Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Missie1.jpg
Missie's Story: Missie was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed in a council pound in November 2014. We rehomed Missie in a family with children in May 2015, but she came back onto our books in January 2016, when her family's landlord had objections. Missie is chipped, spayed and fully vaccinated. Missie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

Missie is a Labrador x Staffie, who readily displays bull breed affection and friendship. Missie would prefer to be an only dog within a secure family, however we would consider rehoming her with another friendly dog, provided the owners are experienced and willing to give the dogs time to settle with each other. Missie would be happier with visiting children, as she needs a lot of attention to positively employ her energy; however, we will consider homes with dog-savvy, older children. Missie is so friendly; she is a little bouncy when she is greeting or when excited, but is easy managed and calmed. Missie is dog friendly, and loves people too. Missie needs an active lifestyle, and would benefit from further training to engage and stimulate her mind.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Missie2.jpg
Missie3.jpg
Missie03.JPG
Missy.JPG
Missie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Adam in Broxbourne asked us to take Missie into our Rescue and prepare her and find her her new family. We were delighted to do so.

Missie travelled as my front passenger today. Truly wonderful girl...who just needs to be reminded you are on the end of her lead when she gushes forwards with enthusiasm to meet and greet!
xxlynne

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Missie was spayed today. She travelled in the front with me this morning soon settling. On collection from our vets she was wobbly on her pegs and lay with her head on my lap for the majority of the journey to the kennels.
LilyBlu

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Uckfield Temp foster

Post by LilyBlu »

Missie's first day with us.... I went to pick her up and received an exuberant welcome from her, delighted to see Sarahk and myself, she happily walked out to the car where she expressed her preference for the front seat, which unfortunately for her is a sports seat, so perhaps not the best choice, but sat happily watching the world past by her window, bless her, she must of been wondering where she was off to next! Calmly drove past other dogs out for their walks, mums with prams, the occasional cyclist, only the horses really caught her attention but then she watched quietly....
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Lovely to see you again Chelsea, and lovely to re-aquaint with Missie too :D
Last time I saw Missy was before Xmas when I took some photo's up at Broxbourne, she was lovely then but even more lovely now, much more confident and as Lynne & Chelsea have said, enthusiastically gushing in her welcome and love of people :biggrin.gif:
I'm sure she's thoroughly enjoying some home comforts, thanks Chelsea.

Here's Missie before Xmas with her best friend Ryan...
DSC00308.JPG
DSC00292.JPG
DSC00288.JPG
DSC00303.JPG
DSC00294.JPG
DSC00287.JPG
DSC00291.JPG
DSC00306.JPG
DSC00275.JPG
DSC00307.JPG
Lovely girl, welcome into the heart of Rescue Remedies Missie darling girl :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu »

Missile says hi to all of her friends! She's currently lying on my feet chewing her bone, went for a gentle walk on the Ashdown Forest as she'd requested earlier today, where her Labrador genes were fully functioning, having to explore every little scent!

Once indoors again, couldn't work out whether it was the Staffy or the lab, she displays characteristics of both, she's got lovely big Labrador paws, with slim staffy legs, so to me she looks like she's got mini slippers on, cute!

Have been taking shots via the iPad, but can't seem to get them loaded.... File too big! Any ideas how to overcome this, not getting a sizing option via iPad...?!

Oh and snores....sounds like she's sawing wood....so funny!
LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu »

Trying to resize the photos, this will probably arrive the size of my thumb!
Me and my bone! (Missie is a very good girl around food, not possessive
Me and my bone! (Missie is a very good girl around food, not possessive
LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu »

Me in the kitchen yesterday, waiting ..... Chicken and Rice... Yummy......
Missie45.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Missie heading off to foster on friday :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
"Ready now, let's be off chauffeur !!!"
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu »

Update from Missie's weekend with us.....

She is completely house trained, when she needs to go out will sit next to the back door and keep looking at you until you get the message, zero accidents since she arrived!

She is a young girl, a bit of a teenager, so can be a bit a challenge trying to balance her bouncy nature, especially as she needs to burn off some of that youthful energy, having been spayed on Thursday she's not allowed to; so have a few teenage moments with her, she's having us both dredging up memories of working with young exuberant dogs, that had nearly been forgotten, Luisa said we'd be learn from fostering, it's like going back to school!! :D

We have needed to focus on ensuring she knows some boundaries, which I believe would be easier if she was able to have a good run around after a ball or three, being a Staffy Labrador cross she could happily play and run around all day long, so it is hard for her not being able to do that.

She's responding well to having those boundaries, some one has clearly put time and effort into her, she is very loving and affectionate, last night she was completely relaxed, passed out on the floor against the sofa, either on my feet or Andy's.

And everybody got a good night sleep last night, Missie settled down and slept on her own in the kitchen, Andy managed a bed instead of a sofa; only a tea towel, a shoe and one of the cats pillows were moved in protest, not chewed however, just re-arranged!!
LilyBlu

Post by LilyBlu »

Missie's weekend....

Missie is a gorgeous young dog, full of life, just wants to be loved, and after 4 days with her we adore her, she has built a bond with us in that short time.

She sleeps through the night, with a little whining then she settles, moves a few things in protest, but didn't chew anything!!

She loves to be close to you, leans against you most of the time

Adores long walks, wants to meet everyone and their dogs, very curious about horses and barked at cattle...

Wants to chase squirrels, sat staring out at the garden watching them with her nose pressed on the glass....

Her labrador side loves to work sniffing out rabbits, and she goes fast and strong, boy she can pull....

Bearing in mind she had been on a lead all the time post her spay, she wants control of her lead so if you stop for a breather, she'll grab for it and try to wrestle control, typical of the her Staffy side....

Likes asparagus, can't figure out who'd eat broccoli....wants some of everything you're having if she can!.

We'd have her in a heartbeat, if she could live with my cat, but think that may be a bit ambitious, I had a few tears when we dropped her off once back in the car, she's a very special girl...we do love her

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”