Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
staffylevi

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Godstone Kenns

Post by staffylevi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:21 am

What a difference a day makes! :D This is what rescuing is all about. foxes_295.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...

xxlynne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by xxlynne » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:32 pm

Blossom has stepped back a little bit today as today she left her litter sister and arrived in foster to begin to find herself under John's loving care

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 pm

John you are an angel... Blossom will 'blossom' into the dog she should have been in your loving care that's for sure!! bighug.gif to you all in New Romney. Kiss of love.gif

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:39 pm

I have just taken the opportunity of reading through Blossom's "thread" and it is quite obvious that she made good progress when she was in kennels under the watchful eyes of her walkers and aided by her sister, Peppermint. Her confidence took a knock when she first arrived here in New Romney with her tail between her legs and hiding behind a chair when left alone in her bedroom for any length of time.

It's all changed now, with her walking with her tail in a normal "droopy" position.but straight out behind her when she runs around after a ball in the garden, She snuggles up to me at night and makes herself comfortable on the bed when she is left by herself,

I can't say she is anything less than very nervous when meeting her walkers each day, but she quickly comes out of her shell and enjoys the new smells of the beach, the fields and the Royal Military Canal nearby....the walkers taking her to the chosen walking area in the car so she doesn't have to contend with the cars travelling down the lane.

Blossom has a good appetite and enjoys the additional banana she is having at the moment as she may have a potassium deficiency.

She is very affectionate to anyone she knows and appears to have exceptionally good dog skills.

staffylevi

Post by staffylevi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:21 pm

What a lovely read John. bighug.gif

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Blossom has changed out of all recognition....in the garden she runs around with her tail held high and comes back to me with a wagging tail and does, occasionally, rest her big paws against my thighs. She is still unsure when meeting her walkers and, even when I put her lead on, her tail goes down between her legs....I do hope that will disappear in due course.

She snuggles up to me when I go and sit with her on her bed, with her legs across mine, She loves to lick my hands, face and neck, and follows me around hoping to go out into the garden again.

She eats with enthusiasm and her confidence is improving every day. She will need encouragement to continue her progress, but she is really affectionate and loves to share the sofa with anyone willing to be sit beside her.
Last edited by johnfowle on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawn Allen

Post by Dawn Allen » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:39 pm

So lovely to hear how Blossom is gaining confidence and able to get some creature comforts by way of snuggles with you John. Hard to observe a dog that is fearful and unsure but wonderful to hear that she is coming out of her shell while under your nurturing wing. Blossom looks like a real darling, a beautiful flower ready to, well, as per her name, Blossom! Keeping our toes, fingers and paws crossed for this sweet lady. love4.gif

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:27 pm

I was looking through my photos and discovered some of Blossom and Peppermint not long after Blossom arrived with us back at the end of november last year - and for some reason I haven't posted them, bad me !

So here we go, these are from the end of November last year and Blossom had relaxed in the paddock guided by her pal Peppermint, enjoy !
DSC00735.JPG
DSC00738.JPG
DSC00757.JPG
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00734.JPG
DSC00704.JPG
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00703.JPG
DSC00730.JPG
DSC00732.JPG
DSC00754.JPG
DSC00719.JPG
and with her pal Peppermint ...
DSC00701.JPG
DSC00705.JPG
DSC00715.JPG
DSC00720.JPG
So sorry for not posting these sooner, Blossom is a lovely girl and so pleased she's settling into life at Johns, as Dawn says, it is time for her to Blossom and a new life hopefully awaits her soon with a family to call her very own, she has a lot of love to give and will give it in bucketloads as she learns to trust :biggrin.gif:

Blossom, these flowers are for you mylove.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:58 am

My Goodness....how Blossom has come out of her shell....she welcomes you with a wagging tail, loves her walks with her various walkers, and gambols around the garden rather like an excited pony!!!

She is most affectionate and snuggles up close to you when you sit beside her. She prefers to sleep under the duvet at your feet rather than on top, but does come up for air periodically!!!!

She is making friends with Missy, one of the other new residents, and has walked with her on a few occasions....is likely to be sharing a room with her in the near future. It goes without saying,
therefore, that she seems to be good with dogs and takes no notice of them when she is out.

She really would make a super companion for anybody prepared to give her a few days to gain confidence in her new surroundings....everybody who meets her says what an attractive dog she is with her tan and white markings.

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Well, that went amazingly well....Blossom and Missy have been walking together for a couple of days and obviously enjoyed each others company, so I thought they might like to share a room together. Sylvie held Blossom on a short lead and I brought Missy in, also on a short lead. Immediately on seeing Missy, Blossom whined and her tail went up and she began to wag it furiously. Missy heard Blossom and up went her tail and into a spin. They had a good sniff of each other and were "over the moon" to see each other....it was wonderful to see.

We'll do that a number of times before I leave them together, but my initial reaction is that it is a match made....if not in heaven, then certainly made on earth!!!!

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 am

Blossom and Missy always walk with each other now. Today they visited the beach for the first time and to say they "had a ball" would be an understatement. Missy's tail went up into the air immediately she got out of the car, and she had lots of new smells to investigate among the sand dunes....she was in her element. Blossom found that paddling in the sea was more her style and, with the sea going out about two hundred yards as the beach slopes so gently, she had a marvelous time.

It is great to see them getting on so well together....a few more introductions in the house and I will feel confident enough to allow them to share a room.

They are a truly lovely pair, growing in confidence all the time....always met now with a wagging tail and bottom (!!!!) but still a little unsure when meeting new people.

johnfowle

Post by johnfowle » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:51 am

Blossom has just come back from her walk with Missy and their walkers speak so highly of them now....wanting to play, trotting around at the end of their extenders and coming back for a quick cuddle before galloping off again.

Blossom has come on in leaps and bounds since they started walking together and she is just one super dog....and a great hot water bottle, too!!! I love her markings and her long, wagging tail. She is very obedient, enjoys her time in the garden where she runs at top speed from one end to the other and then sits in front of you, waiting for a pat or for you to throw a ball for her to chase. She plays with a ball, pouncing on it rather like a cat playing with a mouse.....although she is about eight years old she behaves very much like a young puppy in many respects.

Whoever has the good fortune to adopt Blossom will have hours of pleasure when she has overcome her initial reluctance to show her lovely, gentle nature until she is comfortable in her new environment.

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”