Shelley Am Bulldog DOB ?2011 Newbury Foster

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Shelley Am Bulldog DOB ?2011 Newbury Foster

Postby xxlynne » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 am

Current Status: Available

Shelley97.jpg

Shelley's needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Shelley was tied to a flat door handle petrified to be approached. She had to be catch poled. Dog warden identified whose had been her owner, they have had lots of dealing with the police and is illegally breeding; domestic abuse; drugs and criminal dealings. Shelley will have definitely been abused and has been heavily bred from in past. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Shelley's life. We will have to rehabilitate her and gently build trust. We debated whether we had the means in terms of circumstance and financial ability to support her longterm but we all agreed she was owed this, with us as replenishing her faith in human nature and we were her only chance. Shelley was in foster but is now in boarding kennels nr Guildford

Visit Shelley's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Shelley78.jpg
Shelley66.jpg
Shelley89.jpg
Shelley52.JPG

Shelley's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral:
Hi Lynne, As discussed this is Shelley the American Bulldog in police kennels. She was found tied to a door handle of a flat. Was very nervous aggressive and had to be poled sadly to be moved. She went to the police kennels as better suited for her where she has settled down but they agreed she is still nervous and has clearly been abused.

I know who the owner is although he is currently AWOL (Absent without leave) and not known where currently living. He is well known to me from over the years however for animal welfare, breeding, drugs and severe domestic violence to his family. Not nice individual and I can say with all certainty that it is likely to have beaten her etc. She has also been bred from.

The police have said she's not aggressive as such but will need lots of rehabilitation due to her abandonment fears.

Some pics enclosed, I only have until FRIDAY 14th August before she will be PTS - if it was a case of being a couple of days for a guaranteed space then may be able to argue the point but she isn't in my care so its not my budget sadly. Ax Dog warden

We have been in heavy negotiation since and now have the transport organisaed and the dog warden has raised funds to pay for extra kennelling days saving her life.
Shelley3.jpg
Shelley.jpg
Shelley1.jpg
Shelley2.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Shelley Am Bulldog DOB TBAss West country comes Thurs 10

Postby frankie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:16 am

Oh bless her poor baby we will give her lots of loving xxx
frankie

Postby Pegmilly » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:18 am

The human race disgusts me sometimes. Welcome Shelley - you will be looked after and supported by all of us.xx
Pegmilly

Postby MandaTK » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Ditto Pegmilly. Its so sad for Shelley. Welcome into our rescue where you will find just happiness and love. xxx
MandaTK

Postby xxlynne » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:13 pm

MontyJack2 has volunteered to foster her. This means Martha is coming into kennels on Wednesday creating a precious space for this very needy girl.
xxlynne

Postby Pegmilly » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 am

So very pleased this girly is going straight to foster. Humans have failed her for her whole life - let's hope we can all restore her faith in us. Thank you so much montyjack2. Xxx
Pegmilly

Postby Chapmania » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Yet another sad story :smiley-sad010.gif: Poor Shelley, what a dreadful life she has led so far.

Huge thanks to Montyjack2 who has come to her aid when Shelley is most in need. Bless you. xx
Chapmania

Re: Shelley Am Bulldog DOB TBAss West country comes soon

Postby montyjack2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Well Shelley has arrived, she is quite a bit stressed at the moment, so just letting her roam around and get used to everything. She enjoyed having a good roll on the grass x Not much else to say, will post again once I get to know her better x

WORN OUT

montyjack2

Re: Shelley Am Bulldog DOB TBAss Gosport Portsmouth Foster

Postby xxlynne » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Talk of the Town....brilliant photos what a relief she must feel (as do we) Welcome home in our care and especially Mandy's and Monty's care! Thank you Mandy Thank you
xxlynne

Postby Hoonercat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Those pics are wonderful :thanks.gif:
Hoonercat

Postby Luisa » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Wow! she really is beautiful!! Lovely photos, she was stuck in limbo in a cell, now she's rolling in the grass and so happy. Thanks Mandy and Monty and everyone who got her into the safety of our Recue. :thanks.gif:
Luisa

Postby montyjack2 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:15 pm

Shelley is starting to relax and I can now see the dog that was hidden inside, she is a big wimp and can jump at sudden noises or leaves blowing etc (making me jump lol) but I dont make a fuss about it, she will soon gain confidence as each day goes by. She is clean in the house, no mishaps, does not pull on the lead. She has not met many dogs, but we did get bombarded by two off lead springers and she was fine just sniffed and quite happy to be sniffed.

My friend Lee came to meet her and he fell in love ( he does with all of them lol), so they had a play in the garden and she loved it, she was so happy x x

OLE

A quick video of her playing

https://youtu.be/PWHf-WWr1-A
montyjack2

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS