynne

Postby bizlate » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:10 am

Friday night was Hoochy the Poochy night in St Neots, when the new kid on the block came for a sleepover.

Top 5 Things We Learned About Hooch in Less Than 24 Hours:

1. Hooch is very tiny (Shar Pei X Fawn?!), especially versus his current co-Broxbourners Hugo and the Akita clan.

IMG_5332.JPG
Hooch <3

IMG_5340.JPG
Sleepy head trying to stay awake

2. Hooch is very much a puppy dog. At one year old Hooch is totally bewildered by life in rescue, and urgently needs a supportive home with the confidence and experience to guide this little man through the puppyhood he is still undergoing.

IMG_5338.JPG
Gorgeous nosey Parker

IMG_5334.JPG
Prince Hooch was too excited to eat from the bowl, but would accept hand feeding :-D

3. Hooch has some skills he'd like to show you! He travels well in the car (once persuaded to get in!), takes treats ever so gently, sleeps very well alone overnight (better that way, in fact, with no exciting humans to distract him!), and walks on the lead very well for such a young boy (once the initial excitement of being out and about has passed :D). He's also a great sunbather and found the last scrap of autumn sun in our garden by climbing up onto an old chair!

IMG_5341.JPG
A good boy on his walk <3

IMG_5337.JPG
"I did enjoy my chew, which I took so gently!"

4. Hooch has a few things he'd like you to help him with as he matures into a grown up boy... he'd like to learn more about where to have a wee, how to make friends calmly, how to calm down in joyous moments, which things are toys and which aren't, and how to avoid the temptation of drinking out of the fish tank. Ohhhh, Hoochy's future family. Are you in for some fun :D

IMG_5339.JPG
Kitchen cuddles to calm a giddy boy

IMG_5336.JPG
Rock a bye baby

5. Hooch is desperate to be friends. He can be inept at expressing this and ranges from a giddy kipper to a soppy mess in quick succession (worth remembering tho that this view point is based on a tiny window of time spent with Hooch!).

IMG_5335.JPG
Making friends

IMG_5330.JPG
Affectionate boy

Bonus point: Hooch is ridiculously cute.

IMG_5333.JPG
That face!

IMG_5331.JPG
Handsome Hooch
bizlate

Postby Joanned » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm

2016_112018_4534_461.jpg
Wow what an adorable sweet little fella. Today it was like it was the first time he had experiencing things. He obviously hasn't had my had much fun outside time bless him
Joanned

Postby Joanned » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am

20161123_073215.jpg
Joanned

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Postby Tim » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:22 pm

I met up with Yves who was lucky enough to walking the very friendly Hooch this morning.

Isn't he a handsome boy...
DSC02664.jpg

DSC02667.jpg

DSC02659.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

Cuddle time with Yves
DSC02673.jpg

very gentle when taking a treat
DSC02675.jpg

DSC02674.jpg

Hooch doesn't miss a thing, I dropped a treat on the floor
DSC02683.jpg

DSC02681.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

Playing peek a boo
DSC02679.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby xxlynne » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:16 am

OMG exquisite pictures of Hooch Tim, have waited for these pictures as have his growing fan club
xxlynne

Postby Yvesboz » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Very nice pictures Tim!..just look at this face!
Hooch is still A big puppy! Our walk yesterday was a succession of new adventures for him. As you can see on the pictures he shows you affection as often as he can and so ever gentle when he takes a treat.
He is a very outgoing boy with a heart of gold!
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Yvesboz

Postby Littlemissy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Took this little lad out today..he is a lot smaller than I imagined him to be.. I had to quickly adjust my harness. He's was so pleased to get out of kennels and settles nicely into his walk, we joined my partner and Ziggy in front ... What a treat hoover he is..think if you let him he'd eat his body weight in them. Hooch is just a baby who is eager to experience all the world has..we met a couple of horse riders whilst out and bless he was quite bemused by them..watching them as they trotted by..and then happy to continue with his walk. Think there will be a long walkers queue for you Hooch xx love4.gif
Littlemissy

Postby anne » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:28 pm

I met the lovely little Hooch this morning. I was greeted with a friendly cuddle and despite being a bit wriggly with excitement it was easy to get his harness on. Initial bouncy excitement as we exited the kennel soon disappeared as Hooch got his nose to the ground and started investigating around him. Hooch is only young and excited about everything but he listened to me and responded really well. His excitement and enthusiasm is very endearing. Hooch enjoys sniffing around and was snouting around among all the fallen leaves and in the undergrowth, every so often finding a 'prize item' showing me with such pride and then carrying it a few paces before going back to sniffing and snuffling.
Hooch will learn and settle with our volunteer walkers and dedicated kennel staff helping him and will be that fabulous family dog someone out there is looking for.
anne

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS