Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
bettypinches

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by bettypinches » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:43 pm

I am one of John's walkers and I have had the great pleasure in walking Blossom on many a morning. I took a few photos of her a week or so ago and forgot to post them - she's so pretty, so I'm posting them now. When I took them, we were wishing that Blossom's forever home was at the end of the rainbow - maybe it is??! :please.gif:

Blossom is such a lovely girl and is no trouble at all. She can be a little timid when she first meets people or is in unfamiliar territory (ie. if we try a new walk) - it just takes her a little time to build the connection and trust. All of us (the group of walkers) believe that Blossom should be in a forever home - she gives big sloppy kisses and is very easy to walk, generally. She does feel safer going with another dog that she knows and trusts and when out on walks she's very curious about other dogs we meet - she never reacts - but needs to get to know them.

I'm really hoping that she catches that special someone's eye soon! love4.gif
blossom small 1.png
Somewhere over the rainbow....
blossom3.png
blossome2.png

bettypinches

Post by bettypinches » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:01 pm

I love taking Blossom out for walks - she's a very gentle lady and once she starts building a bond with you, she's a very affectionate girl who loves cuddling up.
She does bond more easily with dogs, and they in turn, give her confidence when faced with new situations.
We are going to very gently introduce her to 'new' - she became a little timid and withdrawn when we slightly altered her walk route, or if we walked without the same walking partner (Kingsley). However, she has over the past week enjoyed some new views and walks on her own. She really enjoys a cuddle (especially if she gets a bit of tripe stick!) She's a very good girl and sits for her treats and takes them very gently.
Blossom can be a bit strong on the lead in situations where she's worried (she'll pull to head home), but generally she is very easy to handle and I love her so! I would love to see her settled in a forever home and enjoying all the security that her family and dog-pals will bring.
Attachments
Bloss10.png
Bloss8.png
Bloss7.jpg
Bloss6.JPG
Bloss4.JPG
Bloss3.JPG
Bloss2.JPG
Bloss1.JPG

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:00 pm

Blossom went to the vets last Friday to have two hard lumps removed....only cornified cysts, thank goodness. But she was such a good girl. When we arrived there were two dogs, one a very large German Shepherd, and three cats in the waiting room; those two dogs were replaced by three others, again one a large Shepherd and the cats were replaced by yet another one. Throughout all these comings and going Blossom sat quietly beside me and, when it was time to go and see Mark, she didn't even look at any of those still waiting for their consultation. I was very impressed....and she wasn't in the least bit nervous to meet Mark, and was happy to be led away by him to wait for her operation.

What a good girl!!

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:41 pm

So pleased all is well for Blossom, thankyou John and Sylvie for taking such good care of her.
What a star in the vets too, good girl Blossom :D
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Thu May 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Just read through blossoms thread. The progress she has made is truly amazing . Thanks to the hard work of foster and the walkers . It's heart warming to see progress like this and watch her confidence grow . Well done everyone xx this is why I love being a part of RR

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:13 am

Blossom has been with us here for almost two years. The problem with having any foster for a period of time is that you rarely see the gradual changes which take place in behaviour and, consequently, have little additional points to make on the thread.

What I can say is that Blossom, whilst still nervous, even now, of meeting her walkers, enjoys her time with them especially when on the extender, and she gallops through the long grass and over the fields, whilst still maintaining a close eye on her walker.

She is extremely protective of her space in the annex and I don't allow her walkers into the three rooms she occupies. But she is very affectionate with both Sylvie and me and leans into us when we go in to give her her meals and spend time with her. She is quiet in the house except when anyone calls,....she can see out of the window from her vantage point on one of the sofas and is far better than any door bell!!!

She's good at chasing a ball, but doesn't return it....she feels that if you throw it you can pick it up as well!!!!

I do hope somebody will come forward to offer Blossom a forever home soon....she has lovely markings and, once settled, will reward you with lots of face washes and loyalty.

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:02 pm

About time! :goodluck.gif: Blossom darling xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Go blossom! Hope this your chance for a forever home. You've blossomed thanks to your Foster parents

xxlynne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Ashford Kent

Post by xxlynne » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Blossom56.jpg
Remember this picture
Well dreams do come true...Blossom has her very own family Tony & Kim with their lovely dogs Herby Shihtzu 12, Bertie 3 Staffie and Bella 5 staffie

Our gratitude to John & Sylvie for fostering Blossom when she sooo needed them and to all the dog walkers who helped her so much gain confidence and walk tall.

[0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif] [0128.gif]

Froggie757

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Ashford Kent

Post by Froggie757 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Fab news, hopefully a start to a great homing weekend!

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”