Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Heathfield

Dogs that have found their forever home
Stu

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Stu »

If proof were needed of how excellent Missie is with other dogs she shared a bowl of water with Buster yesterday and at one stage they were actually drinking out of it together.
Stu

Post by Stu »

P1030991.jpg
We took Missie yesterday for a day at the seaside and had a lovely day in the sunshine. Missie travels very well and as usual knows when she is getting near the sea and her excitement mounts. Although it is almost a year since she was last at the beach Missie recognises our beach hut and makes herself at home after a drink. We had 2 long walks with lunch in between which Missie shared with us and seemed particularly keen on the ham sandwich.
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

How lovely! Thanks Stu!

I love hearing about missie’s beach days! I bet she has the BEST time with you on her long walks and treasuring a full day of affection.

It’s crazy, I miss her and it’s only been five days since I last gave her a cuddle.

She is such a gem and people are really missing out on the chance to have her affections every day. It can’t be long to wait, I feel like people will clock on soon. we don’t make this stuff up people! Missie really is a wonderful dog and a fun and loving friend for you to have!

My contribution is to stick in some photos from my personal Missie collection
Enjoying a new season in the stream.
Enjoying a new season in the stream.
SHAKE! It’s a Missie blur
SHAKE! It’s a Missie blur
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Kim and I walked Missie today and a medium sized walk was had. Missie found the walk quite hot today so we kept her off the tarmac as much as possible. Missie is a graceful lady and walks in an elegant way. She is a charm to be with and showers you with affection and if you look at her beautiful eyes she will win you over.
We stopped in the shade now and then to let her cool down
Thank you for a relaxed walk Missie, you really are a star.
20180506_121751.jpg
20180506_121808(0).jpg
20180506_121810(0).jpg
Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas »

Missie is a star who's warmth and affection is a joy to encounter.
We set off for our walk today and this lady was tested by circumstance throughout our walk. She met every trigger situation with calmness and overcame all of them, with style. Today she swaggered with confidence and I had the most relaxing walk of the day with her.
At one point a rather irate squirrel jumped down from a tree a stood in our path. It then proceeded to make those weird squeaky noises that they do. What was Missie's reaction? She just stared at it until it climbed back up the tree. Missie let out a big sigh then calmly walked on.
What a star this dog is.
Thank you Missie for a relaxed walk.
20180513_115656.jpg
Missie calmly looks at the squirrel.
20180513_115808.jpg
She makes sure it's gone.
Stu

Post by Stu »

A plea from the heart for Missie. Please consider her if you are looking to home a lovely big dog. I have walked Missie four days a week for a long time now and over the past months she has behaved consistently well not just with me but with others who walk her regularly. She also often walks with other dogs of all types and sizes with absolutely no problem and she seems to exercise a calming influence over them. Like a lot of large dogs Missie does need firm control but she is very intelligent and responds well to consistent handling. She is a dog with lots of love to give she just needs the right opportunity to shine in a loving home.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the honour of walking missietoday and what a lovely walk we had. This girl is just amazing and totally wasted in kennels. Whilst she is slightly on the rotund side at opresent she is not and overly large dog more short lab size but with a staffie square head. She sat patiently whilst we harnessed up in her bedroom and then we were off. Whilst missie likes to be in front she doesn’t pull and has a nice sniff. We had a little paddle in the stream which she seemed to like but then she wanted to get back to it so off we went. Missie is just a joy. She listens, walks lovely and is just gorgeous. She did let me know that she wasn’t happy about having to go back to her bedroom but once there we had a lovely cuddle and some sausage. I really don’t know what else to say about missie except she will make someone the most amazing, little companion.
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So another Saturday and another chance to spend some time with this gorgeous girl. Missie is a real stunner and she knows it 0002.gif] as usual she was very pleased to be going out and was a bit bouncy on entering her kennel but like a good girl once the harness slips over her head she waits nicely for you to do it up and clip leads on and then is ready at the door to go. Off we went for a lovely walk, generally missie is a lovely walker, she doesn’t pull and walks calmly having a nice sniff. She does like to throw a random role in every now and again and have a good squirm around on her back but then we are up again and off. Missie is a biggish girl. Not overly tall but a bit of a lump and perhaps could do with losing a few pounds but she is a loyal girl, who once she knows you loves you with all her heart. love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

So I couldn’t resist my last walk of the day being missie. As usual I was treated with a warm welcome as I entered her room. Like the pro she is she helped me put her harness on by popping her head straight through the hole and then st ding nice and still why I clipped her in and attached the leads. Then off we went. As the paddock was free I thought I’d tak the opportunity to give Missie a bit of roaming time. No sooner than the gate was shut, off she went bouncing around like a loon showing me how happy she was to be out and free. All of a sudden though I found my feet pinned to the floor as Missie had come to snuggle in and sit on my feet for a lovely tickle and to show me how affectionate she is with so,e nice kisses. Missie loves a cuddle nd I think if you were prepared to she would literally sit all day by your side have a fuss. After taking a seat on the steps missie again snuggled right into my legs, getting as close as she possibly could. She really does love human contact. We just sat there watching the world go by for quite a while but eventually I told we had to go for a walk as her waistline really needs it. In true Missie fashion she got very excited by this idea and did get rather overcited. Unfortunately an excited missie is a force to be reckoned with and so we had a few minutes of silliness and jumping, charging, ragging the lead until she calmed down and then off we went for a nice stroll. Missie walks well on lead, she doesn’t really pull and just walks happily along sniffing in the scenery. I can’t lie missie does have a moo side to her but above all she is just a living, happy girl who just desperately needs an understanding person to come long nd fall in love with her like so many of us walkers have. I am convinced that once in a home and settled, with a good routine she will make an incredibly loyal friend. Missie moo we do so love you love4.gif
AAECF58F-7412-45BD-8DB7-5E96BF60C5EA.jpeg
Stu

Post by Stu »

Another lovely day at the seaside with Missie and believe it on not we pretty much had the beach all to ourselves. Following the usual ritual Missie located our hut and waited for us to open up so she could have a drink then off we went for our first long walk in the direction of Littlehampton then back for a spot of lunch before setting off again in the other direction. Missie and I shared lunch of Marmite sandwiches and crisps both of which she seems to quite like. Missie travels very well in the car and is unreactive to any loose dogs she meets when walking and there are often lots on the beach.
thumbnail_WP_20180824_12_40_05_Pro.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”