Gladys Bull Mastiff DOB 2011 Launton Oxon

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes

Gladys Bull Mastiff DOB 2011 Launton Oxon

Postby xxlynne » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Current Status: Homed

Gladys15.jpg

Gladys needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Gladys was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save her life, after she had been rejected on her last day by a Bull Mastiff breeder because of her limp in her back right leg. This was investigated by 2 independent senior vets whose advice to reduce her weight from 57 kilos to 52, and to prescribe painkillers for a short interim period. Gladys has now lost this weight and has built muscle in her back legs. Gladys was homed for a few months but owners return due to their asthma. Gladys is now in kennels in Godstone and has weekend foster as an only dog.

About Gladys: Formal advert not written yet

Visit Gladys's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Gladys99.jpg
Gladys36.jpg
Gladys88.jpg

See Gladys's Thread Below. Watch her progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: "I have this female mastiff. Very friendly, actually very calm in the kennels. She was ok when I took her out for walks in the park and seemed to be reacting better to dogs compare than when in the kennels. Her behaviour has since improved. It could be due to her leg. She is very powerful, and once she starts feeling a bit comfortable, she does like to have a play J But she absolutely adores cuddles and could stay laying down for hours whilst I give her cuddles.She seems young, not puppy but maybe about 3 years old. She is shaved as if she has been to the vet, but no scars. Reported her to dog lost under ID 74423 No microchip and no tag or collar. She is being seen today by the vet as she has a limp from her rear leg – right side, she was transferred to North London Pound yesterday and has until the 15/09/2014" dog warden

Gladys4.JPG

Gladys1.JPG
Gladys2.JPG
Gladys3.JPG
Gladys5.JPG

Our friends in AllDogsMatter paid for her to be held until vet session can be arranged. She has now been examined by their vet and our vet. Mark examined her. She has crepitus in her back right knee but the cruciates aren't ruptured. She is now on anti-inflammatories and on a diet to lose 10 kilo gradually. Our vet is running a blood test to check thyroid levels as this can have an impact on the body.

Wow temperament absolutely fab!
xxlynne

Re: Gladys Bull Mastiff DOB 2011 Godstone Kenns

Postby MrsP » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Awesome name for an awesome looking girl!
MrsP

Postby Siz's Mummy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Oh my gosh what a fab looking girlXX
Siz's Mummy

Postby Tim » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

One or two photos of the ever so friendly Gladys - we took her over the paddock for a few photos but before we got there Patti had a quick cuddle:
untitled-2032.jpg

untitled-2035.jpg

Enjoys her back being scratched
untitled-2042.jpg

untitled-2053.jpg

She enjoyed playing with a tennis ball she found
untitled-2047.jpg

She heard a noise behind the shrubbery...
untitled-2050.jpg

and when she spotted it was another dog she so wanted to play with him
untitled-2051.jpg

Rachel described her as a gentle giant - she's so so gentle when taking a treat from you :)
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Chapmania » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

Wow! Gorgeous girl. Can't wait to meet her. :)
Chapmania

Postby staffylevi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:58 am

I do have a bit of a soft sport for a Mastiff and isn't she a beaut!! Loving her name... :biggrin.gif:
Doin' it for the staffies ...
staffylevi

Postby SarahW » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Well Gladys is such a bundle of gorgeousness that I have been waiting to get my chance to walk her. She sat while I harnessed her then gave the cutest wiggles once we were set. We headed to the paddock first so we could get acquainted. She was super excited to be out and about, although at her size this didn't mean more than jumping not very high on the spot and she has quite a wide turning circle! She is so friendly and loves a good cuddle. Yep she is utterly charming and completely adorable. We headed off for our walk and I think her weight caught up with her as the return pace was much slower but she seemed to be loving every minute. Gladys makes you glad no doubt! If you like your dogs big and affectionate this is the girl.

Good-Girl-Galdys. :smiley-gen132.gif:

Glad1.jpg

Check out that smile!
Glad2.jpg

Glad3.jpg

Glad4.jpg

Glad5.jpg
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby SarahW » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

I walked Gladys on Saturday. I got a very enthusiastic welcome in her kennel and when I asked her to sit so I could harness her she did bless her. Gladys is so easy to get in and out of the kennel block with no reaction to the other dogs. half way round on our walk I thought Gladys would appreciate a rest and she immediatley rolled on to her back for a belly rub which she enjoyed. Gladys is great company and she really does make me smile everytime I walk her, such a happy soul!

Glad1.jpg
Glad2.jpg
Glad3.jpg
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.eu/f...lun%20...%20tionnaire/
SarahW

Postby Pegmilly » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 pm

This lovely girl is a gentle giant. She gives the best cuddles and although too big for anyone's lap - she's a lap dog. She loves a fuss and says hello to everyone nicely, if you stroke her though, that's it - she'll plonk down next to you and be your best friend for a cuddle. Adorable girl. Xxx
Gladys.jpg
Pegmilly

Postby Chapmania » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:15 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Gladys today. She is totally adorable and so friendly. The moment you meet her you can't help but fall in love with her. Yet another super girl we have! :smiley-gen132.gif:
Chapmania

Postby chinquest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I have been lucky enough to walk this lovely girl twice this week, both times we headed for the field and she had a lovely run on the long line, today we also went in the rottie paddock where I found her a toy and she showed me her fetch skills. The first throw she took several attempts to pick the toy up but once she'd got the measure of it she was getting it first time every time. Despite her size she loves a good run and is really cute when excited, I think she's been taught not to jump up so she does little jumps on the spot :).
chinquest

Postby Hoonercat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:07 pm

Had our first walk with the lovely squishy Gladys today. She is sooooo lovely, very affectionate and playful and boy does she love a fuss :D

Gladys13.jpg
Gladys12.jpg
Gladys11.jpg
Gladys10.jpg
Gladys9.jpg
Gladys8.jpg
Gladys7.jpg
Gladys6.jpg
Gladys5.jpg
Gladys4.jpg
Gladys3.jpg
Gladys2.jpg