Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Rescue Remedies dogs available for homing/awaiting adoption

Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:29 pm

Current Status: Available

Missie03.JPG

Missie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Missie was found stray/ abandoned and unclaimed in Nov 2014. Missie was chipped, spayed and fully vaccinated. Missie was homed with children in May 15 and came back on to our books in January 16 due to landlord's instruction. Missie would like to be an only dog with a secure family. Would be happier with visiting children as still needs a lot of focus and training to employ and settle her energy. Missie is in boarding kennels in Gatwick

About Missie: Missie is sooo friendly, a little bouncy when she is greeting or excited but is easy managed and calmed. Missie is dog friendly and could share her with another friendly dog. Loves people too and provided Missie has an active lifestyle and further training she could live with dog experienced children as she has no edge.

Missie is a Labrador x Staffie with the bull breed affection and friendship. Missie is 3 years old. Bouncy, affirmative and settling as she matures; large dogs are puppies for 3 years!

Visit Missie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Missy.JPG

Missie's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral:Adam in Broxbourne asked us to take Missie into our Rescue and prepare her and find her her new family. We were delighted to do so.

Missie travelled as my front passenger into Chessington today. Truly wonderful girl...who just needs to be reminded you are on the end of her lead when she gushes forwards with enthusiasm to meet and greet!
xxlynne

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Chessington Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Missie was spayed today. She travelled in the front with me this morning soon settling. On collection from our vets she was wobbly on her pegs and lay with her head on my lap for the majority of the journey to the kennels.
xxlynne

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Uckfield Temp foster

Postby LilyBlu » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Missie's first day with us.... I went to pick her up and received an exuberant welcome from her, delighted to see Sarahk and myself, she happily walked out to the car where she expressed her preference for the front seat, which unfortunately for her is a sports seat, so perhaps not the best choice, but sat happily watching the world past by her window, bless her, she must of been wondering where she was off to next! Calmly drove past other dogs out for their walks, mums with prams, the occasional cyclist, only the horses really caught her attention but then she watched quietly....
LilyBlu

Postby Deborah » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:55 pm

So glad missie has gone into post spay foster. She has a very similar face to Dixie. I wish I could offer a post spay foster place and I was sad to read missie had gone into kennels after her op. Thank you
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.
Deborah

Postby Sarahk » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Lovely to see you again Chelsea, and lovely to re-aquaint with Missie too :D
Last time I saw Missy was before Xmas when I took some photo's up at Broxbourne, she was lovely then but even more lovely now, much more confident and as Lynne & Chelsea have said, enthusiastically gushing in her welcome and love of people :biggrin.gif:
I'm sure she's thoroughly enjoying some home comforts, thanks Chelsea.

Here's Missie before Xmas with her best friend Ryan...

DSC00308.JPG
DSC00292.JPG
DSC00288.JPG
DSC00303.JPG
DSC00294.JPG
DSC00287.JPG
DSC00291.JPG
DSC00306.JPG
DSC00275.JPG
DSC00307.JPG

Lovely girl, welcome into the heart of Rescue Remedies Missie darling girl :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby LilyBlu » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Missile says hi to all of her friends! She's currently lying on my feet chewing her bone, went for a gentle walk on the Ashdown Forest as she'd requested earlier today, where her Labrador genes were fully functioning, having to explore every little scent!

Once indoors again, couldn't work out whether it was the Staffy or the lab, she displays characteristics of both, she's got lovely big Labrador paws, with slim staffy legs, so to me she looks like she's got mini slippers on, cute!

Have been taking shots via the iPad, but can't seem to get them loaded.... File too big! Any ideas how to overcome this, not getting a sizing option via iPad...?!

Oh and snores....sounds like she's sawing wood....so funny!
LilyBlu

Postby LilyBlu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:35 am

Trying to resize the photos, this will probably arrive the size of my thumb!

Missie23.jpg
Me and my bone! (Missie is a very good girl around food, not possessive
LilyBlu

Postby LilyBlu » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:46 am

Me in the kitchen yesterday, waiting ..... Chicken and Rice... Yummy......

Missie45.jpg
LilyBlu

Postby Sarahk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 am

Missie heading off to foster on friday :biggrin.gif:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
"Ready now, let's be off chauffeur !!!"
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Postby LilyBlu » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:33 am

Update from Missie's weekend with us.....

She is completely house trained, when she needs to go out will sit next to the back door and keep looking at you until you get the message, zero accidents since she arrived!

She is a young girl, a bit of a teenager, so can be a bit a challenge trying to balance her bouncy nature, especially as she needs to burn off some of that youthful energy, having been spayed on Thursday she's not allowed to; so have a few teenage moments with her, she's having us both dredging up memories of working with young exuberant dogs, that had nearly been forgotten, Luisa said we'd be learn from fostering, it's like going back to school!! :D

We have needed to focus on ensuring she knows some boundaries, which I believe would be easier if she was able to have a good run around after a ball or three, being a Staffy Labrador cross she could happily play and run around all day long, so it is hard for her not being able to do that.

She's responding well to having those boundaries, some one has clearly put time and effort into her, she is very loving and affectionate, last night she was completely relaxed, passed out on the floor against the sofa, either on my feet or Andy's.

And everybody got a good night sleep last night, Missie settled down and slept on her own in the kitchen, Andy managed a bed instead of a sofa; only a tea towel, a shoe and one of the cats pillows were moved in protest, not chewed however, just re-arranged!!
LilyBlu

Postby LilyBlu » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Missie's weekend....

Missie is a gorgeous young dog, full of life, just wants to be loved, and after 4 days with her we adore her, she has built a bond with us in that short time.

She sleeps through the night, with a little whining then she settles, moves a few things in protest, but didn't chew anything!!

She loves to be close to you, leans against you most of the time

Adores long walks, wants to meet everyone and their dogs, very curious about horses and barked at cattle...

Wants to chase squirrels, sat staring out at the garden watching them with her nose pressed on the glass....

Her labrador side loves to work sniffing out rabbits, and she goes fast and strong, boy she can pull....

Bearing in mind she had been on a lead all the time post her spay, she wants control of her lead so if you stop for a breather, she'll grab for it and try to wrestle control, typical of the her Staffy side....

Likes asparagus, can't figure out who'd eat broccoli....wants some of everything you're having if she can!.

We'd have her in a heartbeat, if she could live with my cat, but think that may be a bit ambitious, I had a few tears when we dropped her off once back in the car, she's a very special girl...we do love her
LilyBlu

Re: Missie Labrador x Staffie DOB 2013 Godstone Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:26 pm

We are all sooo grateful especially Missie. She has waited 4 months to have post spay support...she can now go on for her final preparation for homing. Thank you
xxlynne

Next

Return to 1. RESCUE REMEDIES / OTHER BREEDS