Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 11.1.04 Newick Lewes ESussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 11.1.04 Newick Lewes ESussex

Postby xxlynne » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:43 am

Current Status: Homed

Bubber4.jpg

Bubba needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Bubba was handed into to a pound due to his owner suffering from a terminal illness. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Bubba and his companions lives.Bubba had a course of antibiotics when in the pound for his skin. Bubber was already neutered and chipped, Bubba was thoroughly checked on entry to our Rescue by our vet. He has at some point received burns to both eye surrounds and on his side: This is fully healed and may have been there many years. The burns do not cause him any irritation. Bubber had a dental with removal of one tooth. Bubba has started vaccinations. Bubber is now in boarding kennels sharing with Podge his longterm companion in Godstone

Visit Bubber's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Bubber5.jpg

Bubba's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Hi, I recently spoke to you about the 3 dogs currently being neglected due to the owner having terminal cancer.

I spoke to the Dog Warden and sent her over the attached pictures and brief description of them.

Hopefully she will be picking the dogs up Monday and I will have confirmation of this as soon as she receives my email.

All three dogs are in need of being seen by a vet, especially the mum and the older boy but temperament wise they are all lovely, sweet natured dogs.
Bubba45.jpg

I hope this is all ok? Kind Regards

• Bubba is a 12 Year old Staffie Cross Collie.
• He is Microchipped, Unsure on neutered status and he is unvaccinated.
• He has severely irritated eyes and scarring on his rear end which were apparently caused through an old burn wound.
• He is good with cats, other dogs and children of all ages.
• He is not food aggressive.
• He has a very soft and calm temperament.
xxlynne

Re: Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 11.1.04 East London Pund com

Postby bizlate » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:00 am

Oh Bubba, I'm so sorry, you poor boy.
I have everything crossed for a gentle foster place for you :crossfingers.gif:
bizlate

Postby MandaTK » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:06 pm

Oh my goodness poor Bubba. Hugs and cuddles now on their way from all of us Bubba xxxx bighug.gif
MandaTK

Postby Bertie and Pippa » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Poor little Bubba - so hope he has a lovely foster home coming his way where he can enjoy the rest of his time in comfort and loved, bless him xxx
Bertie and Pippa

Re: Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 1999 East London Pund comes s

Postby nhelyer » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:34 pm

Oh Bubba, you poor, sweet boy. We are all waiting to welcome you with love and cuddles. Fingers crossed we can find you a comfy armchair in front of somebody's fireside very soon. Sending you the BIGGEST (gentle) hugs xxx Kiss of love.gif
nhelyer

Postby Chapmania » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:31 pm

Poor Bubba. Let's hope that we can ease his medical problems to make him feel more comfortable. Fingers crossed that we can find a forever home or foster home ASAP so that he doesn't have to face kennel life. bighug.gif xx
Chapmania

Postby Katharine » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Sending you gentle hugs Bubba. xxxxxxx
Katharine

Re: Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 11.1.04 E London Pound comes

Postby SarahW » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Bubba, what a lovely old gent. I hope you get a foster place so you can recuperate in comfort. Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Re: Bubba Staffie x Collie DOB 11.1.04 Godstone Kennels

Postby xxlynne » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 am

Bubba travelled in the dog mobile today around the M25 to our vets. Bubba is already neutered but needed a dental and claws clipped & was thoroughly examed. His fur needs attention via good quality diet and a bath and care. Bubba loved meeting up with her 2 companions in the dog mobile and shared about 30 minutes together in the paddock. I fed the food left out for Bubba and Podge; they snuggled up in their kennel very happy to be together.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Bubba will be a big hit with all our volunteers as the soft Collie cross her truly is.
xxlynne

Postby jules » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 am

Oh my goodness, in the past Bubba and his solemates obviously had love and care becos of their neutering and chipping. But then this has collapsed. Poor loves. Rescue at its best now as medical and attention to their needs now paramount.
jules

Postby gsdlover » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:15 pm

I walked this gorgeous boy today. I have to be honest, and say I was expecting a sad, withdrawn dog. Quite the opposite, for a dog who is very poor condition, he was happy, bouncy and thoroughly enjoyed his walk with his sister, Podge love4.gif

Please don't be put off by his age, he has plenty of energy (probably the collie in him) and hard to believe that he is actually 12 years old.

The fantastic kennel staff are nurturing him and he is doing really well, but he'd love to have a home to call his own.
gsdlover

Postby Elliesmum » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:28 pm

I took Bubba out for Nicki's induction today. He was a bit nervous at first, but who can blame him, coming into rescue at his age. He pulled a little at first on the walk, but is a really good boy. He didn't mind the horses we passed and was an easy walk. He likes to make contact during his walk and kept touching my hand with his nose every now and then. Shame, poor boy is not sure what's happening to him and I hope he settles into a home soon. He is very friendly and nerves calmed away from kennels. Never guessed he is 12 years old! Here is is with Nicki.
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs.
Elliesmum

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed