Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB 2013 Bicester, Oxon

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB 2013 Bicester, Oxon

Postby xxlynne » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Current Status: Homed

Annabell30.JPG

Keita needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum Keita in the kennel pack

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum Keita in the kennel pack2

Known background: Keita was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. Keita was spayed, chipped & fully vaccinated. She has also commenced Panacur for a week, strong wormer. Keita was in boarding kennels near Broxbourne then Gatwick. Alex & Frankie have had her in foster nr Crawley as an only pet.

About Keita: Keita is magnificent dog with her thick Akita coat & a social open demeanour who has learned to live with a cat. Keita mixes with all dogs but just didn’t settle with a bullbreed bitch so male dog companion will suit better as she lived also with a male Staffie. Settling back in kennel after 15 months homing was tough but we are confident she has such people skills & dog skills she will soon find her forever sofa. Kinda

Visit Keita's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Annabell82.JPG
Annabell03.JPG
Annabell4.jpg

Keita's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Keita was found stray and unclaimed. Adam has asked us to find her new family
xxlynne

Re: Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB 2013 Godstone Kenn

Postby Sarahk » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

ooooooohhhh she's a beauty :smiley-love029.gif:

We had an Akita party in the paddock today, Keita was the star attraction and had us all swooning :D
DSC03000.JPG
DSC02999.JPG
DSC02998.JPG
DSC03002.JPG

She's an amazing girl - whilst we were all swooning at her beauty Keita was keen to play spot the dog walking by, she really does connect with other dogs and you could see she wanted to join them (she's been in the pack at Adams and loved it :biggrin.gif: ). Keita was a joy to harness in her kennel, greeting me with a kiss on our first meeting ;) Walked past the other dogs in the kennels with no reaction whatsoever, keen to get out on her walk. Took treats so very very gently, you fail to understand how on earth all these gorgeous dogs can find themselves in rescue, lets hope Keita's stay is a brief one and her new family find her soon.

Here's some more pics to tempt you ...
DSC02971.JPG
DSC02976.JPG
DSC02980.JPG
DSC02988.JPG
DSC02982.JPG
DSC02984.JPG
DSC02979.JPG
DSC02985.JPG
DSC02986.JPG
DSC02994.JPG
DSC03003.JPG
DSC02978.JPG

Stunning :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Re: Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB TBAss Godstone Kenn

Postby Sarahk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:11 am

Here's Keita saying hi to new walker Michael in the paddock. :D
image.jpg
image.jpg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby becca1984 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:36 am

So yesterday I had the absolute privilege of walking Keita at the RR charity dog walk.
She was the perfect companion. She stepped gracefully into my car and sat on the passenger seat without making a single sound or fussing at all. She gave me a happy kiss on the cheek and was settled straight away. Keita poked her nose out of the window and was sitting with her bottom on the seat and her front paws on the floor! This made me chuckle.
When we arrived, Keita was pleased to see lots of other doggies. She said hello to lots of people who were fussing her and took treats from people ever so gently. On the walk she was connected and very happy. She walked side by side with Georgi for most of the walk and her and Dexter fell in love!
She barely pulled and was a dream dog. She has the softest fur and enjoys cuddles.
When the walk was over, I didn't want to take her back to her kennel so Zoe.P and I decided to continue walking her and Georgi and then to go out for a pub lunch.
Again, Keita was an angel in the car, just taking in the views and fresh air. She was tired this time, so was leaning back against the head rest, closing her eyes.
At the pub, Keita and Georgi greeted a range of adoring fans- Keita rolled over for tummy tickles and people all thought she was beautiful. She is very puppy-like when she moves sometimes but extremely gentle- although she is a big dog, she is calm and seems to be aware that she needs to be gentle.
We went to eat our food and Keita sat and looked at me for a few minutes, I gave her a treat and she then lay down on the grass whilst I ate my lunch.
A little staffie puppy came to see her and the puppy was extremely excitable but she took it all in her stride and was very pleased to see him and was very gentle.
On the way back to kennels, Keita was again on the front seat. She stepped over carefully into the back seat and feel asleep on the back seats. She is an absolutely angel.
I can't fault this beautiful dog- good meeting people and dogs of all sizes, walks nicely, very connected to walker, gentle, takes treats gently, waits, a brilliant car passenger, listens well, not too interested when human is eating food- and she loves cuddles.
We went for a stroll around the paddock (she didn't fancy chasing the ball). She had a sniff around and then when I walked to the gate, Annabel followed me and waited patiently whilst I put her leads back on.
With a heavy heart, I put her back in her kennel. I hope to meet Annabel again a soon but hopefully her forever home is around the corner.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Never stop doing little things for others; sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their hearts.
becca1984

Postby Hoonercat » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:20 pm

We joined Keita and Barry for a walk today, she is looking amazing and has really filled out. Beautiful girl and such a lovely nature :smiley-gen132.gif:

Ann5.jpg

Ann4.jpg

Ann3.jpg

Ann2.jpg

Ann1.jpg
Hoonercat

Postby lexiedhb » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:45 am

Dexter thought she really was the bees knees........... :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif: :smiley-love029.gif:
lexiedhb

Re: Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB 2013 Broxbourne Ken

Postby marknsal » Sun May 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Walked the ever so photogenic Keita. Lovely dog easy to walk and great with all the other dogs, we were with the Duggles. She does a lovely sit and has the softest paws. Just a lovely chilled disposition and was really interesting to note the breed differences between the outward staff and the more reserved Akita demeanour, just a lovely easy walk.
marknsal

Postby marknsal » Sun May 17, 2015 9:38 pm

DSC01580.JPG

DSC01579.JPG

DSC01578.JPG
marknsal

Postby Mark Brentwood » Sun May 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Having walked Keita today I can honestly say I'm dumbfounded as to why she has found herself in rescue !
She is a dream to walk, she has a very gentle way about her and 100% proven with other dogs.
Mark Brentwood

Postby gsdlover » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Mark Brentwood wrote:Having walked Keita today I can honestly say I'm dumbfounded as to why she has found herself in rescue !
She is a dream to walk , she has a very gentle way about her and 100% proven with other dogs.

Mark - I totally agree with you. We had this beautiful girl at Godstone for a couple of weeks - she was amazing and I have to say if I hadn't rehomed Roxie then I definitely would have at least tried Annabelle with my cat :biggrin.gif:
gsdlover

Re: Keita Akita x Shepherd DOB 2013 N le W Warring

Postby xxlynne » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:12 pm

(Since returned)
Tabby came down from 'North' to home Judy but Tabby tends to get her dogs in 2s..as was with Harvey & Bella many years ago..so having arrived Tabby was in the mood and began to discuss other homeless dogs who needed a sofa to share. As it is with Keita Tabby said never in a million years would I have thought of owning a thick coated 'bear' of a dog let alone an Akita cross. Keita as we know is the MOST AMAZING dog and so she was soon joining Harvey on their walk and Harvey really loved her. It helps that Judy has been not only spending her days in Keita's company but has chosen to share Keita's kennel. Keita almost seems the mother figure for Judy ...so happy families today.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

JudyLucky2.JPG
JudyLucky1.JPG

Our thanks to Adam for saving Keita's life and for giving her such a fun time in Rescue. She will miss him, Ryan and Louise..and all her friends she helped within her pack past and up until today. Sail on Keita and have a GREAT LIFE!
xxlynne

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed