Dougie Greyhound DOB 2009 Radwell Beds

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Dougie Greyhound DOB 2009 Radwell Beds

Postby xxlynne » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 am

Current Status: Homed

Dougie is our Dog Rescue Remedies of the Month for March 16

Dougie36.JPG

Dougie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Dougie was handed into an Animal Sanctuary and has been sharing a kennel for several years with a terrier. We have now offered Dougie a Rescue Place. Dougie is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Dougie is now in boarding kennels in Guildford sharing with a Patterdale friend awaiting to be homed

Dougie is easy meeting other dogs & can easily live within a multi-dog pack or a special other. Dougie has been in kennels for 3 years so may need patience to re establish his housetraining as with kennelled greyhounds. Dougie will naturally flow into with his family he loves people, attention & yearns for fuss. Giant Softee

Visit Dougie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Dougie02.JPG
Dougiecharlie.jpg
Dougie1.jpg

Dougie's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: The animal sanctuary at Potters Bar have asked us to find Dougie his new home/ family
xxlynne

Re: Dougie Greyhound DOB 2009 Potters Bar

Postby Sarahk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:09 pm

I was lucky enough to meet Dougie a few weeks ago when I took some photos up at Pottters Bar. His 'best mate' was Sweep who we have since rehomed :biggrin.gif: , here's some photos of Dougie and also some of him with Sweep, so hope we find Dougie his home swiftly too, a very gentle boy :)
DSC07362.JPG
DSC07408.JPG
DSC07420.JPG
DSC07407.JPG
DSC07417.JPG

and a few with Sweep (since homed) ...
DSC07402.JPG
DSC07414.JPG
DSC07415.JPG
DSC07403.JPG
sharing sniffs !
DSC07380.JPG

and Dougie again ...
DSC07368.JPG
DSC07364.JPG
DSC07416.JPG
DSC07421.JPG
DSC07423.JPG
DSC07436.JPG
tiring business having your photo taken !
DSC07441.JPG

Home soon please :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby lurcher girl » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:39 pm

He is gorgeous. .....i know a couple looking for a greyhound that is smaller dog friendly. ...do you know how old Dougie is ?????? :smiley-signs002.gif:
lurcher girl

Postby Hoonercat » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Dougie is a gorgeous. We spent some time with him today in his kennel then in the paddock, he is very gentle and gives the cutest little face licks. Happy to meet Tia and spent time with her in the paddock, really hope his home comes up soon :crossfingers.gif:
Hoonercat

Postby Greyhound Girl » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 am

What a handsome hound and small dog friendly too! Hope he finds his forever sofa soon xx
Greyhound Girl

Postby Pegmilly » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:03 pm

Dougie is the most gorgeous, laid back, gentle soul you could ever wish to meet. He is so incredibly tolerant and accepting of all other dogs. He has a very gentle air about him, very calm - only getting excited when I got the sausages out of my bag. Spent time with the lovely lily in the paddock, had a good run about. Dougie was exhausted after 10 minutes and had to have a little lay down, bless him. I left him with a big, juicy bone in his kennel......I didn't get a backward glance after that!!! Cheek!!! :D Dougie is an all round good boy - absolutely love him. X
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pegmilly

Postby xxlynne » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:55 am

Dougie has had to come to terms with losing his kennel partner. Bridget has tried to find another but yesterday Dougie chose his new partner...Sam the Terrier. Dougie licks Sam's ears and Sam reaches up and licks Dougie's muzzle...how lovely is that
xxlynne

Postby TrudiDowling » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:10 am

Dougie is a true gent and I can't believe he hasn't been homed yet. He's a gentle soul who just potters around while I'm working at the Potters Bar site on a Sunday. He loves nothing more than a good rub on the top of his tail and will sidle up beside you and just lean against you for a pet. Dougie deserves a really good home.
TrudiDowling

Postby Toops » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:59 pm

Wish I had a bigger car !!!
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler
Toops

Postby Littlemissy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Met Dougie and his kennel companion Charlie...my hearts been stolen again by both boys ...they are both absolute beauties...out for a Sunday stroll no interest in any other passing dogs ...Dougie loves nothing better than leaning into your leg as he plods happily next to you..Charlie being terrier was more into investigating the scenery. ..hope they wont be long before their furever homes come around :smiley-gen132.gif:
Littlemissy

Re: Dougie Greyhound DOB 2009 Godstone Kenns

Postby Purple Poppy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:54 am

Dougie sounds amazing :smiley-gen132.gif:
Purple Poppy

Re: Dougie Greyhound DOB 2009 Godstone Kenns

Postby SarahW » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

I got to say hello to Dougie last Sunday and WOW he is a stunningly beautiful dog, not just that though he has a wonderful vibe about him. :smiley-gen132.gif:
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed