Vinnie Shar Pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 - February 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
LindaS

Re: Vinnie Shar pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 Guildford Kenns

Post by LindaS »

Me and Vinnie chops went for a walk on Saturday, he is such an fun character.... he has his routine to get ready:
Get two tennis balls and ensure safely in mouth - tick
Let the human put on the harness (just stand still) and check leads on - tick
Walk human to the rear kennel gate - tick
Water the first timber post (always) - tick

Its then 'Right I'm ready, lets amble along' ..... and off you go, no pulling, just amble. When we get to our normal sit area, he changes gear and jumps over the low fence and gallops over to the picnic bench area (dutiful sits are done here and tummy tickles given). Then it is run around the car park and he CAN go fast (a lot faster than me if we weren't attached) and he grins ear to ear with tennis ball and his little ears flapping.

The amazing thing is, if you want to just go back to walk speed he will slot straight back in, he does do a quick 'come on lets still run' but once he sees you are wanting to walk, he's straight back into happy amble.
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

0AAC9120-6B7F-42E9-8457-31E45A5694DB.jpeg
Vinnie is a big fave at Guildford and we love having him stay but oh how we wish someone special would come forward for him.
This lad couldn’t be happier when he knows that he is leaving his kennel and getting out. He is so comical, quickly picking up his 2 balls before getting harnessed. It’s like someone quickly grabbing their hat and coat before leaving their house!
A sad fact though.......it is nearly Vinnie’s TWO YEAR anniversary of being with us at RR.
If you compare the first photo of him with RR and the most recent you will notice that our Vincenzo is going grey around the gills. A distinguished look for a gent maybe but it tells a sad story that our Vin is still waiting........
Lets try and get the lad out of our door, with his 2 balls obvs, before the anniversary actually arrives.
pits

Post by pits »

Vinnie's christmas video

FranB

Post by FranB »

416801C2-7AD2-403E-B31C-915029114D0D.jpeg
6A817E3C-4AD5-49DD-9C37-CAB8997A108B.jpeg
CC93F119-D911-4704-8E39-5517C9036CB9.jpeg
40B86A45-911E-44FE-A0A7-608B26CE7F81.jpeg
It was lovely to have a catch up with Vinnie today. We set off with his balls for an amble by the river and he was in a cheerful mood especially when we had a sit down and he got the opportunity for a really good roll. His balls were carefully deposited nearby whilst he had a mad moment rolling ecstatically on his back like a big puppy, both of us ended up sliding down the hill a little bit and getting rather muddy. Bless him. He was very good meeting two other dogs with no reaction at all. Gorgeous hunk. love4.gif He so deserves his own humans by now.
Joanned

Post by Joanned »

Lovely photos from Daniel taking cheeky Vinnie into the paddock
Lovely photos from Daniel taking cheeky Vinnie into the paddock
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I love walking Vinnie as we always have adventures and true Vinnie style today he didn't disappoint .
So off we went on our hill climb taking in the beautiful surroundings Vincenzo loves this walk as it's different to the rest , with loyal tennis balls in his mouth we encounter two pheasants who decided to skip in from of Vinnie and tease him whilst running away. The tennis balls were thrown into the bushes and off he went down a very steep incline me and my slippy trainers hanging onto Vinnie as the game of chase the pheasants began .They stopped changed direction with Vinnie and I in hot pursuit .Thankfully at the bottom of the hill the pheasants vanished leaving Vinnie and I shattered with a long hill climb left to find his favourite tennis balls ....After much searching we returned , muddy laughing, Vinnie smiling and tired with two tennis balls in his mouth.
This is what walkers love about Vinnie , he's funny , fast , loves humans and enjoys every minute of his walks.
Vinnie is super special please forever home come soon our Vinnie deserves his sofa time and loving home x
Froggie757

Re: Vinnie Shar pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Froggie757 »

Fabulous to catch up with Vinnie today whilst he has a stay at Gatwick. He is looking in great shape, glossy, black coat and a brilliant welcome into his kennel. Within minutes of walking we had collected the first tennis ball and within seconds of running in the paddock he had the required two! Loved his walk, didn't want to go back into his kennel but cheese won him over and he settled back into his bed looking very smug with his two balls within reach. Just love this boy!
Vinnie, a muddy puddle and two balls - what more could a cuddly pup want?!
IMG_0893.JPG
Pegmilly

Re: Vinnie Shar pei x Staffie DOB 06.2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG
I was sooooooo pleased to see vinnie today!! He's just as squidgy and lovable as I remembered him. Perfectly behaved while I got him ready and easy to exit the kennels. I knew he'd have great fun in the paddock so that's where we headed. He found one ball enroute much to his delight and another four in the paddock.......he was in heaven. We played fetch for quite some time - well Vinnies version of fetch. He won't give the original ball back, instead he runs after the one I've thrown, sniffs it and comes back. After a while, I put all the balls in my pocket - I wanted my Vinnie cuddles. He didn't disappoint. His chubby chops are so squishy, I could hug him all day. We went for a lovely walk afterwards - where again he was wonderfully behaved. It was great to see this very special boy again - but I'd much rather see him in his own home. It is beyond me why he has waited so long - he's adorable. Xx.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”