Harry Labrador x Staffie DOB 2012 Chichester, West Sussex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Harry Labrador x Staffie DOB 2012 Chichester, West Sussex

Postby xxlynne » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Current Status: Homed

Harry39.jpg

Harry needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Harry deserves a good quality diet, and a family who accept he is naturally strong on the lead, as being his only issue, be it lessening with more exposure to opportunities and walks. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Known background: Harry was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Harry's life. Harry is now neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Harry is currently in boarding kennels in Godstone.

About Harry: Harry is a sweetie. Larger than a Staffie he has a Labrador feel to him, with a zest for life and walking. Keen to get away from his kennel but learning to move to a slower tempo and pace himself to his handler, but yes he can pull on onset. Harry is house trained. Harry meets other dogs well including off lead dogs. Harry will exchanged calm sniffing introductions with them all. Harry will need the chance to build more confidence once he has a permanent home. Harry learns quick and engages with his handler/ owner. Travels well though a little concern initially as passenger but relaxes into the journey

Harry is a small black brindle Labrador sized Staffie...that is the best to describe him. He is about 2 year old though arrived with a dull coat and you suspect he hasn't had the best of care. Harry has been on a 3 meal a diet regime with the best of raw food and it has made a remarkable difference to his coat and demeanour. In the house Harry is amazingly calm. Will try to surf worktops, as any long term kennelled dog would do on entry! Responds to "down" and "off". Good boy, handsome boy good good boy!

Visit Harry's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Harry2.jpg
Harry22.JPG
Harry3.jpg
Harry29.jpg

Harry's Thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral Details: Hello, I have this entire male staffie cross , black with white patch.
Looks about 2 years old, very strong (much larger than a normal staffie). Dog friendly. His last day is Friday 17th October

Harry1.JPG
Harry.JPG

We have saved Harry. He came out of the pound today quite wary. He sat in the front passenger seat and was curious and gradually we developed a close bond over our 35 mins journey together. I managed to get a little lick... :oops: Safe now and we will begin to offer you what you need dear boy..but at the moment safe with Adam
xxlynne

Re: Harry Labrador x Staffie DOB 2012 Broxbourne Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Harry went to the vets yesterday for his first vaccination. He travelled well in a crate and didn't react to Rocky in the front but so wanted to get out of the crate when the door began to open. He did however listen to my voice as there was no way he was leaving the crate before I adorned a harness on him. In the vet he weighed 26 Kgms. His temperament shone out and he obliged the very strange prods and pocks only vets will do in quite intimate places. The odd lick was offered to the vet in case this helped the proceedings...yes it did kindly Harry!

Love this boy so pleased we helped him and he will be truly loved by the lucky family who come forwards to support him.
xxlynne

Postby marknsal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:11 am

Had a brief meet and greet with Harry just to get a few more pickies which Sal will post later. Lovely friendly dog and looks like if he was crossed with a lab it was a working lab as he has that working energy to him. Will be looking forward to walking him subject to Adams advice on his dog etiquette. Did a really good sit for a treat.
marknsal

Postby marknsal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 pm

Handsome Harry!
20141102_155627.JPG

20141102_155608.JPG

20141102_155539.JPG

20141102_155522.JPG

20141102_155504.JPG
marknsal

Re: Harry Labrador x Staffie DOB 2012 Godstone Kenns

Postby xxlynne » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:09 am

Thank you Markandsal

Harry was neutered today. He was barked at by a dog in the car and he just looked and turned his back! Harry had a wonderful run in the rabbit paddock afterwards and impressed everyone with his perfect sits for treats on meeting Debbie and Pattie the kennel staffie. He is loved by all and tonight settling in his soft bed to sleep it all off. He is on 3 meals a day and starting his panacur 7 day lungworm treatment as all Godstone dogs receive. Wonderful dog who hasnt been given much love in the past as is shy to accept, but snuggles up as if he is discovering love for the first time in his life...Have a good feel Harry will fly out into a family oh what a lucky family they will be.

Everyone is thinking he is a smaller version of Charlie ..the same jouley Labrador noble head
xxlynne

Postby Chapmania » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Had my first walk today with our gorgeous Harry. A very friendly boy. He is a strong boy but responds really well to commands. Harry loved his free time in the paddock, running around burning off some energy. He was a very good boy on his walk, taking a keen interest in his surroundings. A couple of magpies caught his eye as they were hopping around. He stopped in his tracks watching them. :)
Harry is going to bring so much joy to a home. Could it be yours? :crossfingers.gif:
Chapmania

Postby martinaalistair » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:34 pm

What a beautiful boy, for a second there I thought I clicked on Nathan's thread!!! We were wondering what was Nathan crossed with, now I am thinking Labrador as he could be Harry's twin - just different colour. Hope Harry's forever home comes soon. :crossfingers.gif:
martinaalistair

Postby Taras mummy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:22 pm

I have just come home from the kennels after meeting this boy for the first time...what can I say but WOW, what a little charmer, really gentle and VERY trainable, he is intelligent and already has lots of basic commands in place, we played in the paddock and he thought the launcher for the ball was the object to play with and after I was using it to throw the ball he quickly picked up the fact that it was just a means to get the ball further and after the command 'leave' he happily left it and learnt very quickly how the game 'worked' . I am very surprised that I didn't end up bringing him home....... what a good boy he is .
Taras mummy

Postby xxlynne » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:08 am

Harry travelled front seat as my navigator today as we sped forwards to honour an appointment with our vet. Harry was 2nd vaccinated. He was swift to manoeuvre out of reach when the vet tried to check for stitches. In the end Mark our vet confirmed no stitches to remove to Harry's relief!
xxlynne

Postby SarahW » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Well I was Tim's assistant yesterday getting some formal photos of the gorgeous Harry. I have only met him once before but this boy is a delight. He gave me a lovely welcome in his kennel 'Hi how have you been, oh you have come to take me out, brilliant!" he acted like I was a long lost friend such is this boy's happy demeanor. Harry was also a brilliant photographic subject being 1) stunning and 2) very good at doing what was needed to get his photos taken and cleaning me out of treats in the process - clever lad!

I then joined him and Martin for a walk while I has Bryn. These boys seemed to really enjoy each other's company. We even went for a mad run through the field all four of us (me being the most unfit of the group was the slowest) and the two dogs were just beaming even in the rain and long grass! Harry is a cracker!

Now my photos are not a patch on Tim's but have a look anyways! :biggrin.gif:

Harry1.jpg
Harry2.jpg
HarryandBryn.jpg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby Tim » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:18 am

A few piccy's of the oh so friendly Harry:
harry2.jpg

harry.jpg

harry1.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

untitled-4.jpg
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Taras mummy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 pm

I walked Harry today and I am smitten.... I LOVE THIS BOY !!!!!! , he loves his walks and is a lovely companion ,soft hearted and totally friendly .. and oh did I say HANDSOME TOO ... :!: :!: :!: :!:
Taras mummy

Next

Return to Dogs Rehomed