Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008- May 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
bettypinches

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by bettypinches »

I am one of John's walkers and I have had the great pleasure in walking Blossom on many a morning. I took a few photos of her a week or so ago and forgot to post them - she's so pretty, so I'm posting them now. When I took them, we were wishing that Blossom's forever home was at the end of the rainbow - maybe it is??! :please.gif:

Blossom is such a lovely girl and is no trouble at all. She can be a little timid when she first meets people or is in unfamiliar territory (ie. if we try a new walk) - it just takes her a little time to build the connection and trust. All of us (the group of walkers) believe that Blossom should be in a forever home - she gives big sloppy kisses and is very easy to walk, generally. She does feel safer going with another dog that she knows and trusts and when out on walks she's very curious about other dogs we meet - she never reacts - but needs to get to know them.

I'm really hoping that she catches that special someone's eye soon! love4.gif
Somewhere over the rainbow....
Somewhere over the rainbow....
blossom3.png
blossome2.png
bettypinches

Post by bettypinches »

I love taking Blossom out for walks - she's a very gentle lady and once she starts building a bond with you, she's a very affectionate girl who loves cuddling up.
She does bond more easily with dogs, and they in turn, give her confidence when faced with new situations.
We are going to very gently introduce her to 'new' - she became a little timid and withdrawn when we slightly altered her walk route, or if we walked without the same walking partner (Kingsley). However, she has over the past week enjoyed some new views and walks on her own. She really enjoys a cuddle (especially if she gets a bit of tripe stick!) She's a very good girl and sits for her treats and takes them very gently.
Blossom can be a bit strong on the lead in situations where she's worried (she'll pull to head home), but generally she is very easy to handle and I love her so! I would love to see her settled in a forever home and enjoying all the security that her family and dog-pals will bring.
Bloss1.JPG
Bloss2.JPG
Bloss3.JPG
Bloss4.JPG
Bloss6.JPG
Bloss7.jpg
Bloss8.png
Bloss10.png
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom went to the vets last Friday to have two hard lumps removed....only cornified cysts, thank goodness. But she was such a good girl. When we arrived there were two dogs, one a very large German Shepherd, and three cats in the waiting room; those two dogs were replaced by three others, again one a large Shepherd and the cats were replaced by yet another one. Throughout all these comings and going Blossom sat quietly beside me and, when it was time to go and see Mark, she didn't even look at any of those still waiting for their consultation. I was very impressed....and she wasn't in the least bit nervous to meet Mark, and was happy to be led away by him to wait for her operation.

What a good girl!!
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Blossom has been with us here for almost two years. The problem with having any foster for a period of time is that you rarely see the gradual changes which take place in behaviour and, consequently, have little additional points to make on the thread.

What I can say is that Blossom, whilst still nervous, even now, of meeting her walkers, enjoys her time with them especially when on the extender, and she gallops through the long grass and over the fields, whilst still maintaining a close eye on her walker.

She is extremely protective of her space in the annex and I don't allow her walkers into the three rooms she occupies. But she is very affectionate with both Sylvie and me and leans into us when we go in to give her her meals and spend time with her. She is quiet in the house except when anyone calls,....she can see out of the window from her vantage point on one of the sofas and is far better than any door bell!!!

She's good at chasing a ball, but doesn't return it....she feels that if you throw it you can pick it up as well!!!!

I do hope somebody will come forward to offer Blossom a forever home soon....she has lovely markings and, once settled, will reward you with lots of face washes and loyalty.
xxlynne

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Ashford Kent

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)

Well dreams do come true... Blossom has her very own family - Tony & Kim with their lovely dogs Herby Shihtzu 12, Bertie 3 Staffie, and Bella 5 Staffie.

Our gratitude to John & Sylvie for fostering Blossom when she sooo needed them and to all the dog walkers who helped her so much gain confidence and walk tall.
bettypinches

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Ashford Kent

Post by bettypinches »

(Since returned)
Hi all - John's asked me to try and load some of these pictures (with Kim's permission of course!)
Blossom looks so happy - makes me want to blub my eyes out with happiness! She is gorgeous and so happy that they're having such fun together as a little pack! Well done Kim!
22279689_10213315036847107_6951759919691965512_n.jpg
22528541_10213392650267394_3039654453914326123_n.jpg
22448520_10213361940219662_1183679450774033496_n.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Today we are full of sadness Blossom's home collapsed apparently with the dogs being fed together a fight broke out. Blossom occupied John's back seat and it was so lovely to see her but she was sad and bemused... Thank you John & Sylvie for taking Blossom back into your home. Thinking of her Love this girl sooo much
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

A couple of puncture wounds for one of the resident Staffies who wanted to share Blossom's breakfast. Well, you don't share breakfast, do you?

Blossom is out on her first walk at the moment....a little nervous of meeting her walker who used to exercise her when she was here previously. She slept soundly last night beside me after Shadow had had a long bark from the room next door. She ate her supper after some coaxing, but breakfast today was a different matter as she had some of the leftovers from our turkey we had earlier in the week....yum yum....very nice!!!

She's a lovely lady....such a shame that it happened yesterday....she'll be fine as a separate dog as she adores human contact and is good with dogs outside and in areas where she is not confined to small areas.

We all love her and are happy to offer a foster home for the time being.
Sarahk

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Blossom enjoyed a lovely walk with her neighbour, the very handsome Chase, I think it's safe to say Blossom was happy to be stepping out with her beau :D
P5254819.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Blossom Staffie x DOB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

P5254823.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”