Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Bexhill

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Bexhill

Postby xxlynne » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:38 pm

Current Status: Homed

Mia8.jpg

Mia needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Mia grew up within a family with a child as an only dog. She was abandoned in kennels at 18 months old last year and we stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Mia is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Mia is currently in boarding kennels in Godstone.

Mia is incredibly playful & is like a 4 month puppy. Mouthy & though most of her time in the home she is the perfect dog she can get hyped & rush around & plead for the owners to play holding on to their arm or shoe. Lets go with strong command, she will grow out of this, but needs firm people to support her and employ her energy is occupation and fun. She grew up with a young boy & her family abandoned her in kennels at age of 18 months so her problems couldn’t have been that hard in a settled family. Desperate to please. Classic docked tail & pedigree papers.

Visit Mia's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Mia34.jpg
Mia42.jpg

Mia's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Our friends at Chessington kennels asked us if we could offer Mia a Rescue Place.
Mia29.jpg
Mia2.jpg
Mia5.jpg

Mia came onto our books on the 19th August
xxlynne

Re: Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Godstone Kennels

Postby xxlynne » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:47 pm

Mia3.jpg
Mia4.jpg
Mia5.jpg
Mia6.jpg
Just a few initial pictures to give a feel of the very lovely Mia.

Mia1.jpg
Mia2.jpg
xxlynne

Postby Charlie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:13 am

P1050526 (640x480).jpg

Mia loved her walk today - so much to sniff so little time...
P1050553 (640x480).jpg

Very suspicious of the kennel's resident pig!
P1050532 (480x640).jpg

What a cutie :smiley-love014.gif:
P1050556 (480x640).jpg

Mid way through her party trick!
P1050522 (640x542).jpg

Just a big soppy pup :smiley-love029.gif:
Charlie

Postby AJandBillie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Wow, we love the look of her, she is gorgeous!
AJandBillie

Postby Pegmilly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:50 am

Walked the lovely Mia yesterday. She's a big, clumsy, playful oaf. Not a bad bone in her body - just a few very cheeky ones :D Off lead she became over excited, gentle mouthing and lead grabbing. Nothing major at all - a firm no and she stops. All she needs is reminding of her manners. On lead, you couldn't ask for a better behaved dog. Hardly any pulling, grabbed my lead once but again, a firm no and she stopped. Personally, I love dogs who are a little bit cheeky - thoroughly enjoyed Mias company today. Xx
Pegmilly

Postby SarahW » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:29 am

I got to walk Mia on Saturday and just like Pegmilly said I found her to be a very easy walking companion. A little bit of mouthy putting her leads on the harness in the kennel but a firm no and she stopped. She is a very sweet girl who is friendly and listens well. I was very smitten and hope I get to walk her again. :smiley-gen132.gif:

mia2.jpg
Mia1.jpg
mia3.jpg
mia4.jpg
mia5.jpg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby Tim » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:44 pm

We had a few minutes whilst waiting for another dog to arrive so we took the opportunity take take Mia into the paddock to take a few photos (I've also got a short video to upload tomorrow)...

untitled.jpg

How relaxed does she look...
untitled-8.jpg
untitled-7.jpg

Cuddle time...
untitled-5.jpg
untitled-2.jpg
untitled-4.jpg

Enjoying playing with the ball
untitled-6.jpg

Investigating what was going on outside the paddock
untitled-9.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Re: Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Tunbridge Wells Temp Foster

Postby xxlynne » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Mia went to the vets on Monday. She needed to be muzzled just because she is a naughty puppy! She had both her back dew claws off; was spayed and had her hips xrays as a check. She then met John & Sylvie and went home with them for recovery.

Mia has been working her magic on John ever since
xxlynne

Re: Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Tunbridge Wells Temp Foster

Postby johnfowle » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Mia is just one great girl. I was very worried when I first met her, but she was not in the least bit difficult to put in the car after the vets or to take her into the house when we arrived. She was very nervous of me initially and would run away from me every time I went into her room but she now welcomes with a wagging stump. She went for her first walk today and, as everyone else has documented, she likes to bite her lead (not a major problem), doesn't pull, doesn't like people approaching her but is fine if they come from the rear, loves to be stroked and patted when she knows you, loves her meals, will bow in front of you and want to play, enjoys a game with a ball to chase....all an all, she will be a super companion for somebody prepared to take on a "big baby"....she is really easy, but got lots to learn....and is willing to learn too!!!
johnfowle

Re: Mia Rottie DOB 12.09.2013 Godstone Kenns

Postby AJandBillie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:21 pm

We met Mia yesterday for a play and photoshoot in the paddock. We already loved the look of her from her photos and she didn't disappoint. She is absolutely beautiful. She was a lot more laid back than I expected and wasn't too interested in playing, she just wanted to roam around the paddock and have a sniff. She seemed to be a little shy and uneasy around people she didn't know but she was a very good girl.

Here are some photos of the beauty, we have some more so keep an eye out for them...

Mia 1.jpg

Mia 2.jpg

Mia 3.jpg

Mia 4.jpg

Mia 5.jpg

Mia 6.jpg
AJandBillie

Postby AJandBillie » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:59 am

As promised here are some more pictures of the gorgeous Mia!

Mia 12.jpg

Mia 11.jpg

Mia 10.jpg

Mia 9.jpg

Mia 8.jpg

Mia 7.jpg
AJandBillie

Postby SarahW » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:09 pm

I got to walk the lovely Mia on Saturday. She had the cone of shame on in her kennel so she was very releived to get that off and get walking! :D She can be mouthy in the kennel and at the start of the walk but a few firm 'no's and she is fine. I am loving getting to know her, she is a big puppy who is learning how to become a big dog! Love her!

mia1.jpg
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed