Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
Chapmania

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:59 pm

I enjoyed a lovely walk with Missie and Ant today. Missie was such a good girl even when 2 off-lead dogs were approaching her which the owner refused to put on leads. Apparently we shouldn't be out walking rescue dogs!! Missie is such a delight to walk. Everybody she passes she wags her tail at. She really is a very friendly girl. Somebody is going to be so lucky to have her. xx

I love having a paddle!
20170716_104758.jpg
What a stunning girl. love4.gif
20170716_104812.jpg

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:20 pm

I was so happy to catch up with Missie at the weekend. I missed her so much last weekend.

We had a fab walk and it was her perfect conditions - huge puddles everywhere and the stream was lovely and deep!
We have to walk down quite a steep slope to get to the stream and despite having the ability to drag us into the stream in half a second flat, she doesn't! She is very gentle and considerate and slowly creeps down the bank and waits for us slow coaches to catch up. What a sweetie.
I love her so much!
Here are the photos from yesterday love4.gif
IMG_1820.jpg
A whole road of puddles!
IMG_1818.jpg
Quickly pose in this one
IMG_1819.jpg
The stream is deep enough to swim in!

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Whoops. Apologies Missie fans but I forgot to post a note about our trip to the pub with our favourite black beauty a couple of weeks ago.

Missie gave us the privilege of her company one Saturday afternoon in a sunny pub garden.
She was a really good girl. She didn't get too excited and was actually very calm and chilled, which was amazing given that she doesn't go out drinking that often.

She was also her usual amazingly dog friendly self when a guy came past with his 16 week old golden retriever puppy. Missie was very gentle with the baby and showed lovely calm body language as ever. The owners, as well as the bar staff came and chatted to us for quite a while about Missie Moo. She is so beautiful and her combination of breeds is so rare that people find her wonderful. It was amazing that she stole the show from a cutesy baby puppy! But that's our beautiful, stunning, glamorous, athletic girly!

We were so proud to show her off to people. She is just a total joy to be with.
We will definitely do it again. The drinks are on us Missie!

Some pics:
IMG_1823.jpg
This is the pub is it?
IMG_1821.jpg
So you have our pint? I am parched...
IMG_1824.jpg
Mmm. Big gin and tonic for me
IMG_1829.jpg
Ahhhh. That's better.
IMG_1827.jpg
Ooh what's that? A baby puppy? (Love this picture of her cutesy body)
IMG_1828.jpg
Ooh give me some love. *Hic*
IMG_1822.jpg
Ooh. One too many. Little lie down for me (in seriousness she was lovely and calm)
IMG_1826.jpg
Oh look! Cricket. How very English summer! Howzat?!?!

Stu

Post by Stu » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:34 am

Lovely updates thank you and I am so proud that Missie has learnt to go slowly down the bank to the stream because her instinct is to plunge head first in as fast as she can but she has learnt to control that to the extent that it is now second nature to her to go slowly. I have absolutely no doubt that Missie would make a fantastic addition to the right family she has so much to give and only asks for the chance to share her love and natural exuberance for life.

Stu

Post by Stu » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Yesterday on our walk Missie was surrounded by 3 off the lead black labradors one of which rushed up and got right in Missie's face and although she was very alert she had no adverse reaction whatsoever.

CoraMc

Post by CoraMc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:44 pm

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
My weekends aren't complete without quality time with Missie; she forms strong bonds and knows who her regular walkers are, peeping up over her kennel wall or out the back of her kennel, calling quietly to remind you it's her turn. While Missie has has foibles, she is a special girl with a real following. We have been through seeing offlead dogs, horses, cyclists a bit too close, squirrels teasing just out of reach and deer dashing across our path. Missie approaches all of these with her usual matter of fact stance, showing certainly interest but taking it all in her stride.

I love her dearly but would love nothing more than to see her in a forever family home right for her needs, with plenty going on and Missie in the thick of it. She loves deeply, she cuddles lovingly, she laughs along with you and is amazing companion. And while she doesn't appreciate what a big, strong girl she is, she has a big heart and will love you with every single part of it. Now is her time, surely.

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm

We had another great afternoon out with Missie today.

She is so smart. When we arrived at the kennel she was out with Cora and Sarah but she knows our empty car, trying to pull the ladies to it and knew we were going to be at the kennels there to see her.

Speaking of the car, she travels so well. She gladly jumps into the boot and manages well on journeys quite happily.

