Willow Lurcher DOB 2011 Hythe Southampton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Willow Lurcher DOB 2011 Hythe Southampton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Willow93.JPG
Willow Needs:- a supportive stable family who will offer her ongoing care with an active regime where she is kept safe on a lead to avoid her heightened prey drive gaining expression and consequently placing her and wild animals at risk. Not for cats. Willow is content and very happy to live with other dogs. Willow has been around children and could live with responsible children where her satefy is acknowledged as a family priority.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Video: Fun in the Paddock

Video: Fun in the Paddock 2

Known background: Willow was found stray with an old flea collar and an old collar with a clip on it to attach to a long line. She was unclaimed and pregnant but because she was so thin she looked less pregnant, then suddenly 7 pups appeared overnight on the 8th September 14. We collected and drove her via our vet who gave her treatment for her chest infection. Then into foster with her 7 pups. At 8 weeks old Willow went into foster with 2 other Lurchers and a terrier in East Grinstead. Willow is now spayed, chipped, wormed and fully vaccinated.

About Willow: Willow is regal..she carries herself with elegance. She is in the process of transformation from rags to riches. Her fosters have taken her in with her puppies and rebuilt her health and now her coat reveals how her body has responded to a raw food diet and tender loving care. Willow would love to live with at least another dog and be integral to her families activities and her family attentive to her needs. Willow can be left but expect your curtains to be twitched. She loves to play but can be noisy in her endeavours.

Willow is possibly 3 years old and is a greyhound lurcher. She stands around 27 " to the shoulder and has a slender frame with powerful back legs which propel her in her running. Willow is very gentle in nature and a little reserved meeting strangers but she graces you with her company and will enjoy being offered care and companionship. Willow was found is a dreadful state but now well, happy and seeking her forever family.

Visit Willow's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Willow92.JPG
Willow53.JPG
Willow2c.jpg
Willow's Thread below: Watch steady progress within our loving care.
Original Referral Details: Adam called to say he had a surprise this morning to open up and find Willow had had 7 pups over night. He asked if we knew anyone who could take Willow and pups in as Willow was depleted with the ordeal of the pregnancy.

Here is Willow at our vets .: She climbed into the puppies crate as she was tired of standing
Willow1.jpg

Mark exams the pups
Willow2.jpg
A box of squeezy pups
Willow3.jpg
Stretching her legs whilst Karen gets her car ready
Willow4.jpg
Willow5.jpg
Willow6.jpg
Deleted but will soon been in Christina's care and recovering
Willow7.jpg
Willow8.jpg
Willow9.jpg
Ready for the last leg of the journey...Burgess Hill
Willow10.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Willow Lurcher DOB TBAss Burgess Hill Foster

Post by Sarahk »

Wow, rescue remedies team at its best :)

Don't those wee little things look just so squidgey and gorgeous :D
And Willow is a star, taking care of her pups when she clearly needs tlc herself, massive thanks to Christina for taking this troupe in and Karen for transporting, looking forward to following their progress...
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Well done RR. Willow is so gorgeous, bless her she needs so much tlc and she has produced her beautiful little pups. They will all thrive in the foster care. Thank you again and give the very beautiful Willow my hugs and kisses and the pups of course! xx :smiley-gen132.gif:
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Big hugs to all involved :smiley-gen132.gif: thank goodness Willow and pups are safe now :)
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Poor Willow to find herself without a home and pups on the way. Thank goodness that mum and pups are now safe. Lovely that they are in loving hands and are being loved and well cared for. :thanks.gif:
chinquest

Post by chinquest »

The pups are all doing well and growing every day in front of my eyes.
Willow has been a really good mum, attentive and cleaning them up. She is
wagging her tail now when I go to see her and the puppies, they are upstairs
in my bedroom as it's quiet and warm. She is eating about four meals a day
although she is putting it all towards her little babies so doesn't look as
if there is much difference in her skinny figure yet. She is a delight to
have and enjoys our little walk to do the necessary! She manages to hold on
only needing to go out once a day so not sure if that relates to how she was
kept before. I feel very honoured to be trusted with them all.

Christina
Willowpups1.JPG
Willowpups (2).JPG
Woillowpups3.JPG
Willowpups5.JPG
Willowpups6.JPG
Willowpups7.JPG
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

What beautiful pictures and what a wonderful Mum Willow is. She is doing so well and her pups look so healthy. Thank you for helping Willow and the puppies its truly gorgeous. x :thanks.gif: :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful progress report and super photos. Willow is proving to be a brilliant mum, bless her heart. :smiley-gen132.gif:

Thank you so much Christina for taking in this remarkable family.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Willow is an amazing mum, I was lucky enough to pay her and her 1 month old puppies a visit yesterday, what a treat :biggrin.gif:

Willow was super cool and very relaxed with us oooh-ing and arrrh-ing over her gorgeous babies !
Her coat was beautiful and she's looking very well. Such huge thanks to Christina for taking care of her and her brood just when she needed it most, I know Willow and all RR will agree with me on that score, thankyou Christina from all of us xx

Here's relaxed mum Willow ...
DSC00593.JPG
DSC00488.JPG
DSC00491.JPG
DSC00492.JPG
I don't think Willow has any idea how special we all think she is, she lay on the sofa and wondered what we were doing as we went ga-ga over her puppies !!!

And are you ready for it, I know the official term is a litter but I think of it as a gaggle of gorgeousness or a pile of pups !!!...
p
p
DSC00597.JPG
DSC00598.JPG
DSC00600.JPG
DSC00602.JPG
DSC00603.JPG
DSC00605.JPG
DSC00607.JPG
DSC00606.JPG
Not sure how I managed to tear myself away !!!
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Rummibailey

Post by Rummibailey »

Just showed this to sophie and her friend - full on girlie squeals of delight! How lovely they are and Willow is looking so good!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”