Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Basildon

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Basildon

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Hooch664.jpg
Hooch's Story: Hooch was handed into a Welsh pound in 2016 as a lively, mouthy pup. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hooch is maturing into a lovely dog. Once he is available to rehome, Hooch will need an experienced owner who will help Hooch to avoid over-excitement, and who will work with him to continue to develop his self-control. Hooch is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Hooch was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Hooch80.JPG
Hooch67.jpg
Hooch68.jpg
Hooch65.jpg
Hooch's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
02.09.16: Hooch is a very handsome boy who has come in through no fault of his own. He is having his 1st birthday on 18th of September, so is still only a baby. He is vaccinated and chipped. Hooch enjoyed a good run around in the paddock and a game of chasing the pumba toy! Hooch had a game in the paddock with me again today and actually stopped still long enough to have a tummy rub! 4pawsRescue
Hooch4.jpg
Hooch.jpg
Hooch1.jpg
Hooch2.jpg
bizlate

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by bizlate »

Friday night was Hoochy the Poochy night in St Neots, when the new kid on the block came for a sleepover.

Top 5 Things We Learned About Hooch in Less Than 24 Hours:

1. Hooch is very tiny (Shar Pei X Fawn?!), especially versus his current co-Broxbourners Hugo and the Akita clan.
Hooch <3
Hooch <3
Sleepy head trying to stay awake
Sleepy head trying to stay awake
2. Hooch is very much a puppy dog. At one year old Hooch is totally bewildered by life in rescue, and urgently needs a supportive home with the confidence and experience to guide this little man through the puppyhood he is still undergoing.
Gorgeous nosey Parker
Gorgeous nosey Parker
Prince Hooch was too excited to eat from the bowl, but would accept hand feeding :-D
Prince Hooch was too excited to eat from the bowl, but would accept hand feeding :-D
3. Hooch has some skills he'd like to show you! He travels well in the car (once persuaded to get in!), takes treats ever so gently, sleeps very well alone overnight (better that way, in fact, with no exciting humans to distract him!), and walks on the lead very well for such a young boy (once the initial excitement of being out and about has passed :D). He's also a great sunbather and found the last scrap of autumn sun in our garden by climbing up onto an old chair!
A good boy on his walk &lt;3
A good boy on his walk <3
&quot;I did enjoy my chew, which I took so gently!&quot;
"I did enjoy my chew, which I took so gently!"
4. Hooch has a few things he'd like you to help him with as he matures into a grown up boy... he'd like to learn more about where to have a wee, how to make friends calmly, how to calm down in joyous moments, which things are toys and which aren't, and how to avoid the temptation of drinking out of the fish tank. Ohhhh, Hoochy's future family. Are you in for some fun :D
Kitchen cuddles to calm a giddy boy
Kitchen cuddles to calm a giddy boy
Rock a bye baby
Rock a bye baby
5. Hooch is desperate to be friends. He can be inept at expressing this and ranges from a giddy kipper to a soppy mess in quick succession (worth remembering tho that this view point is based on a tiny window of time spent with Hooch!).
Making friends
Making friends
Affectionate boy
Affectionate boy
Bonus point: Hooch is ridiculously cute.
That face!
That face!
Handsome Hooch
Handsome Hooch
Joanned

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by Joanned »

Wow what an adorable sweet little fella. Today it was like it was the first time he had experiencing things. He obviously hasn't had my had much fun outside time bless him
Wow what an adorable sweet little fella. Today it was like it was the first time he had experiencing things. He obviously hasn't had my had much fun outside time bless him
Tim

Re: Hooch Shar Pei x DofB 18.09.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Tim »

I met up with Yves who was lucky enough to walking the very friendly Hooch this morning.

Isn't he a handsome boy...
DSC02664.jpg
DSC02667.jpg
DSC02659.jpg
DSC02658.jpg

Cuddle time with Yves
DSC02673.jpg
very gentle when taking a treat
DSC02675.jpg
DSC02674.jpg

Hooch doesn't miss a thing, I dropped a treat on the floor
DSC02683.jpg
DSC02681.jpg
DSC02669.jpg
Playing peek a boo
DSC02679.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Littlemissy

Post by Littlemissy »

Took this little lad out today..he is a lot smaller than I imagined him to be.. I had to quickly adjust my harness. He's was so pleased to get out of kennels and settles nicely into his walk, we joined my partner and Ziggy in front ... What a treat hoover he is..think if you let him he'd eat his body weight in them. Hooch is just a baby who is eager to experience all the world has..we met a couple of horse riders whilst out and bless he was quite bemused by them..watching them as they trotted by..and then happy to continue with his walk. Think there will be a long walkers queue for you Hooch xx love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I met the lovely little Hooch this morning. I was greeted with a friendly cuddle and despite being a bit wriggly with excitement it was easy to get his harness on. Initial bouncy excitement as we exited the kennel soon disappeared as Hooch got his nose to the ground and started investigating around him. Hooch is only young and excited about everything but he listened to me and responded really well. His excitement and enthusiasm is very endearing. Hooch enjoys sniffing around and was snouting around among all the fallen leaves and in the undergrowth, every so often finding a 'prize item' showing me with such pride and then carrying it a few paces before going back to sniffing and snuffling.
Hooch will learn and settle with our volunteer walkers and dedicated kennel staff helping him and will be that fabulous family dog someone out there is looking for.
anne

Post by anne »

Another lovely walk with Hooch this morning. We followed Steve(dog) with Louise. Hooch ignored Steve's 'shall we play' dance and showed great dog interactive skills, ignoring Steve whenever he stopped to sniff, and waiting nicely, either sniffing around or focussing on me. Hooch is very affectionate and will worm his way into your affections and your heart rather easily!
(he is difficult to catch with the camera as he is so busy on his walks, never still long enough, but I did manage to get 3 decent shots of him)
DSCF7161.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF7168.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF7169.jpghooch.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I took Hooch out for a longer walk this morning over the lunch hour. He is very keen on his walk, initially just ploughing ahead, not really stopping to look around. However, about half an hour into our walk he started to slow his pace and stop and sniff and investigate and take note of his surroundings. It was so lovely to watch him calm himself and really enjoy snuffling around, picking up smells, taking time to investigate and leave his mark. Hooch is a youngster with energy to burn, which he doesn't get much chance to do while he is in kennels. He needs a family who can give him lots of exercise, long walks and help him improve his manners and communicate in a calm and relaxed manner. He knows the word 'WAIT' and will stand patiently while I clamber over the stiles, but he is still young and impatient in some situations. He walks with, and passes other dogs calmly.
Hooch is a busy boy on his walks and therefore difficult to catch on camera. Not the best photos but here he is waiting for his treat......
DSCF7322.jpghooch.jpg
DSCF7323.jpghooch.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hooch out on our walk today :D
IMG_4425.JPG
IMG_4426.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”