Vinnie Shar Pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 - February 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Lexi

Re: Vinnie Shar pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by Lexi »

So today is my last day of being Vinnie's foster mummy (for now), so I thought I'd write everyone a little update on how he has been in the home.

Obviously, I'm absolutely in love with this little man. A weekend foster turned into a whole week as I just couldn't bare to let him go!

He's been perfect in our little flat, and lets us know when he needs to go outside. He has been sleeping in his own bed on our bedroom floor, and as soon as my alarm goes off and he sees that I'm awake, he hops into the bed for a cuddle and a snooze. While he is a little bit older and does enjoy his quiet time, snoozing on the sofa / bed / floor / anywhere, he still has a lot of youth in him, and loves playing catch and running around. He even went for zoomies one evening blob6.gif]

He does the funniest things that will keep you entertained all day. Instead of getting up to turn around, he will just sit down and swivel on his bottom. It's hilarious to watch and he looks so pleased with himself while he spins. He's great with food and toys, not greedy at all and I have been able to take high value items from him if I just bribe him with a cocktail sausage!!

Walking Vinnie will make you feel like a local celebrity! I haven't managed a single walk without being stopped by someone to ask about him - he's just that handsome! People love seeing him out and about, especially with his two tennis balls! He's very very good with strangers, and will happily stand while he's being fussed over, or sit down if I have stopped for a natter. He's also getting much better with other dogs, and has met a few dogs during his time with me, usually by accident! There has been lots of nose touches and sniffs, and he seems to be growing in his confidence. Getting him out on walks is super easy, he doesn't get too over excited and will just pop his head through the harness, and wait patiently until his leads are on before he trots off to the front door.

:smiley-chores002.gif:

Please please PLEASE get your forms in for Vinnie, and he will reward you with his unconditional love, and lots of squidgy cuddles.

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
pits

Post by pits »

Here's some pictures of Vinnie earlier, he was cheerful as always and happy to get some cuddles and attention. Thank you to volunteer Lexi who helped with the photos and who just fostered Vinnie.
f1s.jpg
f2s.jpg
f3a2.jpg
f4s.jpg
f5s.jpg
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Vinnie in the pub on his weekend foster. He is being noticed by many and spoken about on social media
Vinnie in the pub on his weekend foster. He is being noticed by many and spoken about on social media
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Vinnie's been on another foster break. Great write up and photos from his foster mum

2018_080607_0948_207.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”