We got to the pub that we took her to last month and she clearly remembered it, immediately remembering that this is somewhere to sit and relax. She popped herself down and enjoyed the affection which we can't help but shower her with. Again she drew lots of compliments from other customers and the landlady who loves dogs and has a gorgeous rescue staffie of her own.

Missie was super chilled out. No fizziness at all or any attempts to run off and chase the birds in the garden etc. She really enjoyed watching some young children playing in a little toy car and all the hubbub of the pub garden. She was interested, but not in an obsessive way or anything negative, she was just enjoying the world going by.

We then went for a nice walk around the woods at Nymans Gardens in sussex. Missie enjoyed all the new smells and used the time to work up an appetite before we took her back to the kennels for her dinner.

She was the perfect company all day. Didn't put a paw wrong.

She will make such a wonderful pet for someone. She is so amazingly loving and loyal. And her intelligence is such a joy. She is perfect.

Some pics...
IMG_1933.jpg
Smile! Sunshine on my glossy coat
IMG_1934.jpg
Keep up Lynds, I want to get to the pond!
IMG_1935.jpg
At Nymans. Missie would like to live in this dolls house...

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

What a lovely afternoon out for our Missie :thanks.gif:

Today Terry and I took out Missie for a walk. She is such a lovely, friendly girl. Walks well, takes no notice of passing traffic or people passing by with other dogs. Missie just loves to be out enjoying the company as we all enjoy hers love4.gif xx
20170813_113240.jpg
20170813_113330.jpg

CoraMc

Post by CoraMc » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:50 pm

This weekend we decided to expand Missie's group of friends still further when fellow Missie fans Lyndsay & Ant joined us for our walk with their lovely girl Dotty. Now Dotty is very dog friendly although a little bouncy. We wanted to see how Missie would react, knowing already she has good dog skills from interactions with dogs in the kennels next to her.

Missie was so thrilled to have so many of her human best friends around her, greeting each of us beautifully. And Dotty? Missie showed beautiful calmness and maturity at Dotty initially wanted to bounce her. Or put differently, Missie didn't react at all. No flinching, no concern, simply a calm steadiness and happiness to walk alongside Dotty and share our chats and walks.

Missie has so many skills and although she's a big girl who doesn't always know her own strength, especially when she's showing you love, her triggers are consistent and her intention always angelic. Missie is a longer term resident with us and is so ready for the right home. She builds strong bonds and and has immense love to give. We'd love the right home to step forward for her now.

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Cora's post really captures what a wonderful girl Missie was when we went on our big 'we all love Missie brigade' walk on Saturday.

For context when cora described Dotty as a bit bouncy, it's this 'play with me, wrestle with me, smile at me' face below that Missie stayed so calm in response to.....
IMG_2134.jpg
Wow, Missie, you look fun! Let's goof around! No? Oh ok, let's just have a calm walk then
I felt like my heart was going to burst when I saw my two favourite canine girls walking together. I just adore Missie so much, we all do. And I genuinely feel warmed in my heart from the affection she gives back to us. She is so loyal and attentive on walks, looking back and checking we are all still there and still ok. Waiting for the stragglers to catch up. And the fact she is so smart makes the affection seem even more powerful somehow. She is smart enough to be picky, but yet she loves all of us humans. I am sure if we all had pages on this site she could write a thorough review of us and all our flaws and foibles but yet she has a 'come one, come all' attitude. Be you a dog or a human. Thanks Missie!

Here are a couple of pics from the walk and from a trip to the poet's hut in the woods the next day. We are so in love with Missie that it's like an addiction we have to feed on both days of the weekend.

She would like a forever home please though people. Somewhere a bit more permanent that she can write her poetry.
Somebody is going to be so lucky one day when they find this amazing girl. Until then her fan club are the lucky ones who get to be in her life.
IMG_2130.jpg
The 'good girl' parade....
IMG_2129.jpg
All cosy in the poet's hut. But I would prefer a forever home please
IMG_2133.jpg
Forever home...? I am looking out for you... xx

anne

Post by anne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Buster and I met Missie and Stuart as we were heading out for our walk and the two dogs were very relaxed so we walked together. Missie was in front and kept checking that Buster was keeping up and indeed decided she did not want to leave him when we had planned to go a different way, so we followed and Missie was very happy about that. She was super cool around Buster and I thought it was lovely that she was looking out for him.

Stu

Post by Stu » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:43 am

I have recently done several supported walks with the new walkers walking Horatio and me walking Missie which works really well. When we are walking with someone else Missie is very attentive to them and won't let me get too far ahead before she digs her heels in telling me to wait which shows what a caring dog she is.

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”