Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Norbury London

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Norbury London

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Edie3.jpg
Edie needs:- a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Edie is gaining confidence all the time but does need to settle with dogs around the kennels, better when away from kennels. We are looking for large dog experience to steer her and become her anchor of faith. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Edie was handed in with her partner a Cane Corso, both in an extreme state of neglect. Edie needed an involved bowel operation to repair a prolapse which may have resulted from malnutrition. We saved both from being put to sleep, Brian was homed and Edie in boarding kennels in Godstone awaiting a responsible family.

About Edie: Edie is gentle with humans and has lived with a Cane Corso & Chihuahua but no guarantee on pairing so probably better as an only dog until fully settled. Needs low dog density and loves to roll & play so garden would mean a great deal to her mentally & emotionally. Edie has to build further confidence but soon settles beyond the kennels: Is apprehensive within the kennel environment hence we are so grateful to her fosterer.

Edie is a large American Bulldog/ Olde Tyme Bulldog. She has regained full health and made a complete recovery post spay and bowel surgery. We need her owner to be confident in their management skills with large dogs and to support her as she continues to gain confidence outside of the home. Edie meets well with a lot of interest but can get concerned if challenged by a nervous or threatening dog. Edie travels well preferably as front passenger. Not for cats.

Visit Edie's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Edie7.jpg
Edie78.jpg
Edie5.jpg
Edie's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral: 1.30 Edie arrived yesterday and is an extreme state of neglect she also has a rectal prolapse. Dog warden wants to put her to sleep this afternoon as the vets bills will prove too expensive. Please can you help we have until 3.30 to make a decision Mx ADM
Eadie6.jpg
Eadie.jpg
Eadie5.jpg
We stopped the euthanasia and discussed her with our vet. We are taking her in tomorrow
xxlynne

Re: Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

OK prepare yourselves for the before pictures...didnt know until I met our vet this afternoon whether he could save her. I have sent him a video and pictures last night to prepare him and his response was "We are going to have to do major surgery" which gave me hope

Our vulnerable Edie new into her kennel..when she overcame her nerves on recognition of me she smothered me and would not let me out the door she was so desperate.

The sad state our Edie is in currently
Ediearrival.jpg
Prolapsed rectum
Edie35.jpg
Edie57.jpg
Mark our vet has said this is quite recent. He pushed it all back inside her whilst i cuddled her and she was glancing back as if to say I hope you know what you are doing. Mark has kept her in the surgery tonight and is going to operate tomorrow as well as spaying her. John Fowle is going to offer her recovery as he does so well!
johnfowle

Re: Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Tunbridge Wells Recovery

Post by johnfowle »

I picked up a very sleepy Edie this afternoon, she having been spayed and her prolapsed bowel sewn into the body wall to prevent it from popping out again. When she had been given her "pre-med" earlier in the day and calmed down, the prolapse went back of its own accord....it appears to be caused as a result of her nervous disposition....she is, indeed, a very frightened big girl. But there is good news....she has eaten her first meal of chicken with boiled rice with great gusto and I received a little wag of her long tail as a "thank you".

She is, probably, the most underweight dog I have taken in....it is always a temptation to give dogs in this condition very large meals, but little and often is the way to go....especially so since she has had major surgery on her intestines.

She is sleeping soundly at the moment in the warm kitchen....I hope she will soon realise that she is beginning a new LIFE with people who will love and respect her.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Our gratitude is with our Vet Mark amazing man who gives his ALL to his calling to help needy animals.

A major and very complex operation today...hats off to Mark who does our dogs proud. We could not do the work we do without his dedication and ongoing support.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Edie has had two short walks today and met her walkers with a wagging tail and a smile. She has eaten her meals with great enthusiasm and would eat much more, if given the opportunity, but not yet!! And, by the way, the surgery has been tested on two occasions and seems to be holding firm. But food producing little residue is essential for the time being, to give the healing process the time needed to bind the edges together.

She will make some lucky person a great companion....she is obviously so affectionate and her initial uncertainty seems to be a thing of the past.
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

I've said before when we've had dogs here arriving in poor condition how quickly they progress....well, Tracey in going to post some photos of Edie taken on her first morning here and lots of her just two days later....I will let them speak for themselves.

She is eating like a horse; she has five or six meals a day....sometimes it's scrambled eggs and white rice, sometimes of course it's chicken or white fish with the rice and, today, her special "doggy Complan" arrived to supplement the main meals. Already, there is no doubt that she is gaining weight and, with the exercise she now enjoys, most of that extra is going to be muscle.

The whole of her tail wags continuously and, when she is walking, she holds it erect....what a transformation!!! She bounds down the hall to welcome her walker and, if her walker has a ball she's in her element chasing after it but, sadly, refusing to give it up!!!!

She is rather vocal, and is encouraged to be so by Benson from the other end of the house. And she is strong on the lead....perhaps just excited at being offered a second chance in LIFE. I don't know what she is like with other dogs yet....she is too strong for me to introduce her to the others in the front sitting room by myself.

A couple of days ago she was a naughty girl...there were two unopened boxes of chocolates on the table in her sitting/bed room. She completely devoured the ones I would have eaten and, although she opened the other box, left the contents of liqueur chocolates completely untouched (I don't drink at all, so I wouldn't have been too upset if they had gone.) There's not much actual chocolate in a box of chocolates, so I wasn't unduly concerned and Edie doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects.

In my previous "post" I said what a great dog Edie is going to be....I can only repeat that....a lovely, lovely dog....full of fun and affection.
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

and here are Tracey's photos, what a difference a couple of days make :)
Edie2.jpg
Edie8.jpg
Edie3 (1).jpg
Edie7.jpg
edie4.jpg
edie5.jpg
edie8.jpg
edie6.jpg
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

A couple more selfies from Tracey
edie9.jpg
edie10.jpg
SarahW

Re: Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Godstone Kennels

Post by SarahW »

Zoe and I met Edie yesterday. She is much bigger than I realised! :) Wow this girl is tall and strong with it! We took her to the paddock for a game of football which she loved. She was nervous of us both in her kennel but it was different story in the paddock, she made friends with us both and had cuddles and strokes. She really is a stunning girl with a very cute face, her delight when chasing the football was wonderful to see. :biggrin.gif:
Edie1.jpg
Edie2.jpg
Edie3.jpg
Edie4.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
johnfowle

Re: Edie Am Bull DOB 2011 Godstone Kennels

Post by johnfowle »

Thank you so much Sarah and Zoe for giving the delightful Edie time in the paddock. She went out for one hour on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and for two hours on the other days, so it's hardly surprising that she is strong. But she was off lead for much of the time in the woods so her strength was not an issue.

But she is a lovely dog in every other way, so affectionate and full of fun and enthusiasm.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”