Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption
SarahW

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:41 am

I felt so lucky to be able to spend time away from kennels with Missie on Saturday. As Cora and Lyndsay have already said Missie was a delight. She loved getting in the car and heading out on her adventure. It was lovely just to have time to have cuddles with Missie. When she used to be at Godstone kennels I was able to spend time with Missie in her kennel after a walk and have cuddles but I am unable to do this at Gatwick, so I made sure I got my Missie fix on Saturday! thumbs.gif She loves cuddles and it was great to be able to fuss her.
m8.jpg
m1.jpg
m2.jpg
m3.jpg
m4.jpg
m5.jpg
m6.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:14 pm

It was glorious weather yesterday, the sun shone on Missie's glossy coat. We loved the weather, but our lovely black beauty was disappointed at the low puddle count!

In seriousness actually, Missie is never disappointed. In fact we were saying yesterday how she has such a sunny outlook. Given that she has been waiting a while now for a forever home and has so much love to give, she never seems down or as if kennel life is getting to her. She has a zest for life and a big smile. She simply wants a good walk and some people to share her affection with. I find her positivity inspiring considering everything she has on her plate (/in her dog bowl).

In fact she is quite a big goofball I would say. Her vibe is fun and laid back on our walks with a huge smile. Her silhouette was really amusing yesterday. You can tell her mood from her shape. The shadow she cast on the pavement was of a cheery girl, a big smile and enjoying her exercise and loving her human friends.

I really love being with her and enjoy showing her off to people we meet. She is always so good with other dogs and this week greeted an elderly Labrador with a gentle approach and a kind 'hello' sniff. She is always keen to meet new people and especially men! She loves the chaps the most. It's really sweet.

Here are some pics from a glorious sunny walk with little miss sunshine herself
IMG_1074.JPG
Bring me sunshine, in your smile...
IMG_1075.JPG
Loving the affection so much she can't keep her eyes open!

CoraMc

Post by CoraMc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:11 am

Missie is quite the heart worm; she knows when she's going out for a walk and who her regular friends are. When she sees you, especially if you so much as look at her harness, Missie runs to the back of her pen, calling for you and dancing, ready for her walk. She's a smart girl; we got into a great routine where she would dance out of her kennel once we opened the door into the next pen and she'd be straight into her harness head first. She now has learnt if she does a 'dab' (because Missie is that 'down with the kids), duck her head slightly to miss the harness, she can the get more cuddles and play time. But then she settles to be harnessed and off we go.

Missie loves boys' company (flirt she is) and wins over the men she meets with big cuddles and kisses, plus a quick skim of their pockets for treats!

Missie would benefit from being part of a loving home where she can be part of all that goes on, gets lots of exercise and can settle with affection. Love her so much!

CoraMc

Post by CoraMc » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:18 pm

To know Missie is to love her! She has a big circle of friends and builds real trust in those around her, welcoming them with a funny loud noise as if saying 'come see meeeee!!'

Missie is a large girlie, who doesn't always know her own strength but her intentions are always good! She brightens my day whenever I see and walk her and her affection is totally disarming. It's her turn for a forever home, so her time.

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:18 pm

I have really enjoyed walking Missie on a Saturday. Once she knows you she is a big softy. She would still need a strong person to walk her and ideally a man (just cos she loves men!). I am sure there is a forever home that would love a big strong girl to have fun with!
mis2.jpg
mis3.jpg
Pretty girlie
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:57 pm

I got Missie cuddles today :smiley-gen132.gif:
IMG_5756.JPG
I got to say hi as she enjoyed an extra long walk with Stuart and some relax time whilst sharing his lunch (not sure there was much sharing, Missie enjoyed most of it !!!)

Here's Missie with Stuart...
IMG_5757.JPG
IMG_5758.JPG
Lovely girl love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:01 pm

A couple more pics of this lovely lady love4.gif
DSC04053.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Stu

Post by Stu » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Hilbre and I walked Missie and Peggy-Sue together and they both got on fine. Missie had her usual dips in the stream nearly taking me with her in her natural exuberance and love of water.
Attachments
IMG_3476.JPG
IMG_3473.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Now living at the kennels I have focused on Missie since end of April. She gets time in the paddock every evening: She used to in the past but they had difficulty getting her back in. Yes its true Missie is intelligent and will work out her tactics to avoid going back into her kennel. Over the last 6 weeks we have worked in very nicely together. She is given the control...its after the kennels are shut so its up to her when she walks through the door and back into her kennel. We have had nights when she is running away and then flying towards me grabbing my arm with her mouth and sometimes in the face of it, it can get scary: HOWEVER I have taken it and not reacted and actually she has never harmed me though teeth were felt. As we have progressed the ragging has become less and it was afterall just the naughty puppy in her, not harm delivered or given. Engaging with her, the trust bond is there and she has the excitement and knows I will continue to engage and relate kindly and expect the same respect from her.

I introduced SarahW to the paddock session today: I had witnessed the worst she could throw at me in her excitement and the built up frustrated kennel energy had definitely dissipated over time. Yes Missie was mouthy especially with SarahW who she adores but she had control and was basically in a very loving frame of mind and demeanour.

My approach is not to manipulate with treats etc...I form a relationship and work with the being.

Later we took Missie into the large paddock and she smooched around, had a good feed on grass (Dogs know the different grasses they are not all to make them sick many have important nutriments in which supplement their diet) and very willingly came back towards her kennels after about 30 minutes and went in.

Missie has come a long way in 6 weeks he energy is far more relaxed and we are meeting Missie who first came into us before kennel stress got the better of her. Gentle (and occasionally mischievous) Missie is back

Lynds

Post by Lynds » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Missie has some advice for everyone who is a little hot under the (dog) collar this week with the heatwave.

If in doubt....

DUNK!!!!
IMG_1567.jpg
Find a stream and live the dream!

Stu

Post by Stu » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 pm

We took Missie to the seaside for the day yesterday which she enjoyed as usual although it was a bit too hot. We chose the day because because the forecast was for it to be cloudy all day but that was wrong and it was hot and sunny so it was lots of drinks and wet towels to keep Missie cool. Missie shared my lunch and had the lion's share of it.
P1030851.jpg
As always she was excellent in the car and knows when she is near and which hut is ours.

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:51 am

Missie loves her time in the paddock every evening and sometimes mornings as well. Well never more than when there is another dog the other side of the fence. She meets greets and plays with them so I tend to leave her longer as she has such a beneficial effect on the other dogs. I heard her playing and ran out but it had reached a lull but this will give you a sense...she is meeting Dylan and you can see Dylan is looking for her affections

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Return to “1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS”